R.i.p

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I just hope in the years to come he will be remembered for his sublime footballing talent rather than his turbulent life off the playing field...

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Dakkath said:
I just hope in the years to come he will be remembered for his sublime footballing talent rather than his turbulent life off the playing field...

100% agree

RIP George Best :worthy:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i dont like 'celebs' at the best of times, but this one took the piss.

good bye, at least you wont be taking organs that people really need anymore.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
have to agree with tris there, but i am sad for the people who loved him heard a quote on tv today one of his friends said "he commited suicide over 20 years" and you really do have to feel sorry for his loved ones what they went through must have been hell.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
R.I.P

I'll save the comments for how it was kinda his own fault for rl discussions.

It's sad though, regardless of that.

Agree with what Ezteq said aswell, must have been hell for his family.

tris-

why must u feel sorry for them? i would love someone to explain to me why i should feel sorry for the family of a man who purposley put them through shit.

yes it was on purpose. no matter how you look at it, he wanted to carry on being an alcoholic. he wanted to put him self to the point where he took vital organs that the public needed.

why the fucking hell does he get special priorities for being rich? not rich anymore, are you pal?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
tris- said:
why must u feel sorry for them? i would love someone to explain to me why i should feel sorry for the family of a man who purposley put them through shit.

yes it was on purpose. no matter how you look at it, he wanted to carry on being an alcoholic. he wanted to put him self to the point where he took vital organs that the public needed.

why the fucking hell does he get special priorities for being rich? not rich anymore, are you pal?

piss off. if u cant show the man respect. go post on the FH general section where the other loosers are bitching about him.
if u cant understand why we like him then it wont metter if we explain it to u coz u still wont get it,

R.I.P George!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
tris- said:

So much hate for someone you never knew and know cock all about! How do you know he got any special treatment for the organ transplant? Don't believe everything you read in the UK Press its about 90% bolx.

Great Footballer and should be remembered for that. He inspired a generation of kids.

septic

Fledgling Freddie
Its very sad...24 hour drinking just came out aswell :(

On a serious note he'll be remembered for his football and not the mistakes he made in life..

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
lots of peeps saying on tv.. oh i hope he'll be remembered for his football etc..

i wont be one of them tbh. he'll always be a pisshead as far as im concerned.

sadder about the death of Pat Morita. (Mr Miyagi off Karate Kid) :(

Marc

FH is my second home
ilaya said:
lots of peeps saying on tv.. oh i hope he'll be remembered for his football etc..

i wont be one of them tbh. he'll always be a pisshead as far as im concerned.

sadder about the death of Pat Morita. (Mr Miyagi off Karate Kid) :(

thats what I thought the thread was about, Mr Miyagi.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
sorry, but he pretty much comitted suicide, he had been told for years to give up the drink, he even had a second chance with the transplant. he knew what would happen and he blew it, yeah once he was a good footballer, later a waste of space...

Marc

FH is my second home
im with tris and raven on this. What a waste of an organ.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:

Well I went into the butcher's today and they were selling Best Liver. So it's not all gone to waste. :D

Whatever peeps think of this lifestyle, he was a wonderful footballer (and apparently a lovely bloke when he wasn't pissed) - wish I'd had the chance to see him play, especially in a Villa shirt :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Marc said:

Likewise. Someone could've made very good use of this, he just ran it into the ground, as well as being bumped up the transplant list because of his celerbrity status. No sympathy for him at all, though for his family is a different matter.

tris-

Hawkwind said:
So much hate for someone you never knew and know cock all about!

so you know the same amount as me, how can you have so much respect and like him so much?

cthuchik - when did i say i dont understand why you like him?
i can just as easily say this -

you dont understand why i dislike him so there is no point explaining it coz you still wont get it. go post on the george best fan club forums with all the other losers who love him so much.

i know i wont get a sensible reply to anything i typed here, shit happens. like it did to dear old george.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i despised the man for years.
it's a shame they wasted a liver on him.
i do feel sorry for his family, though, they didn't deserve what he put them through.
i hope he is remembered as a bad example of 'how to use liver #2'.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
George was a great guy, talented, funny, intelligent, people close to him said he was a lovely man, but he was an alcoholic, probably partly brought on by him losing his way with the fame, too intelligent to just let it happen, he turned to drink to blot out the questions.

He should never have got that liver,the rules are strict and were bent for his celebrity, but that's as much our problem as his.

It must be hard to be so talented, good looking and popular and to watch time fade it all away, drank himself to death, though what killed him was the immune supression drugs, let's face facts here MOST liver transplants are for alchoholics.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
As mentioned in my above post about my lack of sympathy for George himself, what're other people's views on the thought that Alcoholism is a disease, just the same as Cancer and so on?.

Just out of interest, don't texas bbq style-flame me :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Job said:
It must be hard to be so talented, good looking and popular .

pfft i cope.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent here so scroll down if you like i wont be offended

==========================================================
i can quite easily feel sorry for his family and people who loved him as having an alcoholic in your family is hell, loving someone who causes so much hurt and watching them destroy themselves and the family is devistating and the thing is there is nothing anyone can do about it except the addict, and sadly some people are either too weak to fight it or too selfish.

It is an illness (and a very serious one too) but it is self inflicted (lets face it no one is ever pinned down and forced alcohol) and you can get over it if your strong enough, if you love yourself and your family enough you can do it, but none of the addicts i've known were.

reciently we've seen on the news about hospitals refusing treatment to obese people (which in some cases i agree with as being vastly over weight is dangerous when under anestetic your heart is under enormous strain) smokers too are penalised and refused treatment because they smoke and are seen to have brought it on themselves (smoking, and eating in some cases are highly addictive so could be seen to rank the same as alcoholism/drug abuse). So i was personally quite miffed when they said that George Best (or any alcoholic with as many failed attempts at staying on the wagon as him) was getting a liver transplant, especially when you see/hear about all the people with genetic illnesses that desperately need transplants and are stuck on a waiting list for years of suffering when they've done absoloutely nothing to bring the situation upon themselves tbh it tends to leave me feeling quite sick, and i really can't help wondering would he have got that transplant so quickly (or even at all) if he wasnt famous?

any hoo that said i appreciate he was a source of inspiration and was well loved by many, i just hope those influenced by him will also learn by his mistakes aswell as his success.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The very obvious problem with excluding people from treatment 'because they brought it upon themselves' is that it is a very slippery slope.

Where exactly do you draw the line?
Runners barred from treatment on their legs in old age?
Practically every activity we do we have some effect on our health eventually in old age.
You might say well we can be reasonable, but that's the problem 'reasonable' is a concept based on current opinions, it just moves along with the times, reasonable today is totally unreasonable in 20yrs.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i think pretty much everything can be said to be self inflicted if you get right down to it (get hit by a meteor, your own fault for leaving the house), and yep deciding who to treat and who not to treat is very dangerous ground and its not something i'd ever like to get lumbered with.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I don't think that the problem people have with this is that they helped someone who brought it upon himself. If I am not mistaken people are annoyed with the fact that he got an organ transplant rather than the people who needed it as well and did not bring it upon themselves.

This does not mean that people who brought it upon theselves shouldn't be helped, it just means that people who didn't should get priority. This seems a reasonable request to me.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
A great football player, yes.

A stupid person not stopping the drinking after given a transplant, no doubt.

Anyway, rest in peace George Best.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Care?

George Best was a pathetic alcholic and a waste of a liver

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
This thread is very sad :(
If a family member of yours dies due to drugs/drink/smoke i hope you remember the crual things you posted about someone you didn't know in this thread.
RIP George Best, may you be remembered as one of the best footballers that ever lived.

tris-

i dont understand this, we know equally as much as you.

yet you go around saying he is great and the best and you love him.

well if we know the same as you then why cant we have an opposite oppinion?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
how about the families of people who have died waiting for a transplat watching him swagger from pub to pub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom