Rahh

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Call of duty may well be the best game at the moment .

First post to me !

Will

/bin/su
Reminds me of a Jasper Carrot sketch I saw last night.

"Do a routine on dyslexics...the letters you get."

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well i could have had first post but i was to shy :kissit:

Anul

Fledgling Freddie
Cod was fun in the begining but when the snipers ruind it :/

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The snipers make the game imo. You want another game where everyone juts runs around spraying all day long ?? :)
There are lots of servers no with no snipers,whcih I think is a shame. Also though, that PRM mod limits to 2 snipers per team, which is probably fairest on consideration :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Have to agree with yer their Throddy (as always hmmmm bum) CoD is the dogs boolacks :)

A bloke turned to a dyslexic and said "Can you smell Gas"
Dyselxic says "I cant even Spell my name let alone that!" :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've been playing COD today, and I have to say that the Stalingrad artillery bombardment was the most fucking impressive fucking thing I've seen on a fucking computer in fucking ages. They programmed it to go on for ages, just so we could all go "ooooooooo!"

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Sniping is the only skilled thing in the game ffs... those russian bleedin machine guns <forget name to early in morning etc> bloody put a new meaning to spray and pray <NERF ImhO>

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ahh Ive just sorted the sig option :)

Anyway, to go back to the subject, its easy to think the PPS is the only gun in CoD, however the others fire quite slowly, and so its not like i often run out of bullets either.
One of my best scores was on Pavlov, as a German armed with an MP40, managed a score of 36-7 or something, against a host of PPS-wielding ruskies :)

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer to go with an mp44 over the pps, then pick up a standard rifle along the way. These work well against the pps, as long as you don't move too much, shoot in short bursts, etc. The pps is a good 'spray and pray' wep, but like the snipers, they can be overcome ........ and it's much more fun beating them down with more skilled weps ;)

Cenuij

Regular Freddie
IMO best all round weap is maybe the MP40, but you still want to maybe pickup a rifle if your on a map with open areas...

PSH or PPS or whatever is lame :) sten is nice in tight maps for manouverability but dont hope to hit anything more than 20 yards away :)

BREN is deadly, fire is shorts bursts of two or three and its accurate over moderate distances and will take down enemies easily.

MP44 well this weapon just sucks.

Best rifle? well some swear by the M1 Garand but personally I think people who use it rely on the semi-automatic nature of it and not skill ( its sights are too limiting ). I prefer the german rifle or the russian. Springfiled is best scoped rifle without a doubt due to the scope crosshair.

Panzers? well use one of these and prepare to be laughed at for a long time ;)

Will

/bin/su
I actually hate the Springfield crosshairs, they take up too much room. I'm more of a Scoped Kar98k man myself.

And the best non-scoped rifle has to be the Lee-Enfield. Even though it sucks in close for shooting, it seems to have the best melee attack. So shoot them then beat them up, for ultimate humiliation. :)

MP40 is the best SMG. The Thompson is just spammy, and the PPSh even more so. When I use the Sten, I get the feeling it will fall apart every time I reload.

For the proper rifles...I hate them all. I don't think there is a rational reason, they just seem to suck in my hands.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm in love with the bar.

The end.

I know what you mean about the springfield though. I definitely prefer the scoped kar98k.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
MP40 does rock though, and seems the most accurate of the smaller guns.
I like to have a Kar and a Tompson as an ideal partnership :)

Will

/bin/su
leggy said:
I'm in love with the bar.

The end.
The BAR is good if you are just providing accurate cover fire, but if you have to move anywhere, its so slow that it drives me mental. The Bren is the same, though it has a kick-ass sight.

The MP44 is like...the worst aspects of an SMG and a rifle in one. It is just a poor attempt at a jack of all trades. It is alright if you are able to keep all the fighting to middle-range distances.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Aye, that bar is no use for running around spraying. But it is so damn powerful, not to mention accurate. The amount of times I've been outsniped by some ned with a bar is unbelievable :(. Maybe I'm just a shit sniper. :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Ahh Ive just sorted the sig option :)

Anyway, to go back to the subject, its easy to think the PPS is the only gun in CoD, however the others fire quite slowly, and so its not like i often run out of bullets either.
One of my best scores was on Pavlov, as a German armed with an MP40, managed a score of 36-7 or something, against a host of PPS-wielding ruskies :)

mp_railyard german 115- 10 german sniper rifle with mp40 i call the smg though :s

Will

/bin/su
Conchabar said:
mp_railyard german 115- 10 german sniper rifle with mp40 i call the smg though :s
Arrgh, my eyes. It takes me at least three reads to understand anything you type.

Punctuation is your friend.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hey! We play Search and Destroy here ! Or did you get that score on a S-D server over 12 rounds ?
Gosh there must have been a lot of people on it ;)

editted by the ex-moderator that is me :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Hey! We play Search and Destroy here ! Or did you get that score on a S-D server over 12 rounds ?
Gosh there must have been a lot of people on it ;)

editted by the ex-moderator that is me :)

search and destroy eewwww i play tdm x

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, it's funny how most of you don't like the mp44. This is my favourite automatic wep. The mp40, thompson, sten and ppsh are all a bit woosy imo ;) They feel too light and don't seem accurate or powerful enough. The mp44 is good at close and middle range, as long as you fire in 2/3 bullet bursts. Even over long range it can do well in 1/2 bullet bursts I find. Along with the mp44, I like to have one of the german standard rifles. I prefer the way you line this one up when in zoom. The standard rifles are a great 'one shot kill' wep for close range too, albeit a little tricky to get used to and slow to reload.
Bren and BAR type weps are a bit too 'stationary' for my liking, i.e. no good if you're on the move ...... and I tend to keep moving the whole time.
Guess it'd be boring if we all liked the same weps eh!
Will be about for some CoD tonight ........ maybe we could take an FH team onto a public, as we seem to have about every wep covered between us ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom