Question for Evernesence

W

wratha_risen

Just a question.
But Monday at lunchtime you saw my hunter whilst it was stealthed without pet, from miles away and you ran straight to me.
My stealth is at 20 is it really that bad?
Or is there a secret to it?

Oh and naughty stealthfighter for going 2 on 1 was a fair fight till then but at least I got the drop on Ever in the end lol

Whosyourmummy 24 hunter

H

haroat

how do u know he ran straight to u on purpose? could have just been running that way... happens alot

H

haarewin

i thought that radar cant pick up stealthers because they dont send position of stealthed players on the datastream or smth..

W

wratha_risen

Definately came straight at me, was at base of mpk in the tree's near the spiders, there was 3 albs 1 pala 1 cab and ever that i could see.
They were camping near the top of mpk and towards snipers hill.
When I saw him coming towards me unstealthed i moved away but he stealthed and headed straight for me.
So he ran from a long distance straight for me for no reason other then he must of seen me.
I was moving away from the pk campers.
I'm not pointing fingers I was just wondering???

Whosyourmummy 24 hunter

C

Cinwin

I'm not pointing fingers I was just wondering???
Nor am I making excuses for the enemy, but, with a stealth of 20 that means that enemy stealthers (of level 24) can see you from about 4-6 horse lengths away. (Your stealth [20] vs their level [24] adjusted as they also have "Detect Hidden" which you dont)

If an infil was nearby he could have relayed info ?

W

wratha_risen

Very true he could of but it was a very exact position that Ever ran too and if there was another stealther close by then he would of had to of unstealthed for Ever to of known my exact where abouts.
I'm not talking about a rough point that he ran too, it was exact, away from anyone else and the usual run to mb course.
Only wanted to really know if he could see me.

Whosyourmummy 24 hunter

P

Puppetmistress

20 stealth is easy spotted for a class with Detect Hidden (assassins) in Thidranki.

Miles away is abit overdone but 1000 range easy I think

W

wratha_risen

Ok cheers for that, was thinking of re-rolling her anyway going to see what spec is best for BG1.

Whosyourmummy 24 hunter

K

Khazik

What spec are you runnning now with your Hunter?

Before SCing was out I was 21 bow, 19stealth, 10spear 14 BC wicked spec back then :) self buffs were uber, and death spiders were lovely with their poison! woot!
With SCing you can easily get +5 to bow, spear and stealth. Or grab a nice set of snakecharmer studded armour XD

If you have a BB you could disregard BC and go 24bow 19stealth 13spear. But I feel BC makes the class what it is.

Lancer is best style imo (pre 39 spear) spear dmg is just sweet and your bow skill and dmg will be fantastic.

All imo of course.

G

Goryk

Another thing is occasionally, stealth classes at max range will appear to people (I htink under laggy situations). The other day, I saw a ranger at max range stealthed on my sorc of all characters for about 2 seconds. Couldn't cast anything at that range but I ran out to look for him anyway. If that happened here, and he was an inf, he could have headed off in the right direction and been able to follow once closely. This game is pretty buggy still, so never rule that out :)

W

wratha_risen

Thanks for the input Khazik, will check my hunter stats later as I've yet to delete her, I'm going to play her till she's capped in BG1.
I've not got sc gear on yet and I'm using the cave prowler gear until I do sc her up.
Nope I haven't got a BB either just use self buffs unless some very kind shammy buffs me on my way out or I'm grouped.

I've not got long left on DAOC before I quit so am only playing BG chars at the moment.

Goryk also thanks for the suggestion I seem to remember someone else saying about that aswell.

Shandwell 24 Skald
Whosyourmummy 24 Hunter

Users who are viewing this thread