Quick laptop graphics question.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it possible to get a laptop with either an x1600 or a Go 7600 for less than £800?

I found http://www.rjtech.com/s96j.htm and it's annoying that you can build a laptop for $1350ish that's so very much better than anything I can find available in the UK.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, but the trouble is that the x1400 performs significantly worse than the x1600 (and apparently actually falls somewhere between the x600 and x700, shader 3 support aside).

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I think I've given up and am going for a cheaper Asus. It sounds like the X700 is adequate for a lot of games, just with lower settings for the more graphically demanding or whatever - and will be totally fine for WoW, heh. Cheers for the links folks.

Reason I'm not going to spend a couple hundred more to try and get a better graphics card is that I'm somewhat planning on eventually investing in a shuttle, which will kind of be a shitton better than any laptop I can afford.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I have a shuttle at the mo ( several years old now ) but its lasted and I've chucked a newer graphics card in but it runs wow/quake4/ et al at a good res still.

Yonis is nice but only a 128mb card, you really need 256.

Besides company laptop, I'm not paying for it! /huzzah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom