Queens Jubily weekend. Shall we cancel league for that weekend?

N

Nogglet

Should we cancel league for the queens jubily weekend or not?
Your thought's please.
Do you really give a fuck?

O

old.=[ST]=gEEzEr

carry on with league :clap:
don`t give a fuck

B

bigbb

It's not a question of being a Monarchist or Republican, it's a case of having a great laugh and getting quite, quite, drunk. Already a few admins have said they're out that night, as with myself. I would say postpone a week, it's worth it.

T

trn

Noooooooooooo!!

Dont postpone! Those are my favourite maps and I won't be able to play the next week!

Why not make everyone get drunk and then play RTCW? The results could be pretty spectacular:

Panza! Whoosh BANG
Flamer! sizzle

And so on and so forth... :rolleyes:

S

SkD'deWar

Originally posted by Nignog
Should we cancel league for the queens jubily weekend or not?

Lol !! You UK guys are crazy !! :D :D :D

N

nocte

well i am out on the piss on sunday, not because of the queen (tbh i wish they would all die) but because i have monday off college.

B

bigbb

I'm a bit of a Monarchist myself, mainly because they host a multi-billion pound tourist industry which has indirectly lead to the standard of living I enjoy and the heritage of which i'm accustomed. They also host a number of a schemes i've benefited from, including the Duke of Edingburugh Award when I was a wee bit younger and The Prince's Trust, which in the early days funded GamePlay, who consequently bought Wireplay. In total directly inwardly investing close to 95million, in contrast to the 55million they cost to run.

That said, i'm just using this as a corker of an excuse to get drunk and sing Jazz at my local.

N

Nogglet

Re: Re: Queens Jubily weekend. Shall we cancel league for that weekend?

Originally posted by =[ST]=deWar

Lol !! You UK guys are crazy !! :D :D :D

Don't get me wrong mate, I don't give a shit myself. Just wanted everyone elses opinions. Thats all

J

jkl

heh looks like we going to have a load of clans and 1 or 2 admins to run em all

F

feld-hure

Not wishing to BWL/ Admin bash, but is 4 days before the matches not a little late to start to discuss this ?

If the matches are to be postponed, it would have been nice to know a little in advance as I cancelled a trip up to London that night as I assumed matches were on (which makes me sound more than a little sad ;) )

A

Anduin

oh this is normal expect to find out midday saturday if past desicions are anything to go by

W

wildthang

DOH!

If you postpone play this weekend, which is a no go for us anyway as we are scheduled to play a clan which has dropped out of the league... that means we'll have to wait two weeks before we get another league game :(

This is on top of a 2 week break the week before last because of no show clans.

Overall, me thinks no. Despite her highness graciously allowing us peasents to celebrate her reign over us :rolleyes: , normal service should resume or I'll still be playing out the end of season one when I'm recieving a pension.

B

bigbb

It is a bit late to discuss this, I agree. And it was't even on the cards until clans started postponing. I don't think we can criticise the admin team for absolutely everything they do.

W

wildthang

So roughly how many clans have decided they arn't going to play this weekend then?

B

bigbb

I heard 3 or 4 names mentioned in the chan and on email. Don't know if there's more.

O

old.Hawklans

We got no match this weekend anyway due to dropped out team.... so it wont make much difference to me... but if the admins want to have a bit of time off why not? after all they give up plenty of time to us to run our league, if they really want something in return are you gonna deny them that?

I dont really mind either way, cant claim to be too fussed about the jubilee cos i will be watching football through it all anyway, but you have to respect everyones beliefs and if they want time off to celebrate then we should try to comply....

B

bigbb

It's got relatively little to do with beliefs for myself, although a Monarchist I just think World Cup + Jubilee = Top bloody notch piss up.

It'll go ahead this weekend by the sounds of it, anyway. It would get a bad reception if was moved back a week I would think.

O

old.X3M.Lake

Originally posted by bigbb
It's not a question of being a Monarchist or Republican, it's a case of having a great laugh and getting quite, quite, drunk. Already a few admins have said they're out that night, as with myself. I would say postpone a week, it's worth it.
Aargg, You British fellows seem to be lucky again :D What are we supposed to do here in Europe? :rolleyes: Get drunk to because of your queen's jubily ;)

G

greendemon

During the Queens speech, I usually go for a shit.

As the Jubilee will be going on a bit longer, I guess I'll be fragging.

N

Nogglet

Don't quote me on this but it looks as though the league will be going ahead this weekend. Im sure it will be announced whats going on by management soon.

O

old.Ghost

im off to watch Steve Peat (Sheffield Lad) the no1 British Downhill mountain bike champion race against the rest of the World at Fort William, i dont give a toss about the queen, im a contractor which means not just 1 day without pay but two fooking days, im sending my time sheet to the palace to sign! But im gonna try my best to be sat there Monday night!, matchstick under eye lids.

God Save RTCW.

T

trn

OK what will happen if you run out of admins then? I don't think we can trust the clans to do it for themselves, just look at the amount of disputes you get on clanbase.

I'm sure some of the more sensible players would be willing to help out if needed...hint hint :)

O

old.{D2A}Trebor

Yeah, and we get enough disputes here with Admins :(. We have never faced a dispute or conflict on clanbase, yet.

how about each clan has to make a demo of the game?

that way if there are any disputes then the demos could be looked at and used to decide who is right, maybe.

I assume al admins that are available will be sued for Div 1, so Div 3 will be left to fend for themselves :(

B

brizzle

Div 1 plays at different times to Division 3 so no problems there

I'm sure all Divisions will be given equal admins and time

S

syk.chak

Originally posted by {D2A}Trebor
I assume al admins that are available will be sued for Div 1, so Div 3 will be left to fend for themselves :(

As brizzle pointed out, div3 plays on a totally seperate day so I wouldn't worry about that. Also, a lot of the admins are div1 players, so if anything the opposite could happen.

T

trn

posted by Trebor
Yeah, and we get enough disputes here with Admins :(. We have never faced a dispute or conflict on clanbase, yet.

In fact the reason we have never had a dispute with clanbase is because I always look at the match reports before challenging other clans. If they are always getting into squabbles about match setup and results (which other clans nearly always say in the reports), then i just don't challenge them.

how about each clan has to make a demo of the game?

Sounds good, only problem is that some clans might find this a little hard to do if it's their first time recording.

posted by brizzle
I'm sure all Divisions will be given equal admins and time

I hope i'm not being too picky, but this hasn't been strictly true in the past. I know in some circumastances you have to prioritse, and when this has happened it has been Div1 & 2 given priority (e.g when League tables have been updated).

N

Nogglet

I think the majority of people that play in the league appreciate what we do. Its just the odd few that don't.

People should remember that this is the first season, and things aren't always going to go as everyone would like. Come next season things should improve as everyone will have more experiance. Personally I don't think we're doing that bad a job considering were only in season 1.

Most admins are sympathetic about members of clans who turn up late for one reason or another, and stretch the defaulted match time rule a little. If we were very strict about this Im sure a lot more people would hate us. :)

B

bigbb

I'm inclined to agree with what Noggles has said there, but i'll just quote what I said on rtcw.co.uk forums.

I'm talking as an insider to the league, but not as a member of the running and organisation.

In respect to the updating of results and tables, this has been one of the biggest problems to overcome. Recently, the workload was spread out, with a couple of match admins taking responsibility for the tables and results. Unfortunately, the admin updating the results is not updating quickly, especially this week. So, that's again going to change, head admins are now going to update the results in-between management of matches. That will make it almost instantaneous, and tables will be updated by Psycho that night.

In regard to clans dropping out. That's a big thorn in the side of any new game's league. Probably half of the clans that applied to to the league had no intention of completing a season. Next season the league may able to go down to 48 motivated clans, which will make everything less of a strain. The head of organised gaming at BW, bigfoot has advised against taking on new clans this late in the day, with the unnecessary rocking of the divisional boat it causes. So that option is closed.

Stopwatch, well Chippy is already gnawing his teeth at it, and he's trailed a few SW matches this season. With the support of the community, and that only, I would think we'll see an SW league next season. In regard to Week 6, this week, it wasn't possible to play Base and Assault, with Base SW. There simply wasn't enough time in the slot, from what I heard there would an extra 30mins to fit it in.

In regard to coverage, I surprisingly agree with Vash, if Div 2-3 want decent coverage on rtcwnation and alike, a few players should put themselves forward. All these parts require time and hard work, something that so many are reluctant to give, some would rather just shouting from the side-lines than getting in and helping out. Both the league and rtcwnation would benefit immensely from constructive criticism, suggestions and involvement. If the league isn't how you'd like it, change it.

Overall, my opinion is the league has gone through a period of great change, and it's done surprisingly well to stay afloat, there have been times it's nearly hit the floor. Thankfully, it now seems to be on the tracks and although still making the odd mistake does seem to be making progress. It has to be remembered though, the league is run by players, for players. Although the resources behind the league are BW, and that's the name on the tin, the people trying to slog and impove it are people just like you and me.

That was in reply to a 'how do you think the league is' thread. To be honest there are real downfalls in the league, I don't think anyone's denying that. But, a league of this size is difficult to run by one person, it's a full time job, with no pay. So, it's had to be spread out, so people can manage it. This has inevitably bought with it some communication problems and a real lack in speed of the league 'doing things'. This can only really change in the next season, where I personally hope it can go back down to 48 clans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom