Radeon Sapphire 4870 99% load

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello people

im having a bit of an odd problem with my gfx.

the problem is that in some games, and in some situations in thoes games, my gfx card begins to use 99% load on the gpu and i can hear from my case the fan starts to spin up since its trying to keep my card cooled.

the situations i found this happen was in....

the login screen in WoW (where you put in your name and password) and ONLY there.

the entire DoW2 game from when you start the game.

when you look up in the forest parts of Warhammer Online (Ostland mostly)

the entire Oblivion the elder scroll game.

i have read around diffrent forums where people have had similar problems but not directly the same model as mine (Sapphire 4870 1GB PCI-E GDDR 5), some were fix with software, some with bios flashing.

i have tried contacting sapphiretech to get a flashbios update for the card, they gave me one but it didnt fix the issue, then i tried to put the card in one of my friends computer, and the problem stopped so it must be the card that has some kind of interferens with other hardware in my computer.

i then bought a whole new computer ( minus a gfx card) and kept the old parts for a home entertainment system thingy, but the new computer with all new parts STILL does the 99% load things in the games mentioned above.

so...what the hell is going on? anyone had any similar problems or got a clue what to do ?

thanks in advance. :ninja:

Lasse.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hello people

im having a bit of an odd problem with my gfx.

the problem is that in some games, and in some situations in thoes games, my gfx card begins to use 99% load on the gpu and i can hear from my case the fan starts to spin up since its trying to keep my card cooled.

the situations i found this happen was in....

the login screen in WoW (where you put in your name and password) and ONLY there.

the entire DoW2 game from when you start the game.

when you look up in the forest parts of Warhammer Online (Ostland mostly)

the entire Oblivion the elder scroll game.

i have read around diffrent forums where people have had similar problems but not directly the same model as mine (Sapphire 4870 1GB PCI-E GDDR 5), some were fix with software, some with bios flashing.

i have tried contacting sapphiretech to get a flashbios update for the card, they gave me one but it didnt fix the issue, then i tried to put the card in one of my friends computer, and the problem stopped so it must be the card that has some kind of interferens with other hardware in my computer.

i then bought a whole new computer ( minus a gfx card) and kept the old parts for a home entertainment system thingy, but the new computer with all new parts STILL does the 99% load things in the games mentioned above.

so...what the hell is going on? anyone had any similar problems or got a clue what to do ?

thanks in advance. :ninja:

Lasse.

Works fine rounds friends house but not yours. New pc at yours with the gfx card also causes the problem.

Two questions;

1) Does the new computer use the old hard drive? or a ghost copy of the old hard drive, or did you install windows from fresh?

2) Can you move the pc somewhere else in the house and see if the problem continues. Maybe some sort of electronic interference caused this?

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
ey Bahumat

to answer question 1
the two entirely seperated computers i have had (with the same gfx card in) had entirely its own hardware so the only thing thats the same in thoes two computers is the gfx card, so its really odd that the same stuff happens in thoes two computers of mine but not in my friends.

to answer question 2
yes i have tried it in diffrent places in the house, even diffrent locations here in denmark where i live so its most likely not a location issue.

any other ideas ?

the most likely issue i can think of should be that, that gfx card has issues with SOME hardware but not all, and it just happened to have issues with the hardware i have installed in both of my computers but not in my friends computer....perhaps

rynnor

Rockhound
Its a duff card - I had one but sent it back - basically the onboard firmware isnt right - it doesnt handle the difference between low load and high load properly so goes crazy when it should be barely ticking over - send it back to wherever you got it from.

Not sure why it works at your friends but I always found it occurred at unpredictable intervals so may just be a fluke - its definately the card thats the root of your troubles tho - we had a few other threads on the 500/1gig versions of that card by Sapphire.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
thanks for your feedback Rynnor ill look into what i can do!

Lasse

rynnor

Rockhound
thanks for your feedback Rynnor ill look into what i can do!

Lasse

Np - I did the same thing as you - built a whole new system just to house it before I realised it was junk lol :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
just a general comment to add to that, for reasons unknown, DOW2 runs -everything- hot, causing some thrashing, and noone knows why

im not saying your card isnt nackered, but DOW2 is not a good measure of anything ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom