Quick Question: Spiritmaster vs Sorc

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Wont nuke faster, but will still win aye. (if you take into consideration both going for red DQ debuff)

higher lifetap damage, more lifetap return, and proccing/stunning pet.

every sm has red dq debuff, 0.5% of sorcs have above yellow one

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
every sm has red dq debuff, 0.5% of sorcs have above yellow one

Only if you go dark spec. Yes I know that a very high percentage of rvr specced sms are dark and if you spec dark you will get the red dq debuff because you get that before the last lt.

Its a silly thing to compare anyway.

illu

Part of the furniture
Thanks a lot for the info.

I don't really know much about Sorcs, so that was why I asked my theorhetical question. I was thinking ahead to the next time that I respec my Summ SM to play him in RvR, and that situation popped in my head and I thought it would be interesting to see people's pov's :)

Cheers

Oli - Illu

pergamon

Fledgling Freddie
bahh well there ya go dumb ass sorc missed target and life tapped the pet pet 1st and won by accident :)

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Sorc would win no matter what :)
both moc aaaaaah shit mezzed for 40 sec :p moc down on sm just kill him :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Other thing is one or both players can LT each others pets, prolly hit for cap and get more back. Won't do any dps meanwhile, but get the other pet out the equation and get much more back from LT hitting for cap. Can get PvE type 100% crits on pets too? Can heal for silly amounts then.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Other thing is one or both players can LT each others pets, prolly hit for cap and get more back. Won't do any dps meanwhile, but get the other pet out the equation and get much more back from LT hitting for cap. Can get PvE type 100% crits on pets too? Can heal for silly amounts then.

Why on earth would anyone wanna do that midfight?

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie

I did so a few times when I ran solo into smallgroups. I would just get a mezz off, ML9 templar and send it off to them and lifetap their pets and the pve mobs around me as you survive longer that way.

Then again, I was RR10 and the smallgroups often RR 2/3 :/

point is though, it works! :p

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
The one with the biggest Epeen would win for sure ^^

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well from sorc PoV you aren't doing any dps to the SM tapping him till pet gets to melee, so might as well at tap his pet - it dies, you win. Anyhow, assuming this scenario of 2 casters just stood at 1.5k or whatever and spamming moc.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
sorc ae mezz. both sm and pet. sends hes pet forward then uses ml9. con debuffs and starts nuking. dead sm before he can start nuking...

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I would have thought it would be the caster who waits to blow MOC3 and simply QC an AOE mezz... Mezz the other caster, let his MOC timer run our and then just sic pet on him and kite. Let him waste his QC on the pet and then use his MOC to nuke him down?

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
I would say neither becuase a FG Hibs would see the fight and steamroll them both:eek2:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
and ten you got the next patch inc to you guys...the one where SM gets to charm yellow con mobs......SM+Templar...it gets funkier.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering who should win in this situation:

Say 1 SM who is RR5+, Dark Specced and has MoC3 comes across a Sorc who is RR5+ and who also has MoC3 and a Pet in tow.

Ok - both are in range of each other (So Sorc's additional range is negated).

They both see each other at the same time.

They both ML9 their pets, send them to each other.

Now I know the SM has a dex and dex/qui debuff - does the Sorc have the same?

They both MoC and LT LT LT LT, and are both specced with the same MoM and WP.

Who wins?

Does it just go down to who has the most mana to keep casting LT?

Say they both have roughly the same Dex too, so they are virtually casting at the same speed (except the Sorc may be Dex and Dex/Qui debuffed)

Just curious - this is a totally fictional battle.

Oli - Illu

sm has dex/qui and dex debuff aswell

i´d say luck on crits will be the deciding factor

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Didnt you used to have moc3 combined with s.o.i before they fixed it?

Wouldnt that make you an idiot too?

You mean nerfed, as SoI is worth shit now because the magic components of melee hits go through it.

I used MoC2 and SoI pre nerf once on a NS, it was so patheticly overpowered I never used it again and stayed MoC1 most of my career.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
In the theoretical battle the SM would win, but ive had this happen on classic server to me and it went past moc timers and QC interupts.

i lost eventually because my pet had been caught in the aoe mezz at start of battle.

My main problem was the increased range on their mezz trying to get the pet past that when you see each other and start reacting.

However since the pet range has been changed to 2k units (on US servers at least) it makes it easier to seperate the pet and get it on your target.

swings and roundabouts anyway, get high ground as SM and then its down to crits.

At close range (once you have been charged down or whatever the SM is far far superior from my experience)

Maoix rr5.x SM glast (retired)
Maoixz rr3.5 Sorc alb gareth

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
You mean nerfed, as SoI is worth shit now because the magic components of melee hits go through it.

I used MoC2 and SoI pre nerf once on a NS, it was so patheticly overpowered I never used it again and stayed MoC1 most of my career.

lol I'm sure 90% of the ppl would trade their rr5 for sorc rr5 any day it even works on bolts tho it clearly states that it is absorb not AF.

Now rm rr5 is fixed (only took em like 1½ year) so it's allmost as good.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I would say neither becuase a FG Hibs would see the fight and steamroll them both:eek2:

lies !!!

the chance for 20 solo albs to show up (of which at least 5 will add) is bigger than the chance that 1 fg (non ex albs) hibs shows up.

;)... or is it :(

Septina

Part of the furniture

lol.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom