Question to Mids

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by chronictank
this is a 24/7 game
if there was no early raid
i in my entire game career (since the beta) would not have had the chance to be on a relic raid.
I simply dont have the time due to work to go on traditional raids.

SO by ur resoning i shouldnt have the chance to go on a relic raid at all? simply because it doest suite YOU, and all those others who are on at prime time.

I am glad there was a raid and am not ashamed to be on it, as i havent been on one before.

edit: btw most normal relic raids normally drag on a long time, and i have to be up at 6am the next day for work, so i would never be there to the end it it was staged prime time.

So what your saying is the 200+ mids were working late shift last weekend?

I'm sorry, yes it is possible for you to go a RR with the early morning people, because chances are that the population percentage will reflect on prime time population. So your 35 people, might have a go at beating 8 defenders, that's realistic. But it wasn't a work thing, it was a setting the alarm clock thing, the only goal was to get the relics regardless of the consequences.

Most prime time relic raids take 2 hours max, so if you raided at 8, there is a good chance you will be in bed by 10:30. The raid was on a Saturday firstly, and secondly, if you have to be at work by 6am, then you would have been a couple of hours late by the time the raid was done.

C

chronictank

no i didnt say 200+ mids were working the late shift
I wasnt working weekends and it was my holidays, but other people may be in similar situations.

I said I was, and i thank the 200 mids for goin on the raid.
Point is that the game is for everyone, and is played all the time. Im not saying the take was honourable either, but it happened. It may have suited many peoples RL situations, so im not apologising for attending, nor making excuses.

BUT your right in the sence that there shouldnt have been so many mids attacking, possibly 50 odd mids at most on the raid. we did go overkill and that i apologise for, not because we had the raid or you lost the relics.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by chronictank
no i didnt say 200+ mids were working the late shift
I wasnt working weekends and it was my holidays, but other people may be in similar situations.

I said I was, and i thank the 200 mids for goin on the raid.
Point is that the game is for everyone, and is played all the time. Im not saying the take was honourable either, but it happened. It may have suited many peoples RL situations, so im not apologising for attending, nor making excuses.

BUT your right in the sence that there shouldnt have been so many mids attacking, possibly 50 odd mids at most on the raid. we did go overkill and that i apologise for, not because we had the raid or you lost the relics.

I not only work strange hours, but I travel alot too, I am seldom online prime time.

I can understand why you thank those 200 mids, but I am fairly sure they didn't raid so that shift workers could have some fun.

The raid was because, sadly, excal/mids can't play without their security blankets.

As soon as Alb or Hib, if I get my way, get the relics, most mids will scurry into that little hole they dissappear into when they're relicless, and try find some more excuses for the next alarm raid.

G

gutrot

christ you lot dont half bump on!
Primetime raid is a very looong slog...not my idea of fun. i wasnt on the midRR but im damn proud of our boys :D they went in and got the job done. We dont expect you albs to like it. it wasnt done for your benefit.

As we keep saying, youre welcome to do the same if you wish.
You have a better chance of a successful primetime raid due to greater numbers and you seem to be on a mission to prove something to yourselves, good for you, just stop being so fucking self righteous about the game, shut the fuck up, and play.

ive just started to get into the spirit of this barryswhine, shame its closing really...

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by gutrot
As we keep saying, youre welcome to do the same if you wish.
You have a better chance of a successful primetime raid due to greater numbers and you seem to be on a mission to prove something to yourselves, good for you, just stop being so fucking self righteous about the game, shut the fuck up, and play.

*Sigh*. It's not about being self-righteous, it's about being smart. For everyone.

Once the cycle of alarmclock raids start, no one will plan a primetime raid again - there's no point in committing the time and effort that it takes to do a raid primetime if you know that the morning after, some dingbats with an alarmclock will have taken them back. That means that the majority of people (who have lives and don't want to get up at 5am to kill some NPCs) will NEVER get to experience a relic raid.

Alarm clock raids reduce the potential fun of the game for all realms. That's why they suck.

B

behatch

RPG,mid rlm=barbarian rlm-barbarians dont sleep-anytime is good time :O

my conclusion to these whiners-stfu you cheap ass and buy an alarm clock

how a life and dont wanna wake up at 5? lol..if you have a char lvl 50 you carnt have much of one.

A

Aussie-

funny how some anti alarmclockraidurs suddenly become pro alarmclock :eek7:

N

noaim

Originally posted by Gordonax
Once the cycle of alarmclock raids start, no one will plan a primetime raid again - there's no point in committing the time and effort that it takes to do a raid primetime if you know that the morning after, some dingbats with an alarmclock will have taken them back.

How the fuck does that go with the reasoning most people have, that its not about the relics, its about accomplishing something?

You accomplished it even if you lose em 2 days later on a morningraid. So really, it is just about the relics isnt it?

As Nol says, if we take their relics early morning, he will do the same to us. Then in next thread he says he dont raid for relics, but to accomplish something, and morningraids are not an accomplishment. Ofc I understand why he would take em back in a morningraid, but I fail to see how it goes with his logic. Someone care to explain?

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by noaim
How the fuck does that go with the reasoning most people have, that its not about the relics, its about accomplishing something?

You accomplished it even if you lose em 2 days later on a morningraid. So really, it is just about the relics isnt it?

As Nol says, if we take their relics early morning, he will do the same to us. Then in next thread he says he dont raid for relics, but to accomplish something, and morningraids are not an accomplishment. Ofc I understand why he would take em back in a morningraid, but I fail to see how it goes with his logic. Someone care to explain?

I'm not going to comment for Nol, who's more than capable of talking for himself. But your logic is faulty, young padawan. I suspect Nol would be raiding you not so much to have the relics for Hib, but to deny you the chance to profit from a sneaky, low-rent raid.

For me, yes, it's about the relics. I want them. But I'm not prepared to alarmclock raid for them, because I know the consequences of that is to make the game less fun, because planning and taking part in a primetime is a big, fun part of the game. To reduce relic taking to a game played only by people who can and will get up at 4am is stupid.

Z

ztyx

If albs ever get the relics mids should take back the relics doing a morning raid so we can have more fun in Odins :D

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Jergiot
Even if albs take relics primetime again, ull just keep doing alarmclock raids or?

Give ya 2 guesses ;)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by ztyx
If albs ever get the relics mids should take back the relics doing a morning raid so we can have more fun in Odins :D

I dont doubt for a minute that they'd do just that. Only question is what excuse they'd give next time (seeing as them not having the numbers has been shot down by the amount they've had out defending) :p

Actually there's an idea to pass a bit of time...

Who can guess what mids next excuse for alarm clock raids will be :confused:

A

Antedeluvian

Spies ofc, you know, only midgard have them........

Z

ztyx

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
I dont doubt for a minute that they'd do just that. Only question is what excuse they'd give next time (seeing as them not having the numbers has been shot down by the amount they've had out defending) :p

Actually there's an idea to pass a bit of time...

Who can guess what mids next excuse for alarm clock raids will be :confused:

Imo it's not even possible to take the relics of an active realm.
Perhaps the coming changes will help out.
Albs first charge was a real threat. Don't think many mids were ready for that. Aber now... we are.

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by Aussie-
funny how some anti alarmclockraidurs suddenly become pro alarmclock :eek7:

funny how some people try and tar all of midgard for something alot of the other mids disagreed with and didnt go on.

guess ur one of the sad bastards who thinks 'ah i saw x nick a car so all x are thieves'

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Pandemic
funny how some people try and tar all of midgard for something alot of the other mids disagreed with and didnt go on.

Pandemic, all credit to you for coming out and saying that alarmclock raids suck. Fair play to you matey. I really wish the others who agree with you had the cojones to follow your example.

N

noaim

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Only question is what excuse they'd give next time (seeing as them not having the numbers has been shot down by the amount they've had out defending) :p

Yeah we had 100-200 mids out defending every day, if we can just gather half of that, we can easily take the relics from 400+ albs at primetime.

I still think we should stick to primetimeraids, but I dont see how the 100-200 mids thats been defending against you makes us able to RR against 400+ defenders?

K

killrake

An honest replay on first question, for my self i dont care if either realm takes it on none primetime, my computer just goes LD and LD and LD in big fights, I can move things freeze then I am dead.

So I dont mind albs/hibs/mids go none primetime

So If I want to join a RR and still be playable I have to chose none primetime, but thats just my own problem...

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by noaim
I still think we should stick to primetimeraids, but I dont see how the 100-200 mids thats been defending against you makes us able to RR against 400+ defenders?

If you've got a good plan, we won't have 400 defenders. Block the roads to Excal, hit the keeps fast - speed is everything. I shouldn't need to tell you this - take a look at one of Ardamels' more recent successful plans. 100-200 is more than enough to take a relic if you're organised.

Having said that, I can't think of ANY occasion when we've had 400 defenders - I can think of one time when we had maybe 300, but that number gathered over the course of a whole night, and wasn't what we defeated the relic raid force with earlier.

S

skile

mids need to be reminded of themselves every chance we/u get.

N

noaim

Originally posted by Gordonax
If you've got a good plan, we won't have 400 defenders. Block the roads to Excal, hit the keeps fast - speed is everything. I shouldn't need to tell you this - take a look at one of Ardamels' more recent successful plans. 100-200 is more than enough to take a relic if you're organised.

Having said that, I can't think of ANY occasion when we've had 400 defenders - I can think of one time when we had maybe 300, but that number gathered over the course of a whole night, and wasn't what we defeated the relic raid force with earlier.

True about the speed-thing, and the numbers were just taken from what I heard from albs on our last 2 RR´s at primetime.

O

old.Nol

This time the onus lies with Midgard, if they raid at prime time, we will come back at prime time, if they raid in the morning, we will fetch them in the morning.

Whatever tactics are used on us, they will be employed against Mids at our discretion.

There is no compromise, there is no misundertsanding, it is a promise. Midgard will not benefit out of ruining the game for Hibs, it will be tit for tat.

It's a very simple concept, and I am sure Mids understand it.

S

sh33py

Mids had 300 at odins the other day vs 250 albs, over the course of the last week I haven't seen any more than 250 albs in odin's, usually 150-200.

Albeit when mids have relics your numbers seem to multiply overnight. Yes it's a 24/7 game but you miss the most important part, <game>, not real war, it's a game that's meant to be played for <fun>, I fail to see how alarm raids increase the fun factor.

You could do a primetime raid but you were lazy, honestly I agree with the hibs, the best way to show people too stupid to understand how alarm raids ruin the fun of the game for everyone is to have it done to you, see all your organisation and work ruined without having any chance to fight back..

Ofc when that starts noone gets any epic fights, it's not RvR anymore but PvGuards and opens the door for an influx of spies in other realms to find out when alarm raids are planned.

If that's the sort of game you really want to play carry on, albs might be forgiving this time but i can't see it lasting if you carry on with lame dishonourable tactics and if you try it with the hibs you might see that alb/hib alliance you're so afraid of; WE won't let you ruin the game no matter how hard you try.

Users who are viewing this thread