RAM Issue

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
OK guys, i've put the RAM (2x 512mb) from my old system into my gf's and it only recognises 512mb, i'm unsure of the mobo other than I THINK it's an ASrock (never heard of em) and i know it has an AGP gfx card in it (MSI nvidia 5700...no idea of the ram on it).

I've tried both of the ram sticks, one of which the pc will not boot if it is in the slot closest to the CPU but will if it is in the other slot (only 2 on the mobo), the other stick will work in either slot, am i right in thinking the mobo will not support more than 512mb RAM?

I guess it's a long shot asking but i'm not sure what i'm looking at mobo wise, or what numbers to look at to find out, any help would be much appreciated.

:cheers:

Chilly

Balls of steel
could be the ram isnt compatible with the board - clock speed or something.

its highly unlikely the mobo cant do more than 512MB, unless it's ancient (like 7+ years)

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
well it accepts 512mb but not the full 1gb and I know both sticks work.

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
What speed rating are the RAM sticks? My ASrock mobo(1) has been quite happy with matched pairs of 2x256, 2x512 and 2x1G of PC2700 and PC3200 speed sticks.

(1) ASRock > Products > P4i65G. Bought as a replacement for the previous A/Open board which had a disk controller failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom