Raising peoples awareness of important issues.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Deadmanwalking said:
Someone hasn't been listening during science lessons.

But lets expand on your saying. You eat meat (You big muscle filled sex god you) but you also eat a shit load more fat due to that then a vege.

Yout fat muscle filled sex god..... nope just doesn't work.

I know a vegetarian who is a right fat bastard.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Lazarus said:
I know a vegetarian who is a right fat bastard.

Exactly. Proving my point further.

We are not what we eat. Not on the scale my muscles Jonaldo is on about anyway.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
My girlfriend is a Vegitarian, she is also studying to be a vet. That was a deciding factor in her being a veggie, because she had to do a study into the animal cruelty of the animals in the sheds where they are kept. She showed me some pictures ok i found it cruel but i still like chicken.

She also tried to put me off by speaking about how sometimes the chickens are still alive as they are being plucked and skinned. That the stress the animals go thru actually pass through into the meat themselvs. The meat is gray and watery and chewy.

However i find it weird because she says she will be a vegitarian, but she wont force her kids to do so - she will let them make up their own mind, however she is trying to force me into turning veggie. (so i just offer her a bite of my chicken burger :D)

(been with her for over a year and a half, and its soo weird to see girls eating meat, as im so used to her eating vegetables)

Im not really complaining because it means when i cook for dinner i cant really give her food poisoning, all that would happen is that she is eating some raw peppers. The easiest meal is stir fry some peppers and veggies, nice and easy :D

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
I think i can explain why people are so bloody unhealthy.

From the things written on this board...

Vegetarians ONLY eat vegetables.

And Meat eaters ONLY eat meat.

And then half of you will be moaning about being to fat/unfit/not able to do things. Played.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Have people never seen a fish farm thingie?? Do they actually believe every fish in the store has been caught at sea?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You know what? I honestly couldn't give a shit how the animal is treated, just so long as it tastes good. Animals bred for food are remarkably stupid creatures.

Actually I do care, but no way am I living the rest of my life without Bacon.

RedVenom

Banned
Deadmanwalking said:
Someone hasn't been listening during science lessons.

It maybe unintentional, but you really are a funny kid. The hypocrisy is astounding.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
Im not really complaining because it means when i cook for dinner i cant really give her food poisoning, all that would happen is that she is eating some raw peppers.

I think you've succumbed to one of the famous veggie mantras regarding food safety.

Firstly, some nasty food poisoning in the form of Campylobacter and Listeria is associated with dairy products, and Salmonella is found in eggs, all of which are normally allowed by veggies.

Secondly, what makes you think something grown in animal faeces (as what manure is) is going to be completely free of contamination ? Fruit and vegetables can and do give you very nasty illnesses if they are not washed and prepared properly, raw fruit and vegetables suffer exactly the same problems as undercooked/uncooked meat.

Food poisoning can also come from preserved goods (some bateria do not need air to grow) and any food is susceptable from the crap we have on our hands.

Meat is normally cooked, and often tastes foul when infected, so unless you are a dork you are unlikely to get poisoned. Whereas the bugs from unclean fruit and veg are harder to spot and taste, even less those on your hands.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
Nah, proper vegitarians eat no meat but can eat dairy products. Having said that you can get vegitarian cheese because non veggie cheese uses cow stomach lining to make it or something similar. Real veggies are aware of such things and generally don't eat anything that involves the death of another animal.

Then they should eat nothing at all.
Vegiitarian food kills alot of animals :
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
Few studies document the losses of rabbits, mice, pheasants, snakes and other field animals in planting and harvesting crops. Said one researcher: "Because most of these animals have been seen as expendable, or not seen at all, few scientific studies have been done measuring agriculture's effects on their populations."

Davis has found evidence that suggests that the unseen losses of field animals are very high. One study documented that a single operation, mowing alfalfa, caused a 50 percent reduction in the gray-tailed vole population. Mortality rates increase with every pass of the tractor to plow, plant, and harvest. Additions of herbicides and pesticides cause additional harm to animals of the field.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
<Mufasa> It is the great circle of life. </Mufasa>

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
You know what? I honestly couldn't give a shit how the animal is treated, just so long as it tastes good. Animals bred for food are remarkably stupid creatures.

Actually, pigs are very intelligent, but.

Actually I do care, but no way am I living the rest of my life without Bacon.

Amen :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom