Radar User.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taco48

Fledgling Freddie
its sad to say that i now have un-denyable proof that one of the White Rose members is using Radar.

I have tested this 7 times now, and with the same outcome i have been left with no choice but to send my information to GOA.

First a little bit of history.

3 weeks ago now i had access to a friends Scout, infil and minstrel chars and i thought id do a little RvR, he was away and said i could run about a bit so i did, now the first 2 times this happened i was willing to pass it by as a co-incidence, but after the third time i became very suspicious, so i decided to get hold of this Radar program to test somethings out... now before you go off on one, i dont and have never used this radar thingie before..and certainly wont again, heh not like i can really solo with a cabalist anyway!!

This first two times i was thwacked by this person he was in an all WR Group, which is why i found it hard to believe, first time was at Snowcrabs in Upp with my scout, which fair enough a lot of people hunt lowbies there as i was so i passed that one by, even tho he led his WHOLE group straight at me where i was hiding, strange, but i let it go nonetheless..
2nd time was with my scout again in DF hiding after Midgard had taken DF back, i was hidden nicely amongst the Quasits in the room on the end, id even popped True Sight to make sure i was alone, and i was, as soon as i moved and dropped stealth while hiding on the left wall amongst the Nec's low and behold his group about turns amd comes right at me, even tho he'd already passed me without a glance, and from where i was hiding he COULD NOT have seen me if hed crawled past me on his hands and knees, the angle between the line of sight was far to tight to even see me, id only just caught them going past he was moving so quick.. this time i was suspicious, i knew that Radar didnt see stealth, and it was too handy that he suddenly turned about to get me, fair enough a stealther could have reported me, but then why bother? i was a sitting FREE RP house, no hope against a SB.. and if jumped on by a hunter its unlikely i could have gotten to him intime to slam and counter... so i decided to get hold of this Radar programme.. and do a little testing, luckily i used to play mid and i know a few players from the old WR Alliance that i was once part of.. i got hold of his location and decided to test it... (you'll know who you are, thanks for the info matey)

The third time he got me was while i was using Radar, i dont want to go into details about how this program works, but lets just say i can see your movement patterns and i know when you change direction for no reason..
I had stealthed with my infil all the way into Odins, thru the Mg's and just towards Mjollner, think i was at the lake if my memory serves me correctly.. anywho.. there i was stealthed, i knew he was in the general direction.. i could see what i thought was his grp on my scope so to speak, i decided to unstealth and see what happened.. low and behold his grp about turns(not WR grp this time) and comes right for me, now i dont know about you.. but when your driver about turns with no word of warning and does a 360 degree turn to whack a soloer id be a little worried.. i wasnt sure it was him till i checked my Dmg report and there he was registered as hitting me.../sigh i was getting a little pissed off by now, but still i was optimistic that it was a pure fluke..

Times 4,5,6

Again in DF with my infil, and before you ask, he has HIGH stealth, i knew he was in DF thru my source, and he was grping as i was stealthing about the place... 4. in hulks room, no way he could have actually seen me seeing as i was placed very cunningly to hide even when unstealthed, when i sat down and panned out with the camera not even my name was visible i was practically 98% covered IN the wall, i decide to unstealth a nd wait a bit. i admit i was getting bored and wanted some action from maybe a solo SB or something, but low and behold on my Radar comes about 6 or 7 people...they move to the top of the hulk room where u look down, they wait 2-5 secs then proceed down the slope and BOOM right into me without even looking.. im not kidding when i say i nearly choked on my Coca Cola..it was so blatant that surely someone in his grp MUST have thought it a little weird that he went down the slope for no reason round the corner and BOOM hits me before the rest of his grp knew i was there, he was hitting me for like 5-6 secs before the rest of the group spotted me and joined in.... again i must add not a FULL WR group.
(yes i do have video proof of all these accusations if you want to see them you can wait till GOA have looked them over before i post)
5. DF again Similar situation, this time i was in Hib side lurking around the Tempter room, stealthed and then unstealthed... Mids Took DF..yey i thought booted up my radar..waited a while for this one i must admit...took him 25 mins to get to me, not sure if his grp were prolly saying..why go Hib side..lets pwn some albies first more likely... but they got to me, i watched him bypass ALL the usual places to look to come right at me where i was unstealthed again...i had to laugh i admit...i likened it to a train on rails the way he rounded the corner to thwack me...where normal grps would actually have to turn and look to find me..even then if they didnt look hard enuff you could miss me.... by this time i was beyond doubt about what was going on and i posted a Rightnow complaint about this user and gave all my information, i gave them MY account details not my friends as i didnt want to get him into trouble for using a banned programme, i admitted that id used it to catch this person out and would gladly take a lengthy ban if they thought it was deserved, i gave so much information, screenshots, Avi's there can be NO Doubt that a White Rose Member is cheating, it just saddens me that it even happens in the first place, i dont bring down the whole guild, just this person, its only right that you know that next time you meet a WR guild Grp it could be him, before you ask why i didnt contact the GM, i didnt want to, cos most likely he would have confronted him and he would have stopped using it, i wanted to give GOA the time to catch him red handed like i have, still i have not named names nor will i until i post my videos and im sure that hes been banned, and i will know if he gets banned... until then i ask that you dont blame the WHOLE guild but only one individual who is so obviousloy obsessed with RP's that he lost sight of why so many of us have played this game for 2 years...FUN.
it really saddens me that anyone could be that lame to use a program like this just to get a few xtra RP's by getting the jump on people... :( still i hope that GOA do the right thing and punish him, as for me? well i may get a ban, and to be honest i dont care if i do...ill get my account back one way or another...who am i you may ask? well to be honest im not going to say because i still have a lot of friends in WR and the other guilds in the Alliance i was part of...i just hope they understand why i did what i did.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
They must have handed out radar programs with the alarm clocks in Mid this christmas .. omg get a life .. why cheat in a game .. it defeats the purpose !

Dole

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, I was stealthing omw from AMG to MMG... FG White Rose passed me, I unstealthed and saw them turning.. Ok, maybe they heard something about enemies at MMG or something, but as soon as I restealthed they went back towards AMG... :touch:

Name and shame imo :puke:

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
These things happen, but when it comes to a habit it gets suspicious.

Hope GOA does something. :touch:

Chojin

Fledgling Freddie
its a shame that people cheats to get rp, they deserve to be banned IMO

hope u name him if he gets banned, cos if he is guilty he deserves to be ashamed in public :puke:

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
rather see you flaming XX mid than flaming whole WR.. its a big guild and not that fubar to have a title saying: WR Radar User.. midht look like whole WR use it.

Ickleevul

Fledgling Freddie
report them to goa for suspected use of radar, and add your name as well.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
rather see you flaming XX mid than flaming whole WR.. its a big guild and not that fubar to have a title saying: WR Radar User.. midht look like whole WR use it.

If people want to flame due to a post title then let the twats do so, but the people actually reading the post will know that it is not meant to be towards the whole guild just this one guy :)

Anyway, IF h uses radar then i hope he's banned and even tho it's the only way to catch him i think you should get a tiny little slap on the wrist :touch: :p

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah WR is a big guild so ofc someone is using radar, I think most of the guilds on exc got one or more members that using radar, just check their website and see how many that downloaded it for daoc...

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
lol as much as i believe you, resorting to radar yourself to proove that someone else is using it kind of defeats the point in the first place!

/shrug

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Pitspawn said:
lol as much as i believe you, resorting to radar yourself to proove that someone else is using it kind of defeats the point in the first place!

/shrug
And your idea to handle the matter was?

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Pitspawn said:

/shrug

Now he already says that he should prolly be banned but do tell us how you would prove the use of Radar, not talking about random namecalling but actually proveing that this char has some form of knowledge on where none stealthers are.....

Filip

Fledgling Freddie

correct ... we sadly had 1 incident in HB as well .... we are all happy that he is banned .... (forever i think, at least he is in HB)

and about confronting the GM .... well some1 told us before he got banned that he was doing dodgy stuff.. but so was every1 saying about alpha in old days so hard to know a whine from a true complaint...and when confrontet he ofcasue denied everything...

luckly some mid reportet him to kemor and kemor caugth him red handed ...and he lost his account..

hopefully this radar user will get banned as well....

Now he already says that he should prolly be banned but do tell us how you would prove the use of Radar, not talking about random namecalling but actually proveing that this char has some form of knowledge on where none stealthers are.....

sad but true...

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday i was soloing with my sorc, and i heard 1 fg mids inc to amg from dcx, only a few albs at amg, so i ran aand hide in one of xmas looking trees. Its pretty hard to spot small incconnu model in these trees, but they managed to run straight at that tree which was out of sight from amg, stop at that spot and hit me. If they had ran past the tree and maybe last in group was using behind view i would think ok, but they stopped at the exact spot altho no visual.

Mehuge, Reality, Vepo and Arwinda was in that group along with some healers who did not hit me, so cant name them.

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
And your idea to handle the matter was?

I know radar is a problem, its spoiling the game and mythic already know its a problem.

Correct me about this rumour if im wrong but I heard that some patch like 1.67(x) does an active process scan before the game launches. There was a massive privacy intrusion discussion that occured on VN boards, but it was found that mythic were doing nothing wrong. From what ive heard, radar programs need to launch daoc themselves somehow and the future patch makes it impossible to do so?

Regardless, I think we all know mythic are working on a fix.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Pitspawn said:
Regardless, I think we all know mythic are working on a fix.
Hope they will fix it, but cheaters always find a way unfortunately. :mad:

P.S. Your bolts hurt like hell. :)

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
About the guild... maybe most of them or 90% of them dont know that the guy is using radar; but we are not talking about a soloer, we are talking about a driver....

1.The driver turns and goes straight for stealthed enemy.... lol
2.The driver does the same ..... ummmm
3.Again.... you should be blind or stupid if your driver is taking profit of radar and you dont notice it after some time.

Just my opinion.

Btw don´t think is necesary to use the radar to report goa about a radar user, just report him and Goa will sort it... also you used the radar in a "friend" account wich sux more cause your friend can get a ban now Sherlock.....

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Sabu said:
About the guild... maybe most of them or 90% of them dont know that the guy is using radar; but we are not talking about a soloer, we are talking about a driver....

1.The driver turns and goes straight for stealthed enemy.... lol
2.The driver does the same ..... ummmm
3.Again.... you should be blind or stupid if your driver is taking profit of radar and you dont notice it after some time.

Just my opinion.

Btw don´t think is necesary to use the radar to report goa about a radar user, just report him and Goa will sort it... also you used the radar in a "friend" account wich sux more cause your friend can get a ban now Sherlock.....

Please do re-read the whole post again :)

First of all it does not detect stealthed players but as he said in his post the driver changed his general direction with 180* to catch him and ran throw aggresive mobs and a somehow straight line (easiest path to target) to kill and be first to hit......

And he did say that in his mail to Rightnow that he used his friends acc and therefor gave his own acc details if he were to be banned for his actions...

Mimen

Fledgling Freddie
bah

Well lets hope u "remember" to post where the avis are posted after goa has looked at them. Hey why not post them now?. Until i see HARD PROOF , this is nothing but another "OMG I GOT PWNED XX PERSON IS HAXXOR" post.

the proof please and i will believe, not before.

/salut...

Ps i would refuse to post ANYTHING on ANYONE about radar usage, the reason being, there is so many things that can happen thanks to lag, bugs and wierd shit, that could make lots of things happen. Its so easy to make a post saying somebody uses radar, u have to be SOOOOO sure, and using radar to prove your point just brings u down to their level ( imo ).

Sick of getting wtfpwned? play minesweeper then. Dont drop yourself down to a cheaters lvl to prove other ppl cheat. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE cheaters, live with it, most ppl dont cheat, some are rp horny and cannot live without it.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Had a similar incident today near Bolg-Crim area, with a small group of Hibs lead by a pretty well know Bard all of the sudden running in my dir despite the trees between us. Got lucky and managed to stealth before he could press amnesia or instant mezz or DD, but found it very dodgy.
But not going to risk my account just to proof someone is cheating (using a radar prog myself would do that).
Instead I took a screen of the loc and the time, and will report him to GoA tommorow.
Playing cop yourself will only get you into trouble I'm afraid.
But I'm also scared there are quite a lot of well known players out there abusing radar progs. Good to know Kemor is doing his stuff.
Regards, Glottis

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Aybabtu said:
Please do re-read the whole post again :)

First of all it does not detect stealthed players but as he said in his post the driver changed his general direction with 180* to catch him and ran throw aggresive mobs and a somehow straight line (easiest path to target) to kill and be first to hit......

Well you are right, radar doesnt detect stealth players but anyway if your driver use radar and you are not new in game you should notice it after a while.

Aybabtu said:
And he did say that in his mail to Rightnow that he used his friends acc and therefor gave his own acc details if he were to be banned for his actions...

Ummm prolly his friend will get the ban cause that was the account using a cheat.

Ladonna

Fledgling Freddie
Right well thank you for posting this on a public fourm without giving proof whatsoever without coming to me and giving me a name before hand.

I lead when i am in RvR and i can assure you that i don't cheat and my proof is that i will still be here next week.

Ladonna

Ladonna

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Yesterday i was soloing with my sorc, and i heard 1 fg mids inc to amg from dcx, only a few albs at amg, so i ran aand hide in one of xmas looking trees. Its pretty hard to spot small incconnu model in these trees, but they managed to run straight at that tree which was out of sight from amg, stop at that spot and hit me. If they had ran past the tree and maybe last in group was using behind view i would think ok, but they stopped at the exact spot altho no visual.

Mehuge, Reality, Vepo and Arwinda was in that group along with some healers who did not hit me, so cant name them.

Yes i was in that group leading it and i recall excatly what you are saying but from my point of view we ran to AMG and you ran away towards ATK i clicked on your name and used face to find you.

I know it's hard to beleive but when you dont keep running then face will find you.

Ladonna

Exioce

Part of the furniture
someone hurry up and make a radar video, showing overhead emain and all the groups running about in it, would be uber fun to watch :D

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
imo if you name the guild you have to name the player also....

at least then his/her guildmates can keep an eye on them to make sure he aint . and if he knows he being watched he WONT use it :)

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
old.Osy said:
Taco48 is an idiot.

your the idiot if u think he was wrong to report (going by his post) a radar cheat .

if what he typed (if u even bothered to read it) was true and happened as he said . then theres no doubt in my mind the guy he speaks of is a radar cheat. and as he says he has Screenshot AND Avi evidence :) so how you can call him a idiot is beyond me . ok so he may of been a fool to use radar himself to catch him. but Goa dont seem to do fuck all to catch these assholes whome cheat . so i say good on taco for risking his acc in hope of getting the cheating fucker banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom