SPAM random annoying things

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Starting to feel its Microsoft's computer not mine.
got this vibe real bad when it showed me ads to buy the new bethesda game on my login screen. how far would they push it I wondered. that said I own a license to run the OS, and with Windows (or Mac) the OS is up to them to decide I reckon. what if every third background becomes an ad because reasons. will I still think the same or will I try something else? If MS would push that way they'd probably have to be pretty damn subtle about it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm going to visit a few more. If I can find a personal trainer 40+ I'd much prefer that.

Before he moved up North, my friend in North East London had a PT in his 50s (ex army boxing instructor) and took things real slow and very gradually built up the pace, concentrating on correct technique, breathing, stretching, and adjusting his mindset rather than trying to kill him on the treadmill straight off the bat. That's what I want
Lampster have you perhaps considered keto? I'm a big fan, or I suppose I should say I was a big fan as I'm a shadow of my former self: lost 20kg in 6 months eating steaks, eggs, cheeses and mountains of bacon. if I can do that you can do it too! slowly weaning myself off it to coast to my target weight in a month or three. cost me a fortune in clothes not gonna lie. dropped 4 jeans sizes mate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I like keto but it's socially very difficult.

It does open your eyes to just how much shit is on sale tho. I now walk into shops are realise the three quarters of them are effectively "drugs". Certainly it's not food.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'll look into keto. I'm not big on cheese.

I've already cut out the fizzy drinks, bread, potatoes, white rice, pasta and sugary shit. For the first time in AGES I went grocery shopping yesterday and didn't put a single item of junk food in my basket.

(I did eat the shopping basket tho out of frustration)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just eat a balanced, low carb, low fake sugar diet. Eat when you're hungry, not when you aren't. 2 months of it and it becomes normal.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I do have to say, if weight loss is your goal, keto is amazing. And the benefits go way beyond the weight loss - it teaches you how to look at the world differently. Especially food, but also (for me) how you exist in it and what your body is capable of and how it works. I could do mammoth twelve hour bike rides and not eat a thing, get to the end and not be hungry - because my body had it's own fuel source.

I know I've got the gap in the weight training thing though. So that's the number 1 for me to fix this year - I'm going under the knife again later this year and want to be in as good a nick as possible to ensure recovery is easy for me.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A balanced diet and an actual understanding of what a serving size is and not what you think it is or wish it to be along with some semi-energetic physical exercise.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
A balanced diet and an actual understanding of what a serving size is and not what you think it is or wish it to be along with some semi-energetic physical exercise.

You'd be surprised how few people can define a balanced diet.

People are far too lazy to figure out their TDEE, MBR, their protein needs, their carb needs, their fat needs. If people kept a real food journal for a month and then actually just cut shit out they'd lose weight/fat/size without issue - NAH, too hard.

Also even going for a 15min walk once a day will help. Nah too much effort.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People are far too lazy to figure out their TDEE, MBR, their protein needs, their carb needs, their fat needs. If people kept a real food journal for a month and then actually just cut shit out they'd lose weight/fat/size without issue - NAH, too hard.
It's not laziness.

We're not evolved to micro-manage our food. We're evolved to eat as much as possible because the next couple of hunter-gatherer days might turn up absolutely dick.

Add into that the explosion of sugar and ultra processed food in the last century (and, less importantly for weight, more sedentary jobs) - and now you have the perfect storm. "Food" that's designed to be addictive - and no legislation against that.

Keto really opened my eyes to what food is. And now a walk around a supermarket is a vastly different experience. Not remotely the same. Up and down the veg and meat aisles, then some of the oil spice and natural preserves aisle is OK (with reservations) - but and everything else is literally poison.

Everything
else. Including staples like bread. It's not real bread as we used to bake it. It's another ultraprocessed (and addictive, and health-harming) edible shitshow.

It takes incredible mental focus and commitment to micro-manage your diet - and that's why 75% of us are fat or obese. To not be like the majority - in the environment we live in - takes either dedication or some level/kind of separation from others.

People have different priorities than just their weight. If you "spend" all your willpower focussing on that, something else which might be important to you will give.

We're not supposed to live like this.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Does having a 15 min shit once a day count as exercise?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I'd literally rather die. Apart from the walking bit, that's fine.

Overdriven

I'd literally rather die. Apart from the walking bit, that's fine.

I mean that's kinda my point.

Two ways of doing it are the lazy way and the complex way. But without knowing your starting point what's the definition of "being healthy" - Cool, you take in less calories. Now your body is starved of micronutrients and you're skinny fat. I had to INTRODUCE more food to lose weight because I was actually under eating and my body was basically in "starvation mode" 24/7. I literally introduced an 800kcal breakfast (overnight oats. Protein powder/peanut butter/milk/oats) and I ended up losing about 1kg every 2 weeks, instead of not having the breakfast and literally just being at "maintenance" - And I have to basically make sure I eat the right foods/keep track of what I mostly eat otherwise... Lots of belly pain.

There are most certainly more friendly ways of doing it "Cut out sugar", "Eat less bread", "Eat less refined foods" and sure you will definitely lose some weight - But what happens when you 'fall off the wagon' and suddenly gain 10kg of water weight in 3 weeks? It's just a painful process and it's exactly why people don't stick to diets. No one wants to put the effort into food as it's shit tonne of admin and I get it. Hell, I'm lazy too and honestly I just rely on food information labels and knowing what I put into my body.

@Scouse - You ever done a cheat weekend of Keto which has turned into a week, then month? Seen how quick you gain all that weight back? It's conceptually the same (I won't go into the biology of it because I'm sure no one cares..) - I'm a HUGE advocate of keto for people with GI/epilepsy/other issues, as long as it's controlled. Most people end up doing 6 months then coming off it, and coming off it is the hardest bit (at least properly) - It's great for finding trigger foods. But in the end you're just skinny fat unless you're active or reallly low body fat.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I mean that's kinda my point.

Two ways of doing it are the lazy way and the complex way. But without knowing your starting point what's the definition of "being healthy" - Cool, you take in less calories. Now your body is starved of micronutrients and you're skinny fat. I had to INTRODUCE more food to lose weight because I was actually under eating and my body was basically in "starvation mode" 24/7. I literally introduced an 800kcal breakfast (overnight oats. Protein powder/peanut butter/milk/oats) and I ended up losing about 1kg every 2 weeks, instead of not having the breakfast and literally just being at "maintenance" - And I have to basically make sure I eat the right foods/keep track of what I mostly eat otherwise... Lots of belly pain.

There are most certainly more friendly ways of doing it "Cut out sugar", "Eat less bread", "Eat less refined foods" and sure you will definitely lose some weight - But what happens when you 'fall off the wagon' and suddenly gain 10kg of water weight in 3 weeks? It's just a painful process and it's exactly why people don't stick to diets. No one wants to put the effort into food as it's shit tonne of admin and I get it. Hell, I'm lazy too and honestly I just rely on food information labels and knowing what I put into my body.

@Scouse - You ever done a cheat weekend of Keto which has turned into a week, then month? Seen how quick you gain all that weight back? It's conceptually the same (I won't go into the biology of it because I'm sure no one cares..) - I'm a HUGE advocate of keto for people with GI/epilepsy/other issues, as long as it's controlled. Most people end up doing 6 months then coming off it, and coming off it is the hardest bit (at least properly) - It's great for finding trigger foods. But in the end you're just skinny fat unless you're active or reallly low body fat.
TL;DR

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
TL;DR: People fat coz they no eat proper foodz
Not laziness.

I understand the metabolic pathways, the biology, the in's and outs. But we're not evolved to micro-manage our food like that.

Think of it this way - you've a finite amount of "willpower". If you use it all up on nazi-level control of your food then you don't have any to spend on other, equally important, parts of your life.

Yes, personal responsibility. Yep. But loads of fat people really only happened from the 1980's onwards. Think about why that may be...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One of my Guinea Fowl just died. Went to put them all away for the night just now and one was sat by the coop struggling to breathe. It sneezed shit all over me but we prepared a box and put it in there. But I think whatever it had filled it's lungs and it asphyxiated. :(

Just praying it's not bird flu :(

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
ublock origin still seems to work for me.
OK. It's weirder than that.

It's all videos, in all web browsers. I click play, then it immediately stops playing (like pause is immediately hit). Tried it adblock on and off, in youtube and BBC Sport (wanted to watch an interview - but it won't play it).

Fucking weird. :eek:

Overdriven

So, for me, as of today I can no longer play youtube videos (running adblock plus).

Anyone got a way around this? (Obviously, I'd rather not watch youtube videos if I have to watch adverts).

By paying the £3 a month via a VPN for Premium.

But then I watch it on my TV and the wife/her family use it for other school related crap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hmmm. Looks like it's related to the dual monitor setup I've got running atm.

I added a second monitor (via displayport) as I'm out of my house in my big 'shed' - so 3 monitors on my desk, two for work, one for the PC. The telly is balanced on a bench connected by HDMI.

Youtube plays on the telly, but refuses to play on the monitor.

Meh. The very definition of #firstworldproblems eh?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

So, for me, as of today I can no longer play youtube videos (running adblock plus).

Anyone got a way around this? (Obviously, I'd rather not watch youtube videos if I have to watch adverts).

Still works for me, Firefox, Ad Block Plus.

I've been thinking about getting a sub, I watch an awful lot of YouTube.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Adblock plus is a bit pants, just search for "adblock plus controversy". Ublock Origin is better, every time Youtube update their "thou shalt not block" rules, Ublock fixes it within hours.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Supposed to be going to Warwick castle today, the cats had other plans and decided that it was a good idea to have one cat charging upstairs, while the other charges downstairs, while I am in the middle of the stairs. One fucked ankle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom