question about the dmg cap?!?!?!

N

-Nuked-

i have a lvl23 Shade and yestaday i spoted a lvl21-22 wizard siting down doing nothing so i went upto him and got into a nice possition and PA'ed him (with Dot Poison on both dirks) .. as usual i got a 1hit kill no problem there - then i looked at the dmg ... i hit him for over 1000dmg including .. perfect hit bonus and critical hit + normal dmg.. i then said in the cg "holy crap i just hit some guy for 1k dmg" and some guy got all sarcastic about it and didn't believe me! (not that i care coz i know what im looking at, no point in lieing about it, maybe he just cant believe that i can hit harder then his pbaoe, i dun know.) anyway i dont have a screenshot or anything so i cant prove this but obviously im suposed to have a dmg cap - can anyone clarify for me that it is possible that i did infact hit for over 1000dmg coz im having doubts myself! maybe ... critical dmg and perfect hit bonus all stack together in the main dmg section but they put it in for the hell of it, i dun know! i just need some kind of explanation!

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by nuked_inthehead
i have a lvl23 Shade and yestaday i spoted a lvl21-22 wizard siting down doing nothing so i went upto him and got into a nice possition and PA'ed him (with Dot Poison on both dirks) .. as usual i got a 1hit kill no problem there - then i looked at the dmg ... i hit him for over 1000dmg including .. perfect hit bonus and critical hit + normal dmg.. i then said in the cg "holy crap i just hit some guy for 1k dmg" and some guy got all sarcastic about it and didn't believe me! (not that i care coz i know what im looking at, no point in lieing about it, maybe he just cant believe that i can hit harder then his pbaoe, i dun know.) anyway i dont have a screenshot or anything so i cant prove this but obviously im suposed to have a dmg cap - can anyone clarify for me that it is possible that i did infact hit for over 1000dmg coz im having doubts myself! maybe ... critical dmg and perfect hit bonus all stack together in the main dmg section but they put it in for the hell of it, i dun know! i just need some kind of explanation!

:sleeping:

N

-Nuked-

yeah thx for the help was so worth your time replyin!

O

old.Xarr

when figuring out how much damage you do to a guy it goes like this:

You prepare to perform a Perforate Artery!
You perform your Perforate Artery perfectly. (+244)
You attack sitting_caster_0132 with your dagger and hit for 342 (-11) damage!

When you hit him you only did 342 damage, you don't add the style bonus to the damage. However when you crit and you get another number under your normal damage you add it to find out how much you did.

N

-Nuked-

thats the answer i wanted. thx ok im told my dmg cap is probibly around the 400-450 mark .. still pritty sure the normal dmg had a number higher then 450 but thx alot thats the answer i was looking for!

Users who are viewing this thread