QuakeWorld server mod

C

cosmos

and someone from WH who are the only clan to use the bookable server? (every week!)

H

HangTime

Monday, Wednesday or Thursday next week after 8pm is ok with me (maybe earlier on thursday would be possible). I will try and draw up a brief agenda of items I think need discussing.

O

old.matsui

times

monday 8pm sounds good to me also, natrat?

H

HangTime

8pm? Later would be ok too if you prefer, but I can't guarentee I'll be available any earlier than that.

N

natrat

Tonight 8pm is fine for me, be warned though I've got the flu so stand back ;)

Lets do it on quakenet in #bwqw

N

natrat

Lads, sorry about last night, got the flu and feeling icky. I'm going to work off Hangtime's agenda, and talk to him about any details needed. Will start work on it next week.

O

oldman

heh dont think

N

natrat

Some of you may have noticed that on Friday the QuakeWorld CA and Duel box died (213.221.174.98). Investigation this morning reveals what appears to be a totally dead PSU. This box was down for de-commissioning shortly anyway, and we already have the replacement kit for it, so don't worry. It will take some time to get it up and running on the new kit though(we are doing quite a large decomissioning and re-arrangement onto new boxes and are still planning what is going where and with what else) so please be patient.

cheers,
n

O

oldman

may as well put ktpro/mvdsv etc. on the new box then seeing as it'll be a fresh install anyhow :)

oi btw.......will the new machine be faster? :p

O

oldman

would be nice to have an update on the current ETA of the return of the duel servers :)

N

natrat

It will be this week. I'm still moving servers around to maek the most of some new hardware and haven't yet freed up an entire box to put it on yet. Patience, oh jedi (i know, it's been ages).

C

cosmos

Yes!
3 Weeks and we are finally back where we started.

C

cosmos

I started a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/BWKTPRO/petition.html . Go sign it at once!
HangTime ^

ok, 98 signatures.
Look at the effort people have put in please to trying to get you to change.
(ConnectFree changed to ktpro within 20mins I believe)
It's getting quite fucking pathetic.
I am very bored of this shit and if you expect anyone (qw) to use pay-per-play thingy after this.

GG Barrysworld you're the last (in the world?) to change to KTPRO

O

oldman

tis true, i sent the same setup pack of maps/configs to connectfree and barrys at the same time on irc

connectfree had 2 servers converted within 10 minutes and the rest were all done by next morning

please hurry cos people need some good uk servers with .mvd recording on which to play nqr and smackdown games....

C

cosmos

note: This thread was started on January 1st

C

cenobite

Pay per Play for QuakeWorld heh I presume that was a joke? :>

C

cosmos

I assumed all servers were going pay per play.

N

natrat

QW duel etc will be upgraded this week lads.

N

natrat

TDM and Duel are now running KTPro with new variables oldman sent me.

They are not running on QW Extended project server though, as this server appears to not like multiple instances - it caused the cpu's on the KTpro QW box to fluctuate drmatically, and use up to 60% of both cpu's with nobody on the servers (it's usually 0-1% with qwsv 2.33).

Any comments, yell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom