Question: Is raising towers a good feature or not?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...is there a game that isnt boring at one point?

Calo said:
I just can't understand how ANYONE could play game when he's not having fun. I mean, the second you feel bored with daoc you quit right?

And anyway, the game is what you make from it yourself.

Have you ever encountered a game which didnt have a boring feature or was boring at any point in the entire game?

But you are almost right, yes OF was so boring for newbs that they just didnt go there and play that part of the game. And with the population daoc had at that time that was probably a good thing, since OF would probably have been purly unplayable if all the main PvE population would have found even the slightest fun in OF as they do in NF...

/Charmangle

Calo said:
I don't think OF was any better then NF.

Odin's solo? you actually ever went there? I saw many fg's there.

OF just seems better because alot more ppl played back then which means, more friends, more fun ppl that made the game alot better.

You got no clue what your talking about.

The game was loads better back then b/c of game design and mechanics, end of story.

Babybanana

Loyal Freddie
for solo person razeing towers is great. if get small grps or solo person to defend it have chance to kill them. if fg inc then solo fun spoiled, but like always solo and fg fun don´t fit together

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Babybanana said:
for solo person razeing towers is great. if get small grps or solo person to defend it have chance to kill them. if fg inc then solo fun spoiled, but like always solo and fg fun don´t fit together

So why are you helping Albs lately is this the sign of a Albguard alliance ??

Babybanana

Loyal Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
So why are you helping Albs lately is this the sign of a Albguard alliance ??
nah not helping them, was in albland first and got zerged, came to hibs razeing towers, need very little to ding so when razeing towers get ok rps when repairing those. i leave those unclaimed so u can easily retake those

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Babybanana said:
nah not helping them, was in albland first and got zerged, came to hibs razeing towers, need very little to ding so when razeing towers get ok rps when repairing those. i leave those unclaimed so u can easily retake those

So why you helping them taking towers that lead to port ???? seems to me like you ARE Helping them especially as they taken Crauch at a shyt time in morning.

Babybanana

Loyal Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
So why you helping them taking towers that lead to port ???? seems to me like you ARE Helping them especially as they taken Crauch at a shyt time in morning.
nerf, cant treb bolg t2, so nged tower was nearest near keep tower what mids didn´t already have. i treb tower near keep cause then u can treb those and i can farm u or u just kill me and there went my farming dream

wtf poor hunter need to do that get 5k rps to ding =P

Calo

Part of the furniture
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
You got no clue what your talking about.

The game was loads better back then b/c of game design and mechanics, end of story.

Oh right, i forgot

We aren't allowed to have a different opinion!
You're right Sneakers! Everybody absolutly hates NF! We are just all stubborn and keep playing it.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
For one side i agree with tower raising especially when half a fecking realm is camped inside ( especially the fecking tree hugers with mega zillions shrooms inside)

On the other hand 2 days ago on surs tower 3 there was a freacking fg of mids trebing the tower with 3 trebuchets because they couldnt get door down cause ME ( 1 Wiz ) was inside.....i mean comon...im not telling "shit i rox" im just telling that a tower was made for a realm with less ppl have more defense from the attacking realm, so whats the point of going to a tower and defend it if it can be just raised?

Yeah i might be contradicting myself for some ppl, but for those who actually read what i said carefully, you will see the difference

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Calo said:
Oh right, i forgot

You're right Sneakers! Everybody absolutly hates NF! We are just all stubborn and keep playing it.

no... but if it would be a democracy and this would go to votes OF would be our new president :p

Calo

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:
no... but if it would be a democracy and this would go to votes OF would be our new president :p

Sure, but it seems that anyone that even has a little fun in NF must be some alien with no brains and 7legs.. :p

Calo said:
Oh right, i forgot

Thats, better.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Its' great as it is, if you got a nice group you can simply roam around a bit until somebody raze the tower then simply jump in and bomb them. The peps in the tower even take fall dmg so they drop fast.

Bondoila said:
Its' great as it is, if you got a nice group you can simply roam around a bit until somebody raze the tower then simply jump in and bomb them. The peps in the tower even take fall dmg so they drop fast.

What happends the day ppl all over the board, even the nice guys, realize it is no POINT taking towers since its no way of defending them? ( due to beeing raze-able and ppl then treb them to pieces ).

Then the RvR will be even more centered to bridges, docks and pre arranged agramon nights, will be EVEN worse then now. I'm exagerating here ofc to make a point of the underlaying mechanics of NF that is broke, completely broke.

I mean would you go to work if you lived in a society where you got paid anyway, even if you knew by not going to work your society would collapse? People would probably stay home thinking others wouldn't.

In a way you can draw a parallel between that and DAoC. If there is no reason to travel, to take towers ppl will stay at bridges fully aware that RvR WOULD be better if they roamed around. Thats the real hook of whats wrong with NF, it is just so obvious, can't understand how ppl like Calo in every thread who critizise (sp?) NF manages somehow overlook that.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
What happends the day ppl all over the board, even the nice guys, realize it is no POINT taking towers since its no way of defending them? ( due to beeing raze-able and ppl then treb them to pieces ).

Then the RvR will be even more centered to bridges, docks and pre arranged agramon nights, will be EVEN worse then now. I'm exagerating here ofc to make a point of the underlaying mechanics of NF that is broke, completely broke.

I mean would you go to work if you lived in a society where you got paid anyway, even if you knew by not going to work your society would collapse? People would probably stay home thinking others wouldn't.

In a way you can draw a parallel between that and DAoC. If there is no reason to travel, to take towers ppl will stay at bridges fully aware that RvR WOULD be better if they roamed around. Thats the real hook of whats wrong with NF, it is just so obvious, can't understand how ppl like Calo in every thread who critizise (sp?) NF manages somehow overlook that.

Because i roam and have fun? Why should I hate NF when I'm having fun with it.
Sure i perfectly understand your reasons.
I don't play on this cluster anymore so I really don't know how its here, but hey, NF ain't so bad.

OF is probably better yes, but its NF now. Deal with it.

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
What Golena said. Towers are fun for smalltime siege. Being trebbed down makes it pointless to defend. Trebs should only make holes in wall.

Calo said:
Because i roam and have fun? Why should I hate NF when I'm having fun with it.
Sure i perfectly understand your reasons.
I don't play on this cluster anymore so I really don't know how its here, but hey, NF ain't so bad.

OF is probably better yes, but its NF now. Deal with it.

Well seriously is it hard for you to grasp why the NF mechanics isn't working?

I mean just b/c you can drive a car with two flat tires doesn't mean it is working.

You have a frontier 10x the size of the old one.

There is 0 point in actually travling, never has.
All RvR is centered around keeps/towers and bridges.

The 8 man crew have to pre arrange to get any rewarding RvR, obviously it is more fun to NOT HAVE to pre-arrange.

Bridges support zergs almost better then milegates did due to fuckedup pathing and water.

What in this is actually working? Is this rewarding RvR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom