Question for Requiel

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Naetha said:
As a brief hijack, but also a question for Requiel - is there any update on whether Glastonbury guilds can respec their emblem? According to Rightnow, all guilds on Glastonbury have an emblem respec, the reason The Rigante don't have one is because they've already used it, which is, if you'll excuse my language, complete bollocks. We have four GM characters I think, and none have gone back to the emblemeer and done /gc emblem without getting the "your guild emblem's respec has already been used" message, except for the first time of course. According to (I think) the patch notes/Friday news, classic server guilds don't get an emblem respec.

Would love to respec our emblem from Chav solid red to something less common, so if you could look into this as well Requiel, I would be grateful :)

Rightnow it?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Naetha said:
As a brief hijack, but also a question for Requiel - is there any update on whether Glastonbury guilds can respec their emblem? According to Rightnow, all guilds on Glastonbury have an emblem respec, the reason The Rigante don't have one is because they've already used it, which is, if you'll excuse my language, complete bollocks. We have four GM characters I think, and none have gone back to the emblemeer and done /gc emblem without getting the "your guild emblem's respec has already been used" message, except for the first time of course. According to (I think) the patch notes/Friday news, classic server guilds don't get an emblem respec.

Would love to respec our emblem from Chav solid red to something less common, so if you could look into this as well Requiel, I would be grateful :)
Guilds on Glastonbury absolutely do get an emblem respec. You need to go to the emblemeer that originally set the emblem (eg if you did it in the SI capital originally you need to return there) otherwise you'll get the error that you've already used it - even when you haven't. If youstill get the message then, I'm afraid you have used it although it may have been accidental. If someone went to change the emblem, then changed their mind and put it back to how it was then pressed 'accept' instead of 'cancel' then the emblem respec is used even though the emblem hasn't changed. I personally tested the emblem respecs on Glastonbury by creating nearly 100 guilds and respeccing the emblems. It worked correctly every single time.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
I personally tested the emblem respecs on Glastonbury by creating nearly 100 guilds and respeccing the emblems. It worked correctly every single time.

sooo tempted to go off topic and ask what you named them .. but I wont!

keep up the good support.

Mason

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
To both Bahamut and Mason:

GOA != Mythic
Mythic != GOA

Rofl if this is the is the case explain this reply from Mythic thenselves

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

We will not edit your guildname for you. If the game filter does not allow a guildname it does this for a reason. And we will not judge the validity of this filter on a case by case basis.

The fact that you got the guild renamed on a Mythic server is, while surprising and unexpected, of no importance to us. GOA isn't Mythic.

I realise this will be a dissapointment and I hope you understand why we need to stick with the rules.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Attachments

• stfu.jpg
    stfu.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Mason said:
Rofl if this is the is the case explain this reply from Mythic thenselves

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

We will not edit your guildname for you. If the game filter does not allow a guildname it does this for a reason. And we will not judge the validity of this filter on a case by case basis.

The fact that you got the guild renamed on a Mythic server is, while surprising and unexpected, of no importance to us. GOA isn't Mythic.

I realise this will be a dissapointment and I hope you understand why we need to stick with the rules.

Yours sincerely,

That reply aint from Mythic its from GOA :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mason said:
Hello,

GOA isn't Mythic.

Yours sincerely,

I've shortened that message a little to highlight something.

Though in hindsight maybe you missed the != in Pirkel's post - != means "not equal to".

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Guilds on Glastonbury absolutely do get an emblem respec. You need to go to the emblemeer that originally set the emblem (eg if you did it in the SI capital originally you need to return there) otherwise you'll get the error that you've already used it - even when you haven't. If youstill get the message then, I'm afraid you have used it although it may have been accidental. If someone went to change the emblem, then changed their mind and put it back to how it was then pressed 'accept' instead of 'cancel' then the emblem respec is used even though the emblem hasn't changed. I personally tested the emblem respecs on Glastonbury by creating nearly 100 guilds and respeccing the emblems. It worked correctly every single time.

Well, if you can find the server logs of when we changed the emblem I'd love to see them, because me and my husband are the GMs and we haven't even looked without it saying "you have already used your respec".

The Rightnow response to this was "you must have already used it, it is impossible to grant additional respecs".

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
its hard coded and isnt available for the gms to change they explained this before on prydwen.net and got flamed.

Im sure if they could change it they wouldnt because just think of all the "dear gm i r changedzors our emblem to pink LOL and nows i need to change it bak please changezor it back for us as we want to try blue now."

anywho not sure why you couldnt have lords of england unless like Req says someone on the other realm already took it which is a possibility.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, the xml shows no guilds with England in the title so I guess it must be the 'Lords' part that is being blacklisted, hopefully GOA can do the same as Mythic did for us on the US servers and whiteflag the name, then help us rename our current guild.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Requiel said:
As I said in my previous post, Lords of England is an allowed name as far as the rules of conduct go, it doesn't break any naming rules. If the game isn't allowing you to use this guild name there will be a reason for it. I will try and find out for you what this reason is however it may take a little while.

isnt the word "lord" a nono word? a mate of mine couldent have "lordwhatever" as a last name. but when he changed to something else (with the same words after "lord" it was ok.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
Hmm, the xml shows no guilds with England in the title so I guess it must be the 'Lords' part that is being blacklisted, hopefully GOA can do the same as Mythic did for us on the US servers and whiteflag the name, then help us rename our current guild.

yeah i bet it is. and whats more funny is that the female version of lord isnt a banned word.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
that's because in todays wording, Lord is still a title, whereas Lady is used as an identifier of a female with a certain grace, or above a certain age.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Ladies of England doesn't quite have the same ring to it :D

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Roalith said:
Ladies of England doesn't quite have the same ring to it :D
dunno.. I know a GM who`d fit in there just nice.. and quite afew others tbh..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom