QUI + Damage

Bellerophon

Fledgling Freddie
Well, with the release of TOA, my next project will be a Half-Ogre pole armsman. Now, whipping up an sc template for a guildie got me started on the effect of quickness on damage per hit - what's the ratio?

Does the ratio balance out, i.e. does more quickness simply mean the exact same amount of damage over time (ignoring the 0 delay on the first swing)?
If anyone has any information on this, or even better a link to some sort of calculator, that would be invaluable.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Bellerophon said:
Does the ratio balance out, i.e. does more quickness simply mean the exact same amount of damage over time (ignoring the 0 delay on the first swing)?
You'll do about 35% more damage over time with 208 vs 40 qui while styling, and about 50% more while unstyled.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried both capped quickness and 0 item quickness templates and I much prefer having as little quickness as possible. Not everyones cup of tea but my damage per hit dropped way to much for my liking and most fights do not last long enough to notice any benefit over the length of time you'd need to see the extra hits land.

But thats just my personal preferance, im not interested in argueing about it before anyone starts :flame:

Its a shame stupid sidi armour parts have forced me to add a bit more quick :mad:

Bellerophon

Fledgling Freddie
Helpful stuff, I'm unsure off the top of my head whether pole has any reactionaries to make it worth adding quickness... but it's certainly going to be my last priority while levelling so I'll see how it pans out during that time.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The Defenders Rage/Revenge chain is reactionary, coming of the enemy styling you. This is nerfed to being Defenders Rage/Poleaxe chain after tomorrow, so not really important anymore. Your only other reactionary is Executionar from parrying but this is not really that useful either.

We're pretty screwed for anytime/reactionary style chains now, if you cannot get behind the enemy do not expect to anything amazing.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
The Defenders Rage/Revenge chain is reactionary, coming of the enemy styling you. This is nerfed to being Defenders Rage/Poleaxe chain after tomorrow, so not really important anymore. Your only other reactionary is Executionar from parrying but this is not really that useful either.

We're pretty screwed for anytime/reactionary style chains now, if you cannot get behind the enemy do not expect to anything amazing.
its not that hard to get behind styles in duels tbh.

Bellerophon

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
its not that hard to get behind styles in duels tbh.

:eek7:

Er.... surely it is, for a pure polearmer whose only stun is the second in a rear chain?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Bellerophon said:
:eek7:

Er.... surely it is, for a pure polearmer whose only stun is the second in a rear chain?

nope its not :wub:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Is unless your happy using lame walk-through tricks at least.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Go 2h crush and capped qui like an armsman did in my guild, he's been every spec there is nearly and says he has never hitted so hard.

Check this damage on rr5 or rr6 ns it was:

http://www.hakanhellstrom.com/bilder/lothvsns.jpg

Yes he does hit very hard, he's grouped with me often and he hits about 500s with just an anytime and capped qui :eek6:

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
You do know that hib leather is weak vs crush, right? ... heh

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
You do know that hib leather is weak vs crush, right? ... heh

did u really watch the pic? he gets a "-" on both hits.. doesnt that mean that hib leather is resistant to crush?

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
also think thats hybrid spec aswell, cant remember .. changed him enough times ;p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Ocalinn said:
did u really watch the pic? he gets a "-" on both hits.. doesnt that mean that hib leather is resistant to crush?

No it just means he has at least halfway decent crush resistance.

You wont find + damage in RvR on any level 50 not wearing epic armour still these days.

And for the record they are weak to crush damage.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Well yeah of course i know it's crush weak but the 2h styles most are high damage besides as i said i have grouped with him and he has no problems vs mids too, his damage is insane :eek7: too bad he quit this week though :/

He used a fate's sledge 5.7 spd 2h hammer too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom