Question for Requiel

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I would be grateful if you could answer this for me. Why is the guild name 'Lords of England' a vaild guild name on Prydwen but the very same guild name can not be used on Glastonbury?

Lords of England is a 9 year old gaming community who have played DAoC since beta, when we moved to Glastonbury it would not let us use the 'Lords of England' name so we created 'Anonymous' as a temporary name but now that many of our old members have quit World of Warcraft to come back and play on Glastonbury we want to be able to use the name that our guild has used for the last 9 years.

We asked customer support, the answer was in many ways appalling, it was basically a 'no! now go away!' reply, it did not address the fact that we are a valid guild on Prydwen and also on the US servers. Please can you clarify the official stance on this Requiel? We have alot of unhappy guild members right now and would like to be able to give them a good reason why the 'Lords of England' name is now seen as 'non grata' by GOA.

Thanks in advance.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i used to be in LoE years ago, but i bet no one remembers meh :(

so i support you! allow the name!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bubble said:
French Kiss is allowed too :(

Numerous guilds using names related to nationality, I don't see how they could be using that reasoning to stop 'Lords of England'. That is why I posted here, if there is a vaild reason then we would at least like to know why, the answer from customer support was utterly useless.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
This does sound a bit silly

Cant see why you shouldn’t be able to use a guild name that you are currently using on another server

:touch: GoA

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
try Rightnow?
"We asked customer support, the answer was in many ways appalling, it was basically a 'no! now go away!' reply"

guessing he did?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
They changed it so you cant have "ranks" in your guild name, ie lord, king etc. We couldnt create a guild called WalKING Issues because of it, and according to Rightnow theres no way around it.. yea right :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Flimgoblin said:
try Rightnow?

Did that bud, as I said the answer was laughable and explained nothing. I would post it here but I don't think it would help matters and I don't want to GOA bash, I would just like to know why we were turned down and why the name is showing as illegal on Glastonbury.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Eleasias said:
and according to Rightnow theres no way around it.. yea right :D

It is a lie then, Lords of England are on Lamrok (sp?) US server right now, it was created only a few months back, Mythic were more than happy to allow the name after we provided them with proof that our guild was 9 years old and had been playing on Prydwen for 4 of those years.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you. I can tell you that the name wouldn't be blocked by the taboo list (the list of disallowed words and strings for guild and personal names). If you aren't able to use the name then the most likely option is that it's already taken.
If a name is blocked then it is blocked for a reason and we will not manually bypass the name filter as it will cause additional problems.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Requiel said:
Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you. I can tell you that the name wouldn't be blocked by the taboo list (the list of disallowed words and strings for guild and personal names). If you aren't able to use the name then the most likely option is that it's already taken.
If a name is blocked then it is blocked for a reason and we will not manually bypass the name filter as it will cause additional problems.

Thanks for the reply, as far as I can tell the name isn't taken on any realm, I would be very grateful if you could look into this for us.

Regards

cHodAX

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Question for Requiel.. Do you get a lot of chicks by saying you are a Gamemaster? Serious question. It would definitely turn me on :D

IainC

DavidH said:
Question for Requiel.. Do you get a lot of chicks by saying you are a Gamemaster? Serious question. It would definitely turn me on :D
My 'chick intake' is strictly limited by my wife.

To none.

Chodax, I will have a look into it but it may take a few days.

Mason

Fledgling Freddie
The first request was declined but i am appealling against it as we have the name on a GOA server already.

IainC

Mason said:
The first request was declined but i am appealling against it as we have the name on a GOA server already.
As I said in my previous post, Lords of England is an allowed name as far as the rules of conduct go, it doesn't break any naming rules. If the game isn't allowing you to use this guild name there will be a reason for it. I will try and find out for you what this reason is however it may take a little while.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
I've never been in LoE, but when i've had a think about this and to be honest, i can't remember a time when there hasn't been a Lords of England on Prydwen. They go along with four or five other guilds that have so far, for me anyway, made up the core of the Albion portion of this server since it went live.

Requiel, i urge you to use your sharpest, pointest stick to provoke the answer out of whoever needs to be poked...

Hell, i don't even know 99% of the guild, probably actually disliked some in the past, but y'know... stuff... :m00:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Requiel said:
Chodax, I will have a look into it but it may take a few days.

Thanks bud, can't ask anymore than that :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Requiel said:

i disagree, with most things you can block you can also "white flag" them so that they can be used, in this case its not email addresses but the theory still applies that if a name is put into the blocked list, it can be removed

Mason

Fledgling Freddie
We had the same problem when we played in the US on Lamorak Requil although there we were able to contact an ingame GM and that person verified that we had a guild in daoc with that name and they then changed it for us ingame so that when we next zoned the name was ammended, i am not at all sure why it is no longer allowed though so can't help you there.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
To both Bahamut and Mason:

GOA != Mythic
Mythic != GOA

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Well you could work out if its an identicle guild name thats causing the problem or a rude/forbidden word thats causing the ban yourself.

Try making a guild called 'Lords of England Rox' or 'Not Lords of England' and see if that gets by, if thats ok then someone has pinched your guild name, else you are dealing with the filter probably chucking you out for using 'Lord' in the title, thats unless 'Gland' is a bad word ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Pirkel said:

GOA != Mythic
Mythic != GOA

And your point is? They both use the same server software, albiet somewhat modified for use by GOA. Having different code for handling of guild names makes zero sense. Mason and Bahamut never implied that GOA and Mythic were one and the same, just that it shouldn't be any harder for GOA to do than it was for Mythic.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Svartmetall said:
I'm constantly amazed by the number of people that cannot understand this.

Go back and read the comments made by the people he reffered to. At no point did they confuse GOA and Mythic so you can't put them into that category.

Anyway, we are getting off topic here. Lets just wait for Requiel to report back, there is no point speculating at this time.

IainC

cHodAX said:
And your point is? They both use the same server software, albiet somewhat modified for use by GOA. Having different code for handling of guild names makes zero sense. Mason and Bahamut never implied that GOA and Mythic were one and the same, just that it shouldn't be any harder for GOA to do than it was for Mythic.
We do actually have a different taboo list than Mythic do as our taboo lists include GM names for example which have no relevance on US servers.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
i disagree, with most things you can block you can also "white flag" them so that they can be used, in this case its not email addresses but the theory still applies that if a name is put into the blocked list, it can be removed

and then

Pirkel said:

GOA != Mythic
Mythic != GOA

so my name was included for what reason?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
disagree, with most things you can block you can also "white flag" them so that they can be used, in this case its not email addresses but the theory still applies that if a name is put into the blocked list, it can be removed

Pirkel said:

GOA != Mythic
Mythic != GOA

Svartmetall said:
I'm constantly amazed by the number of people that cannot understand this.

I'm constantly amazed by the people who dont even read the full thread because if they did they would realise the comment Pirkel made has fuck all relation to what i said.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
As a brief hijack, but also a question for Requiel - is there any update on whether Glastonbury guilds can respec their emblem? According to Rightnow, all guilds on Glastonbury have an emblem respec, the reason The Rigante don't have one is because they've already used it, which is, if you'll excuse my language, complete bollocks. We have four GM characters I think, and none have gone back to the emblemeer and done /gc emblem without getting the "your guild emblem's respec has already been used" message, except for the first time of course. According to (I think) the patch notes/Friday news, classic server guilds don't get an emblem respec.

Would love to respec our emblem from Chav solid red to something less common, so if you could look into this as well Requiel, I would be grateful :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom