Question

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I really not looking forward to BW closing, these Freddyshouse forums are pretty constructive and people can disagree without having one word useless posts all over the place (e.g. BW rvr forums).

Look forward to reading your posts Eviross, think of this as your honeymoon period because once the BW crowd flood over here things might change a lot :(

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

Carful, i think he has rabies :p

...god damn it, this tounge sticky out smily as well? ITS HORRIBLE, REMOVE IT! BURN IT!!!! KILLLLL ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!

I do like the cow though for what its worth, no idea what i'd use it for though except maybe to have a little feild and maybe roleplay being a farmer...

:m00: :m00:

...execept i can only seem to put two in without going over my 'Smiley limit' why do people insist on trying to restrict the ammount of joy i spread to the world? WHYYYYY!!!!! :eek:

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Kami said:
I really not looking forward to BW closing, these Freddyshouse forums are pretty constructive and people can disagree without having one word useless posts all over the place (e.g. BW rvr forums).

That part is quite true but as the days have got longer and the game older the more interesting threads have been done/covered/old news etc, seems all there is nowdays is flames & whines. Also have been tracking the content posted on this forum for a while now and its looking rather thin. But then so is BW's. Got the most interesting debates and discusion about patchs and game changes, but then those are so infrequent were getting left behind by the US.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Erivoss said:
Think people will understand the difference between that ^ and this?

would hope so ;) and if not we can do bad things to their posts.....

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
So Erivoss, are we allowed to ask you questions about GOA now? :D Are there many people there who play DAoC on regular servers? Also I'd be interested to know who you played in beta if you can tell us?

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Hi,

Yes you can ask questions, I'll usually pass them on to the relevant people and await their reply. There are obviously some things that I'm not allowed to talk about, and if that's the case I'll tell you so.

No, you can't know who I played in beta because it's the same character name as I play now and I'd rather remain annonymous. I'm sure you can understand why ;)

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Well I'm impressed you answered so quickly :) Was getting someone to do this kind of thing just a matter of volunteering or did you have a hard time persuading people to let you post news updates or on forums? Also did you play DAoC before you worked for GOA or was it the other way round?

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Erivoss said:
Think people will understand the difference between that ^ and this?

[GOA]Erivoss's evil twin.

Anything I say has nothing to do with GOA, Wanadoo, France Telecom or Mythic Entertainment. It is pure madness from within my own head.

You have been warned :flame:

I like you. I think we will get on well :)

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
It's good to know some-one is here ...

Hi

To be honest GOA lost at lot of credibility a long time ago when the “official” forums were closed down.

The service provided by the Americans, including the web site and information dissimilation, makes the European effort seem very weak in comparison.

The recent problems with the servers, and the apparent lack of action and explanation, understandably upset a lot of people.

Therefore, in my humble opinion, knowing that a GOA employee actually visits these message boards, and is prepared to contribute, will be a big PR success for GOA, and for that you should be congratulated.

What cannot happen however is that any justifiable criticism (and not the childish flames) is ignored or treated with distain. It is important that anyone who takes the time to contact GOA, either directly or via this medium, receive a considered and informed response.

Auto responders are not what most people are looking for.

I am sure you are aware there is a panoply of MMORG’s on the horizon, and GOA will have a fight on their hands to retain their present customer profile. One way to minimise the drift to other games is making sure the customers have value for money.

I wish you the best of luck in what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Ashgen

:cheers:

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
I will do my best to answer any question I get as quickly as possible. Mindless flames I won't waste my time on, but I will reply to constructive comments, complaints etc whenever possible.

Remember, I'm just a source of information, I don't deal with RightNow! requests (that's for the CS department to handle) and I don't deal with problems within the community (bug abusing, harassment etc - that's the GM's job). I also have no say in the game balancing process - that is Mythics job.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i suspect some acc switching madness, if youre bored you could allways flame yourself :flame:

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
I think you made a good choice when you made another account.
And I really love that sig... ;)

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Although you made another account its a bit pointless really, A) your sig on your 2nd acc gives away that you work for GOA, B) All the regulars to these forums will know who you are and so will all the trollers and flamers, and for the ppl that post and dont know its you im sure they will figure it out from the regulars replys etc and C) For the really dumb ppl they can just read the Sticky thread which explains it all any how.

So whats the point at hinting you are GOA affilated? It wont change peoples responces etc, might as well just be open about it. Or if you want to have an acc to post about things probley be better to remain completely anonomous.

Telamon

Fledgling Freddie
Quite seriously .. who gives a :puke: what account he uses :)

Good to have someone with a more direct link to GOA and a source
of information.

Ziva

Fluffy
I had the same problem when i became mod and thought about it aswell but i deceided to keep one account since i have nothing to hide and most people will understand that you are not only a GOA employee but also a gamer and therefore intitled to your own opinion.

Two accounts is not handy to work with and i think the disclaimer is enough. When you post "official" statements with facts from GOA i'm sure you can make clear that it's not your own thinking.

And welcome to the club. So far i have seen nothing but nice work from you :clap:

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
Although you made another account its a bit pointless really, A) your sig on your 2nd acc gives away that you work for GOA, B) All the regulars to these forums will know who you are and so will all the trollers and flamers, and for the ppl that post and dont know its you im sure they will figure it out from the regulars replys etc and C) For the really dumb ppl they can just read the Sticky thread which explains it all any how.

So whats the point at hinting you are GOA affilated? It wont change peoples responces etc, might as well just be open about it. Or if you want to have an acc to post about things probley be better to remain completely anonomous.
the idea behind the two accounts, was that the account without [GoA] showed his personal opinions, and the one with the tag showed statements from GoA.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
tbh eri i feel sorry for you being thrust into the spotlight, and id suggest making a 2nd account otherwise you will be flamed to death on aything you say...and no doubt if u pissed someone off they tell your bosses just to spite you... :flame:

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to the boards, no matter what you do there will be some that will fire flames and abuse at you as you work for GOA, but I'm hoping these will be very few and far between.

I know you are here as a gamer but it would be good to know that if you see a good/informative thread (they do happen now and again ;) ) that you might be able to point someone from GOA in the right direction to have a look :)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Nice sig erivoss :p

It's very good to know that GOA are involved in the community in some way. WTG Eriv :cheers:

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Let me say I am looking very positively at this new involvement of GOA people in the community discussion.

I have been a very firm (and civil) critic to GOA untill now.

But I really think that the lack of communication was what I missed most.

I work for a software and telecommunication Company.
Server crash, hackers, little delays are indeed small problems after all, and happens everywhere.

Butwhat what I have learnt in all the past years is that the customer will probably perdon you if you are a serious person and if you communicate what is happening, what you are doing to resolve their problem... most of all that you try to have a relation, to work together with him.

This relation with your customers is sometime a bigger cost than the development or the project itself. It cost time, effort, money.

But I am quite sure this is the main reason why my customers work with me and with my company.

So good step, Goa, go on this way.

You will probably be surprised about how much to community can be able to help you and support you if you will be able to create a good personal relation with your payng customers....

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
...god damn it, this tounge sticky out smily as well? ITS HORRIBLE, REMOVE IT! BURN IT!!!! KILLLLL ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!

I do like the cow though for what its worth, no idea what i'd use it for though except maybe to have a little feild and maybe roleplay being a farmer...

:m00: :m00:

...execept i can only seem to put two in without going over my 'Smiley limit' why do people insist on trying to restrict the ammount of joy i spread to the world? WHYYYYY!!!!! :eek:

OK who set him on the loose??? :fluffle:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Aadia said:
OK who set him on the loose??? :fluffle:

'Twas the FreedysHouse people when they got rid of the cheesy grin smiley and replaced the nice sticky out tounge smiley with the gay :p

I'm so starting a petition to get 'teh uber' smilieys put back in when i've got five minutes to spare :D

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
I'd stay with that account to post news and answer GOA questions that are 100% positively the correct answer, but i'd re-create another account for trolling the forums and so on and so forth ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom