Radar Utility

V

vayasen

Excalibur Radar Hack Utility.........

Will the SI patch stop that working? If so ...for how long(please let it be forever)

You know who and what im talking about.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Nah, it can still monitor the packets, so what can you do, nothing ;|

T

taromas

You will never be able to stop radar tools I think.

The program just monitors the network traffic and display the wanted info on a radar. Since such a tool doesn't send any traffic Mythic will never be able to block the use of these things.

The only way to catch a user is by monitoring his behavior.... :(

D

Damon_D

Well maybe they could scramble the packets in someway , so those cheating son's of vermine cant use these feeking prog's

O

old.Sko

It wont take long till descrambler will be written. Also i should point out that i know at least about one radar utility which is freeware and runs on win32. Due to changes to chat.log in patch 1.56 (its contents are no longer written to disk immediatly, but rather on zoning/quitting) it will be quite widespread :/

F

farathorn_nexus

I just can´t understand why certain people simply can´t enjoy the game the way it´s supposed to be...in other words, without cheating in all possible ways. It´s so darn lame to cheat in a game that you´re suppose to play just for the fun of it. Not to mention how much damage the cheaters cause to us non cheating players that are trying to stick to the rules and have fun.

I mean, when some people starts to cheat others gets fed up with it and quit the game which in the long run only brings the game and it´s spirit down. At the end...the only people that will still be left playing is a small bunch of lousy cheaters with their radar programs and noone to use them on since all the fair and honorable players are already long gone.

V

vayasen

They cheat because they are that desperate for RP. Simple.

Shame too coz this server was going really well.

F

farathorn_nexus

Originally posted by vayasen
They cheat because they are that desperate for RP. Simple.

Shame too coz this server was going really well.

Yeah, I totally agree to that.

I´m sad for the fact that many people tend to just look at the amount of RP rather than looking at all the opportunities to have many fun moments along with good fellows while fighting for your realm. But I guess that´s up to everyone to choose...

My own view is clear about this though. I always play for the fun of it, and sharing awesome moments along with great friends. Then, while doing that, I look at the RP as a nice additional bonus to it all that gives me the chance to buy a certain RA every now and then. But that´s just a bonus effect for me, nothing more than that...

D

Dook_Pug

I recently reported an pretty well known NS for suspicious behaviour.

I was wandering around the Hib frontier in a rather remote place when I come across him, he died. I then move to the Hib BK (I was told all newbie BuffBlades camp Ligen so I just HAD to try it :p) and yet again he appears and dies.

Getting a little suspicious I went along the ZW about 5 minutes stealthing distance from Ligen and stood there without moving for a while. After a few mins of waiting this silly little NS appears AGAIN. By this time I'm pretty sure he has some sort of radar program running but to be sure I move to Dun Ailinne (sp?...) and hide, 10 mins later I go AFK and return to see the dead NS emote spamming my corpse.

It really is getting silly now.

M

Madonion Slicer

Lets just hope people see these Radar users as the sad losers they are and dont combat it by getting a Radar themselfs, else after a time Radar will increase.

So far (touch wood) i have not come across someone that i would suspect of using such a tool.

C

commie

Is radar suers a big problem on prydwen or is it just a few soloers that are suspected`?

O

old.mattshanes

Was wondering around sauv forest rightside of excal where no enemies would hardly go i mean near the fellwoods kind of,was using a side route to go and craft without dying bang a fg of hibs kill me from nowhere,also was in the glacier giants foot and not in f8 range of hibs at all somehow they come all that way and gank me then one cheers like it indicated to something...

N

[NP]Regent

rp > all... but too cheat to get them is pure lameness :|~

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by mcirvine
http://www.virtues.net/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&bid=19&mid=11&ceid=11

article about guild that used radar programs

especially the link to the vnboards is very interesting to read where they flame eachother of cheating

readin certain parts of the logs made me sad.
[02:52] -itz|daoc:mad:#conquest- if you cheat in counterstrike you've just wasted your time playing
[02:53] -Diirk:mad:#conquest- thats basically oe ;P
[02:53] -itz|daoc:mad:#conquest- thats different though, those games arent persistant
[02:53] -Diirk:mad:#conquest- hehe
[02:53] -itz|daoc:mad:#conquest- if someone is cheating in CS you kick htem off your server
[02:53] -Balrok:mad:#Conquest- a hack is a hack :)
[02:53] -itz|daoc:mad:#conquest- or you go to a different one
[02:53] -itz|daoc:mad:#conquest- that is the difference
[02:53] -itz|daoc:mad:#conquest- morally yes its the same, but realistically
[02:53] -itz|daoc:mad:#conquest- its two completly different situations
[/b]
ppl justifying that using a cheat is ok :(

M

mcirvine

If you read all the logs that are linked in the article it's even worse to see what he is saying about the cheating...

Kinda odd they let him back in game

O

old.Zarff

tbh since I returned to prydwen I've had alot of strange encounters that only makes me wondering if some ppl use radar... especially one guild has gotten my attention lately... im sure alot of the incidents had no connection to radar using but some just seem 2 odd and 2 suspecious...

M

mcirvine

tbh i think a lot of people are thinking this of one guild, dont we? ;)

M

mcirvine

tbh i think a lot of people are thinking this of one guild, dont we? ;)

G

gwyneth-love

Well im not Sure they use it ,... But im sure they made RvR on our server less fun .

I

infozwerg

I recently reported an pretty well known NS for suspicious behaviour.

... and hide, 10 mins later I go AFK and return to see the dead NS emote spamming my corpse.

radar programs are packet sniffers and thus can only display information thats included in the packets. there is no information on ppl in stealth sent to a client unless that client is inside the stealth bubble.

Well im not Sure they use it ,... But im sure they made RvR on our server less fun .
im sure we dont need it and im sure loosing aint fun. cant help the later.

regards,
Estat

O

old.windforce

if this game turns into another Diablo2 ill be very very sad

had some suspicious things myself. could be bad luck though
or stealthers giving info about enemie movement. i use that kind of info myself a lot. /who odin, send <sneakyperson> any info on enemie movement? reply, yeh 3 mids hmg :D
rahhhh

N

nemesisgm

You still pick up stealthers with Odin's Eye. yes its a packet sniffer, and the info, as it defines the extent of the stealthers bubble. Odin's eye picks up that bubble and identify it and its creator. I know I've had Odin's Eye used against me enough as a stealther on certain US servers, and several times here on prydwen.

Durgi.

T

Teh Krypt

What uter bullshit.

Im 100% sure Nolby Pride have not used any radar hack, unless they used it without me being there.

C

Candy lollipop

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
What uter bullshit.

Im 100% sure Nolby Pride have not used any radar hack, unless they used it without me being there.

Maybe not, but I'm sure some of them has two accounts, one with a buffbot which they use on their home server Excaliber-Midgard.

And so they make a new character on their "buffbot-account" in for example Albion-Prydwen just to do /who emain-odin-hadrians etc so now and then..

love,
Candy

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by *-Candy-*

Maybe not, but I'm sure some of them has two accounts, one with a buffbot which they use on their home server Excaliber-Midgard.

And so they make a new character on their "buffbot-account" in for example Albion-Prydwen just to do /who emain-odin-hadrians etc so now and then..

love,
Candy

No need, we have #daoc.prydwen on irc.

<Krypt runs off laughing>

C

Candy lollipop

Originally posted by Teh Krypt

No need, we have #daoc.prydwen on irc.

<Krypt runs off laughing>

You know thats not the same Krypt.

O

old.ivan

Well, like they say .. innocent untill proved otherwise. So i wont specualte on the subject but rather say that mythic should more heavily reinforce their banning policy. And yes i do know that talking about this on BW wont even make em blink once...
Frustrating yes, Illegal definitely.... Supplied with evidence ? ...:puke:

PS: lets go and blame NP for everything negative theres in DaoC why dont we, maybe they will bugger off to a German Server ? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom