Quality seating for my posterior...

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm currently looking around for a new computer chair and I was hoping perhaps someone on here would have a good idea of what chairs are the best and of any good dealers. Price isn't too much of a concern, as long as its ergonomic and comfortable and saves me a knackered back in my old age it's worth it, but being able to trial the chair for a couple of weeks would be a must. I do like the look of the Herman Miller Aeron but at that price I'd definately need a trial run and I can't find any dealers in the UK other than one in london.

Any help would be appreciated.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
I have an aeron at work and its THE best chair to use a computer from you'll ever come across.
Horribly expensive so I'm told, but I've been considering getting one for home despite that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've got some big leather thing from Ikea, its lasted over 5 years so far, it cost about £100

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have a chair I nicked from a house I was living in a couple of years ago. By the state of it, it's 6 years old if it's a day. It's comfortable, has an uppy-downy bit, a roundy-roundy motion, some original and interesting stains and it cost me bugger all. Yours for a pound. :)

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
TedTheDog said:
I have an aeron at work and its THE best chair to use a computer from you'll ever come across.
Horribly expensive so I'm told, but I've been considering getting one for home despite that.
Office theft, isn't really a crime...

Embattle

FH is my second home
Tom said:
I've got some big leather thing from Ikea, its lasted over 5 years so far, it cost about £100

I had a leather chair which cost £100 but ended up replacing it with a bog standard chair after getting spots on the back of my legs during the summer heat.

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
You became a real spotty geek! Finally embodying we all that we strive to achieve in our lifetimes... Oh why give that up? :m00:

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
Mine cost like... £300 (in Ireland)... don't know the brand or anything like that (it was a strange present) :p
It's comfy though... big and comfy.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Embattle said:
I had a leather chair which cost £100 but ended up replacing it with a bog standard chair after getting spots on the back of my legs during the summer heat.

That would be sweat, the prescribed antidote being to have a wash every so often.

Dirty bastard.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I have a bent wobbly chair that was supplied by teh university. Its horrid. But at parents house i have a leather chair from viking direct which cost me £50 and is very comfy

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Try a second hand office furniture place. I bought some £400 german made office chairs for 30 clams - indestructible and comfy.

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
Embattle said:

Why not just stick a sheet over it, that what I did with my leather chair

I don't know were my chair came from it was a birthday present but its pretty comfortable and has the tilt on it so I can get that "Shit I'm gonna fall off the back of it" when I lean back :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Tom said:
That would be sweat, the prescribed antidote being to have a wash every so often.

Dirty bastard.

Yes it would be sweat caused by heat and insulated by a leather chair :p

Embattle

FH is my second home
PR. said:
Why not just stick a sheet over it, that what I did with my leather chair

I don't know were my chair came from it was a birthday present but its pretty comfortable and has the tilt on it so I can get that "Shit I'm gonna fall off the back of it" when I lean back :)

I stuck a blanket over it but still I found myself getting too hot and found it rather pointless in having a leather chair when doing so ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Do Laz-Y-boy make office chairs?

pixie

Fledgling Freddie
TedTheDog said:

Theres a couple on ebay

C

Commodore

RandomBastard said:
I have a bent wobbly chair that was supplied by teh university. Its horrid. But at parents house i have a leather chair from viking direct which cost me £50 and is very comfy

The cheap high-back leather chairs from Viking are excellent. I have two of them at home!

Their Matrix chair is only £34.99 (includes free delivery as its over £30) plus VAT.

Go here for more info Viking Matrix Leather Chair

Hope this helps!

Chris

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
The viking chairs are a pile of shit. Comfy for short periods of time but if you use em longterm they aint no good.

Wij is teh smelleh.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
TedTheDog said:

not only is TTD old but it seems he is wise too, thats is the best chair yer can get extremly comfortable in standard form but with all the extras it better the "fucing brilliant" brand its around £700 but can be hand second hand for qround £300

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Swift^ said:
Has no-one suggested Wij's lap yet?

I'm disappointed.

Every1s afaird of being tickled by Wij's tickle stick. Besides arn't you occupying it?

mank!

Part of the furniture
I bought a chair from Argos similar to the one I've got. It tried to kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom