SPAM random annoying things

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm I find myself hating the brain-dead systems at work more than usual today :(

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm finding myself in agreement with Toht.

Kickstarter mugs are not investors - just cash cows to be milked then politely ignored.

Either its vapourware and you never get anything or they already pretty much finished and your 'investment' is pure profit for them.

Exactly what rights do you think kickstarter mugs have?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm finding myself in agreement with Toht.

Kickstarter mugs are not investors - just cash cows to be milked then politely ignored.

Either its vapourware and you never get anything or they already pretty much finished and your 'investment' is pure profit for them.

Exactly what rights do you think kickstarter mugs have?

Lets ignore the fact that established developers and publishers with cash in the bank are subverting kickstarter (the bubble will burst because of this) and look at what it's supposed to be: A forum for getting projects off the ground for people who can't raise / don't have the capital.

You know up-front that you could be funding vapourware. You know you could lose it all. You are aware of all the risks. It's very much like shareholding - the risk of losing everything with the payoff being a game that you bought in to at the beginning of development that you decide is worth attempting to get off the ground.

As for "rights"? What rights? You don't have any. And that's fine. That's an up-front choice.

Purchasing a product is different. You've a well-established right to expect it to work. You've a right to expect your money back if it's not forthcoming or doesn't work as advertised. If you pay for it in advance and you get shit then you're a fool - and digital distribution is a pile of chuff when it comes to this - you can't get your money back easily on broken product.

Publishers know this and are milking the fools by offering "working product" and providing piles of unfinished toss. It's tantamount to fraud.

The two situations are not even remotely similar.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
With regards to Bioshock infinite - I am actually tempted by the pre-purchase because of X-Com, I have no got around to buying it yet but intended to later on. A hard up mate would welcome Bioshock 1 as a gift too.

I would be buying it on release day anyway.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Stayed home yesterday, because I use public transportation, and we were supposedly getting a massive blizzard with several inches of snow. We got fuck all snow..

Today I got up early to go to classes and guess what.. A FUCKING BLIZZARD!

rynnor

Rockhound
CorNokZ said:
Stayed home yesterday, because I use public transportation, and we were supposedly getting a massive blizzard with several inches of snow. We got fuck all snow..

Today I got up early to go to classes and guess what.. A FUCKING BLIZZARD!

Your not getting your forecasts from the Met office by any chance? :p

They forecasted this winter as warmer than average for the UK - its actually been below average every month - some way below - march is almost half the average currently - brr :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
With regards to Bioshock infinite - I am actually tempted by the pre-purchase because of X-Com, I have no got around to buying it yet but intended to later on. A hard up mate would welcome Bioshock 1 as a gift too.

I would be buying it on release day anyway.

I've got bio 1&2 unplayed, so i'm sure i'll get infinite at some point. Might as well get the pre-purchase and get a gift xcom for someone. Sure i could trade it for some dota 2 muguffins or some such :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I'm not sure that Bio 1 even works any more. I remember deciding to replay it about two years ago and it just kept crashing :-/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The initial catalyst was a cute girl falling asleep, looking like a cute puppy falling asleep.
I was sitting in the bus.
A short person entered the bus and sat infront of me just as i started to crack a smile at the falling asleep puppy thing.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKjkPgVQcE

I'd like to thank jebus, buddha and all other deities for helping me keep it in. Thw rose part was realising that i was IN the giggle loop and remembering that coupling thing.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
tbh I'm not sure that Bio 1 even works any more. I remember deciding to replay it about two years ago and it just kept crashing :-/
Is it supposed to fucking freak me out as much as it does? Because it gives my big girls blouse and a heart all sorts of attacks the few times I've tried to play it.

God I'm such a coward.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have something I need to talk to a college about but I think they will all find it as either bragging or use it as a tool to get what they want which puts me in the shit with the higher ups. And it is contextual that it would take me ages to explain to anyone else. Tis a right cunt.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I have something I need to talk to a college about but I think they will all find it as either bragging or use it as a tool to get what they want which puts me in the shit with the higher ups. And it is contextual that it would take me ages to explain to anyone else. Tis a right cunt.

What? :p

edit - did you mean colleague? :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People who get given a very precise deadline plenty of time in advance, along with several reminders that the time limit is about to run out and if they don't sort their shit out life will get more difficult for them. Then bitch and moan about it when you just go ahead with it.

Employment law needs to be sorted so useless cunts can be fired easier!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Doing 8hrs of copying tv to tape overnight and ending up with 8hrs of black screen! What a waste of time!!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Auditors who don't understand the systems and processes that they are trying to audit.

Chilly

Balls of steel
People who get given a very precise deadline plenty of time in advance, along with several reminders that the time limit is about to run out and if they don't sort their shit out life will get more difficult for them. Then bitch and moan about it when you just go ahead with it.

Employment law needs to be sorted so useless cunts can be fired easier!
I think the law is flexible enough. You have to tell them they're shit, then let them prove they are in fact not shit (but in reality fuck up again), make sure they have any appropriate training, give them a formal warning, then kick them the fuck out, right? Bit of a pita, but it has to be a balance between employers and employees rights. Too much of either is bad for everyone.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You're at a box junction and you do the right thing: you wait until there's a space on the otherside for your car to move into without sitting in the yellow grid. A gap appears. You go for it. Out of nowhere, and without any any indication, a car on the offside tears past you, overtakes, and moves into your gap as you brake and find yourself in the box.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Driving work truck today when wind put a tree's branch flying out to hit my wing mirror and sent it through my passanger side window in an explosion of glass, was great fun cleaning out all the glass and making the call to my boss who was tbh extremely reasonable about it.

Still somehow feel i could have avoided it and like abit of a prat oh well :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Driving work truck today when wind put a tree's branch flying out to hit my wing mirror and sent it through my passanger side window in an explosion of glass, was great fun cleaning out all the glass and making the call to my boss who was tbh extremely reasonable about it.

Still somehow feel i could have avoided it and like abit of a prat oh well :(

How are you supposed to avoid a randomly flying tree branch? Not your fault. Go home & make an enormous chocolate cake. Present it to your wife. Watch her eyes light up. For me? You shouldn't have? OK, you say, and eat the entire cake like a pig. You'll feel so much better

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Hehe :)

Shit like that fairly shakes the old confidence when its out of your control, drove home slowly in the ST :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Spambots posing as people who don't like melted chocolate bars... ffs

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How do you know it was a bot?

It said it was female and 25!

There might have been boobs.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I hate girls that try and kiss me after having my cock in their mouth. I have been told since being knee high to a grass hopper to wash my hands after touching it so no way its going in my mouth. It is why I like a blow job to be a separate act. When they are done it is teeth brushing time. If you do it during the warm up keep your mouth to yourself. That has got me in more than one argument. But I honestly would not mind being told the same after eating out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom