Radar Utility

R

Roalith

Originally posted by infozwerg

radar programs are packet sniffers and thus can only display information thats included in the packets. there is no information on ppl in stealth sent to a client unless that client is inside the stealth bubble.

I'm pretty sure this is a myth, actually. If no information was sent to your client about people in stealth, then how would your client know it's inside the stealth bubble of the assassin?

I

infozwerg

I'm pretty sure this is a myth, actually. If no information was sent to your client about people in stealth, then how would your client know it's inside the stealth bubble of the assassin?

the client knows your avatar is inside the stealth bubble because the server sends information on the stealthed char. pretty simple really.

regards,
Estat

S

Sharma

Im pretty damned sure some stealthers use it, been about 5 times ive been in the most remote part of pennines sitting and soemhow some random SB finds me

K

kr0n

Maybe those 200 L50 SBs arent all inactive and actually ARE roaming frontiers? Poor buggers...

L

Lanfaer

Originally posted by kr0n
Maybe those 200 L50 SBs arent all inactive and actually ARE roaming frontiers? Poor buggers...

w00t ... you actually made some sense ! ;)

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Lanfaer

w00t ... you actually made some sense ! ;)

I did, did't I? At least I can myself understand that sentece fully.
For the hard headed,

"Maybe those 200 L50 SBs arent all inactive and actually ARE roaming frontiers? Poor buggers..."

Maybe all 200(as in count, 200 of them) Level 50 Shadowblades actually ARE active (not inactive means the same thing, right?) and ARE playing the game, roaming frontiers looking for people who would drop Realm Points. Get it ?

R

Roalith

Originally posted by infozwerg

the client knows your avatar is inside the stealth bubble because the server sends information on the stealthed char. pretty simple really.

regards,
Estat

So, they server sends information to your client about people in stealth?

. . .

M

Meatballs

From what I've read they only send the stealthers information if you are close enough to see them. And that is only checked every 3 seconds.

But then if you have low stealth, and a high level stealther is nearby, you can't stealth due to being too close to the enemy, but you cant see them so some other information must be coming through in that instance.

E

Ezeine

Sad really. I came to this game from CS cause it was full of cheats.
Now same happens here. GG :puke:

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Well maybe they could scramble the packets in someway , so those cheating son's of vermine cant use these feeking prog's

The packets already are encrypted, but that hasnt stopped people making more sniffers, even a server emulator is entering alpha stage.

I tested it when it was closed alpha, ok you could only run around/teleport/fly/see spell anims/morph, but it goes to show that encryption is only an obstacle that needs to be bypassed once in most cases of online RPGS.

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
What uter bullshit.

Im 100% sure Nolby Pride have not used any radar hack, unless they used it without me being there.

Indeed, Nolby Pride may be smelly trolls and blue faced kobolds, but cheaters they are definetly not.
They are among the most skilled players on this server, and so do not need to cheat :p</lub>

DIE NP KTHX!

K

k9awya

Originally posted by *-Candy-*

Maybe not, but I'm sure some of them has two accounts, one with a buffbot which they use on their home server Excaliber-Midgard.

And so they make a new character on their "buffbot-account" in for example Albion-Prydwen just to do /who emain-odin-hadrians etc so now and then..

love,
Candy

funny that, i know one of them had 2 accts but what did he make on his buffbot acct..

could it be.. a buffbot?

yeah.:>

E

eben

Originally posted by Eblessair

Indeed, Nolby Pride may be smelly trolls and blue faced kobolds, but cheaters they are definetly not.
They are among the most skilled players on this server, and so do not need to cheat :p</lub>

DIE NP KTHX!

And they sure as hell have mighty clean rims too...

:)

E

Esoteric

The situation is pretty shocking, I too came from cs to here to due to cheats. At least CS was free. There will always be cheats which ruin things but I didnt think they would ruin things successfully here, irc and daox are all part of the same problem. Put the ability to cheat in the hands of a kid, they aren't gonna say no are they.

When I used to log on at night there used to be groups about for rvr now their isnt any, and its not due to si its down to the rvr sitiuation forcing people away. Heck few more weeks of this and I bet ppl will close their a/c's regardless of the pretty si graphics and lands.

Or lets all role assassins

F

Faravid

Offcaurse the server gets info on your position although in stealth.. how in hell would see hidden and TS work otherwise...

M

mark-

Originally posted by Faravid
Offcaurse the server gets info on your position although in stealth.. how in hell would see hidden and TS work otherwise...

Because people with such RAs are flagged on the server as having them (obviously) and as such when the check is done whether or not to send the position of an entity (stealthed player in this case), the data is sent (SH->passive, always report stealthed entitys to clipping range, client however draws them with high translucency.. TS->active, only send stealthed entitys when RA is activated)..

The check would be further complicated with respecr to not showing assasins for SH and camo, etc, etc

.. this is how it 'could' work and in my programmers opinion would be the best, most sensible, most logical way

Unless somebody comes forward and says they have in depth knowledge of the daoc protocol though, you will never know for sure.

O

old.XanateA

lol, this new wave of cheat-whine is even more fun than the zerg whine :)
I am always the one leading NP in emain when i am online
Been doing it for over 3 million rp, you pick up a lot in that time.
Radar whine is flattering, it really is.
I know the truth, so all this thread means to me and NP is a compliment on our play and our success :)

/hug
/kiss

G

Grymlina

haha radar :p noobs

with my duped soj's and ITH swords and rpbot ill own y0 all ;)

this is d2x forum right ?

S

swords

Q. I am being killed by *insert rvr guildname here* all the time, they must be using radar hacks and buffbots and other cheats etc blah blah. what can i do?

A. quit whining, get your friends together, form a group and kick the shit out of them...

Seems to me that some people are forgetting to 'get back on the horse' so to speak.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by swords
get your friends together, form a group and kick the shit out of them...
Well some of thoose gankers, seems to disapear as soon as a lager force enter the zone, but as soon as the larger force goes away back they come.

O

old.windforce

part of smart rvr is that you don't stay on 1 place and that you make use of the assasins for information.

not seen prove yet but heard some strange storys (indirect evidence doesn't lead to a conviction in court)

F

Fafnir

No but there are progs out there so there are some sad fuck's who use them.

O

old.windforce

sad fucks indeed
cheating sucks
bad coding which makes it possible too
we could use some GOA officials monitoring the game

K

kr0n

One of the worst things currently what EU servers are missing is INGAME Admins/GMs. Im quite lazy person, so when I see someone acting strange or obviously using something, I cant really be arsed to:
1. Take a screenshot
2. Log out and head to RightNow (if it happens to work)
3. Make a report
4. Recieve multiple emails asking for more details, when I gave em all in the first one.

Id much rather do a:
1. /send <insert random admin> I think <Random char> from <Random realm> is acting quite suspiciously, mind spectating him for a while?

and go on to my own business again.

And above all, I have a bad memory, so I might not remember the incident at all if I decide to report it later that day when I have to log out.

I know it would cost a lot of money to GOA, probably too much money and manpower. But that would be the best situation to catch people.

D

decline

We pay as much as US, don't see why it would be any more out-of-pocket to have ingame CSRs like Mythic has on -EVERY- server. GOA are profit whores.

M

Meatballs

I don't think we do pay as much as US subscribers.

L

Laroma

US is $12.95 / month.
EU is €10 / month.

The difference is almost non-existant, but it still adds up with the amount of subscribers.

I

infozwerg

Well some of thoose gankers, seems to disapear as soon as a lager force enter the zone, but as soon as the larger force goes away back they come.

there is a slight typo in "lagger force" imo.

regards,
Estat

E

eynar

Agreed on these kind of whines being kinda sad...I've never seen behaviour which could indicate usage of a radar or any other cheating tool tbh...not from NP nor from anyone else...imo the best way to catch users would be by having an employee who uses it constantly himself. Since he would see everyone in the area on his map, it would be easier to see when people make strange and sudden movements towards ennemies etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom