Question

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
I play daoc lots and I sometimes like to take part in discussions and arguments on the forums.

Does anyone have any objection if I use this account ([GOA]Erivoss) for that kind of thing, or would you rather I created a new account which has no link to my 'official' position?

Might seem like a silly question but some people may get confused if they see me posting all the time, or deem it 'un-professional'...

What do you think?

Tilda

if I were you i'd sign up for a different account. People will be tempted to take what you say at face value as a "statement" from GOA. It would help to differentiate between the GOA-you and the Gamer-you and could help to prevent sticky situations that could occur. ;)

btw, check your emails :p

Tilda

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I think its fine that you are using that account, no reason to hide who you are, is there? :)

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
I'd say it's perfectly acceptable, not to mention desirable, for a GOA person to get more involved in discussions about the game.

I'm not so sure about getting involved in arguments though :p

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
in a way, i agree with Tilda, but then again, posting with the GOA account may help "prove" that GOA gets involved in the community etc... rather then just showing up when the server goes boom.

Maybe a disclaimer in those posts to say that those views dont reflect goa or something?

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, add a disclaimer to your sig, that way you keep your name and still people should be able to see its not an official statement .... Then you can write official with fat letters if you need to post anything official.

Flesh

Banned
[GOA]Erivoss said:
I play daoc lots and I sometimes like to take part in discussions and arguments on the forums.

Does anyone have any objection if I use this account ([GOA]Erivoss) for that kind of thing, or would you rather I created a new account which has no link to my 'official' position?

Might seem like a silly question but some people may get confused if they see me posting all the time, or deem it 'un-professional'...

What do you think?
I don't see anything wrong with you using that account to partake in arguements about DAoC, as long as flames directed at you in said arguements, aren't used as reasons to ban accounts. :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Id say it should be ok, though it does depend what you post, threads such as 'xxx is a noob' probably wouldnt be very good. You seem like an intelligent chap though, so I cnat really see any problems with it.

Tilda

An after thought, perhaps it would be better to ask your boss what he/she thinks you should do?

Flesh

Banned
Just a thought to consider, maybe it would be an idea if Erivoss was made a mod?
Since he seems to be alot more active on these boards then Zargar/Kemor, and willing to troll the forum. :eek:

Tilda

Flesh said:
Just a thought to consider, maybe it would be an idea if Erivoss was made a mod?
Since he seems to be alot more active on these boards then Zargar/Kemor, and willing to troll the forum. :eek:
Yes I'm working on sorting that :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Make two accounts, and then whenever it is BW closes down and all the... how can i put this delicatly... morons, whiners, twats and gentlemen of questionable character come here and spoil the blissful 'minimal-whine' peace because they are all evil hell spawns of satin and they will take every single word that you say as gospel.

Tilda

Archeon said:
Make two accounts, and then whenever it is BW closes down and all the... how can i put this delicatly... morons, whiners, twats and gentlemen of questionable character come here and spoil the blissful 'minimal-whine' peace because they are all evil hell spawns of satin and they will take every single word that you say as gospel.
I couldn't have put it better myself :)
Nicley put Archeon

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I couldn't have put it better myself :)
Nicley put Archeon

What can i say, i have a gift for diplomacy :D

...and where did that huge cheesy smile (see post icon) go? I loved that and it was stolen away from me :(

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh its nice to see someone from GOA getting involved in the actual community of the game they provide :) But as others have said be careful, no doubt when things go bad, the various morons that populate the world will probably direct all their flames to you

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Oh, well you should know I'm immune to flames. You see, they don't even register in my brain so all I see is a blur on the screen. Seriously, I'm honestly not worried about that, people can be put on /ignore, email addresses can be changed - all no big deal to me.

I think I'll create another account for normal messages, it's safer that way and it protects GOA from anything stupid that I might say...

Erivoss

Loyal Freddie
Think people will understand the difference between that ^ and this?

Dozi

Fledgling Freddie
Erivoss said:

<awaits the day you post with the wrong account ;) >

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Erivoss said:

Good call imo, there's a reason I don't put the fact that I'm an E&E in my signature. Speculation from my side should not be taken as facts..

I'm looking forward to seeing you post, in either form :)

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
You should put "Europe" in your signature instead of "UK" since there are not only people from the UK on the English Servers.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Anything I say has nothing to do with GOA, Wanadoo, France Telecom or Mythic Entertainment. It is pure madness from within my own head.

^^

Good to see a GoA member getting actively involved on the forums, just hope u don't get the crap scared out of u when the BW Flood comes over ;)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Archeon said:
because they are all evil hell spawns of satin and they will take every single word that you say as gospel.
Ah yes, those spawns of 'satin' are down right evil!
Thorarin said:
Good call imo, there's a reason I don't put the fact that I'm an E&E in my signature. Speculation from my side should not be taken as facts..
Everyone knows your E&E :p Plus you've never said a bad thing on these forums anyway, you're like some saint that helps people with stuff, oh and a midgard quest encyclopedia.
Flesh said:
Tilda, I'm impressed!
Actually it was suggested when he registered (by me!) and flim has been working on it since, so tilda is merely 'leeching' the responsibility ;)

Flesh

Banned
FORGED!
Fake thread etc!
Nice PaintShopPro skills mate!!!11!eleven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom