R.i.p

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
It is a shame he's passed on. Regardless of what he might have done to himself he was still a decent human being.

As for "prioritising" people for operations well that's disgusting...

Firstly smokers pay £3 tax per packet on ciggies and they'd pay 50p more per packet per day quite happily so why not raise the price 50p and give the money to BUPA and take the strain of the NHS by having all us smokers go private? Just a random thought....

Secondly, making obese people wait for operations is frankly disgraceful. My missus is a size 18 and because she's already got dodgy knees and a bad hip from being run over last year and she obviously finds it hard to suitable excercise routines she can safely perform without hurting herself. The last thing she's ever going to need is to be told she's got to wait for operation because she's seen as being too overweight already...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bubble said:
Feel free too.

Just respect others oppinion too

why not respect my oppinion then? instead of telling me i know nothing of him. i know as much as you. just because your oppinion is nice and happy and has fairies flying around it, people wont say a bad thing against it.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
why not respect my oppinion then? instead of telling me i know nothing of him. i know as much as you. just because your oppinion is nice and happy and has fairies flying around it, people wont say a bad thing against it.

they why not make another thread with your oppinions instead of posting them in this thread.

tris-

see, because my oppinion isnt coverd in golden sparkles it should be cast aside. why dont you make another thread? because you dont need to, neither do i.
you decided not to reply to a single question i posed anyway, shit happens eh.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Do you know what R.I.P means?
I cba to agrue about this with you, if you wanna continue this, PM me.

Edit- reply to your edit-
See above, i didn't see the title of this thread as, Disussion of Bests Life, how he could have been the best in the world and threw it away due to drugs and drink. I would answer your questions but this isn't the right place imho.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
R.I.P

As much as i ain't a fan of his disgraceful use of a liver etc. he was an extremely good footballer and as like any death, i bid him farewell and to have a happy afterlife.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
FUCK GEORGE BEST! who knew that mr miagi died? eh? eh? twice the legend bestie ever could be, wax on, wax off, R.I.P man with many bonzai trees :(

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
why must u feel sorry for them? i would love someone to explain to me why i should feel sorry for the family of a man who purposley put them through shit.

yes it was on purpose. no matter how you look at it, he wanted to carry on being an alcoholic. he wanted to put him self to the point where he took vital organs that the public needed.

why the fucking hell does he get special priorities for being rich? not rich anymore, are you pal?

Because it wasn't their fault(the family), they had to see their loved one put themselves through hell.

I totally agree, I hate all this media of how he was a great man etc. Yes he was a good footballer. But in no way should be a role model due to his terrible life style and habits.

Brought it on himself tbh. But I do feel sorry for what his family has been put through. It must be terrible to see a loved one doing this to themself through a habit/addiction.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
fuck george best imo, he got a 2nd chance with the liver donor and screwed that up.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
regardless of his off field habits, we inspired a generation too play football and this is how i will choose to remember him, being one of those people..

http://www.oldtrafford.dk/best.wmv

doing what he did best :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Aile said:
regardless of his off field habits, we inspired a generation too play football and this is how i will choose to remember him, being one of those people..

http://www.oldtrafford.dk/best.wmv

doing what he did best :p

Getting pissed and getting a free liver, only to fuck it up so noone else can have it?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
This thread is very sad :(
If a family member of yours dies due to drugs/drink/smoke i hope you remember the crual things you posted about someone you didn't know in this thread.
RIP George Best, may you be remembered as one of the best footballers that ever lived.

Aye my dad is an alcholic and I hate him because he cant give it up

Tried helping him, wont listen so bollocks to him

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Deepfat said:
Firstly smokers pay £3 tax per packet on ciggies and they'd pay 50p more per packet per day quite happily so why not raise the price 50p and give the money to BUPA and take the strain of the NHS by having all us smokers go private? Just a random thought....

Hmm ban smoking eh?

Where will the money come from then? Government gets a lot of money from tax on ciggies. wonder where that will come from if they ban smoking? The Prime Minsters wages? No, it will come out of the ordinary workers pay packet

Imo if you want to smoke, smoke :>

septic

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Hmm ban smoking eh?

Where will the money come from then? Government gets a lot of money from tax on ciggies. wonder where that will come from if they ban smoking? The Prime Minsters wages? No, it will come out of the ordinary workers pay packet

Imo if you want to smoke, smoke :>

The government actually spends more on its "stop smoking campaigns" than it receives on tax from cigarettes, believe it or not :eek7:

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Some readers of FH make me sick...

The irony of the thing is George best had been off the drink for quite a while before he died. The drugs commonly used in transplant cases to supress the immune system of the recipient to prevent rejection meant his system couldn't handle a common illness.

But some of the good readers of FH don't give a flying f*** about that... Nooo, they'd much rather disparage someone who brought a hell of a lot of happiness to a lot of people. They'd much rather disrespect the memory of the dead...

I was brought up to have a little respect for the people around me, to not speak ill of the dead even if I didn't agree with everything they stood for or did in life. I guess that just doesn't happen anymore.

So there are people here who truely believe that people with self inflicted injuries or illnesses don't deserve help? Someone please explain to me which of the following cases are worthy of care and attention, and which deserve to rot in a gutter like a something you shake off teh bottom of your shoe...

Dog owners who get attacked by their animals don't deserve medical care because it's their own bloody fault for owning a dog?

Car drivers don't deserve medical care if they have an accident beause it's their own damn fault for having a car?

Depressed people who attempt to commit suicide with pills then change their mind should be allowed to die when they could be saved with a simple stomach pump?

Volunteers who willingly joined the armed forces to fight for and defend their country from those who wish it harm deserve to die slow, painful deaths on the field of combat? After all no-one forced volunteers them to sign up (although we can treat injured conscripts as they were forced into duty?)

Smokers, overweight people, people who suffer sporting injuries, soo many things can be considered self inflicted so how about we say bollocks to the world and treat nobody? Would that make some of you happier?

You could have shown a little class and said something like 'I don't agree with the way he lived his life but RIP' - Bugz's post was a perfect example of how do that.

You could even have said nothing at all but lets face it, for some of you it's much more fun to 'piss on a dead man's grave' so to speak...

tris-

what the hell is that last post all about.

you think i find it fun and i get all giddy about giving an oppinion? no, i dont.

if i HAVE to respect your oppinion then why dont you have to respect mine?

i think you have gone off the rails and over the bridge with what you typed there.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Try in a little better context now...

Dog owners who get attacked by their animals don't deserve medical care because it's their own bloody fault for owning a dog?
If the person has initiated action purposling knowing there are likely to be consequences ie; Kicking or attacking the dog. Then yes, the bastard can rot in hell.

Car drivers don't deserve medical care if they have an accident beause it's their own damn fault for having a car?
If the car owner initiated the action by drinking and driving or by driving dangerously. Again this person can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.

Depressed people who attempt to commit suicide with pills then change their mind should be allowed to die when they could be saved with a simple stomach pump?
This is someone who is mentally disturbed and obviously hasn't been thinking straight, of course this person should be given the help needed. Then they should seek mental help as soon as possible, to prevent this sort of thing happening again. By the sounds of it, this person has been given the scare of their life and I doubt they will do this again in a hurry.

Volunteers who willingly joined the armed forces to fight for and defend their country from those who wish it harm deserve to die slow, painful deaths on the field of combat? After all no-one forced volunteers them to sign up (although we can treat injured conscripts as they were forced into duty?)
What? You don't treat the enemy when it's mate that is still very alive trying to get a good shot at you with his rifle!? I don't understand you at all on this one.

Smokers, overweight people, people who suffer sporting injuries, soo many things can be considered self inflicted so how about we say bollocks to the world and treat nobody? Would that make some of you happier?
Smokers, yes, there is plenty of media and information letting people know what the effects of smoking are to you. I wouldn't waste the money on them. Overweight, this is a grey area as this is not always self inflicted as there are plenty of medical conditions that create obessety(sp). Sports injuries aren't purposely self inflicted. It's not know that 70% of all hurdlers suffer from ankle cancer, or that the majority that practice excessive polejumping develop blood clots in their shoulders.

I think my main point here is that Best knew he was drinking too much the first time. There are alot of tv, poster, radio campaigns and such to let people know of the dangers of heavy drinking.

There is drinking, then there is drinking stupidly excessively. This I personally can let fly. This is the point you help the person, they seek help and work towards getting better, be it mental therapy, or alcohol clinics.

Now when someone who has been in the above position, had their family worried as hell and been given a second chance at a normal life(or as close to it as possible), goes out and carries on as before and screws up a second time. Then sod 'em.

That is a second chance that could just of equally been given to another person that needed a liver at the time and may of made proper use of it.

I don't think people should come straight out saying Best should deserved it and so on. I'm not that disrespectful. But I can understand why some people would have these ideas.

Can tell you one thing... I didn't give a minutes silence.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i smoke, drink lots and have taken a hell of a lot of drugs in my past. i dont give a toss if it turns out that im a genius at something or other, if my lifestyle kills me coz of how i been living, i should not get any help to continue along that path. i know what im doing.. bad as it is, but it summit to do. brought it upon myself, dont care.

but if i woke up one day and found i had a new liver or so coz of my lifestyle, then continued to do same thing.. nah.. dont think i could knowig some1 else coulda got chance to life.. would rather refuse it and give chance for a life to someone who needs coz of a non self inflicted illness.

liked the way bbc covered george best's funeral all fucking morning today, not. talk about a total misjudgement. yeah good footballer.. worth a mornings tv? NOPE!!

shoulda cremated him and used the alchohol induced heat to power the country for 5 years. sod nuclear power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom