Question about other mmorpgs

W

Whitefall

I'll keep playing DAoC until someone invents a better mmog :cheers:

All others atm are shit, and it's usually down to their shitty endgames.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
ive played swg, COH/COV, EVE, and looked at RF online.

The problem with nearly all other mmorpgs compared to daoc is that when a new one is released if your not on the first in bandwaggon you can soon be left behind.

COH/COV while NCsoft had the pve aspect sort of right (it wasnt amazing) it lacked any form of depth.

SWG was gutted just as i and some friends were getting into it not been back since.

and eve. IS a wee bit boring but im trying somthing else to see how the game pans out. Eve die hard fans say it has the most depth, which it probbly does but the learning curve is so steep that you wont be seeing proper pvp till around your 3rd maybe 4th month into the game. You will be podded lots.
(could be just my experience)

The thing with DAOC compared to other mmorpgs i think is the whole three realm system you cant talk to the other realms so say you screw up ostrasize yourself from your realm you can always reroll on the other realm and start afresh (unless your a complete tard)

The end game for all mmorpgs has to be important people need goals to aim towards. SWG used to have jedi, EVE has big corps and big battleships (i think) and COV has well lvl 50 epic style chars (peacebringer and warshade)

DAOCS end game is just better in that once you are there you can keep having fun. The others just point towards more pve. I used to play tribes fanatically it was great loved its mechanics i could play that all day even designed the skins for our clan as well as tweeked some maps. I played that for a good 2 and a half years it wasnt a mmo but it was damn close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom