qq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Thread killing season has begun again, mighty fine job mods, lol. The threads / people that kept this forum semi funny at the least are now closed or banned and the ones left are the same boring stuff we've over and over again. " ~rolls eyes~ ".

I wonder why you are closing stuff, wtf does it matter anyway, be glad people enjoy posting on your forum and stop ruining it for them since they're clearly not doing anything offensive are they. Why do you even create this forum if you don't tolerate the posts on it (im talking about the spam, not personal attacks).

It's an insult to your own intelligence to expect people not to spam in an offtopic forum fyi.

Such a joke, I suppose this thread will be closed/deleted like all the others because it's easier than making up a decent reply because that requires " ~gasp~ " thinking. It's a bit like the people you banned, close threads without thinking == post without thinking. The first pisses nearly everyone on the forum off, the second one pisses the mods off for no reason.

eot is kinda dead already, if this threads get closed for fuck all reason im also gonna stop bother reading it.. not that anyone would care tho :D

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
/agree :clap:

(altho I'd never stop reading this forum, even if no one ever posted, cos I am truly addicted)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Go and take a look at the main DAOC OT area. Read some of the threads. See how many threads have been locked there. Next, take a look at the threads in eOT, look at some of the locked ones and try to grasp the concept that an Off Topic forum is still bound by the same rules of the forum as a whole and, whilst non-DAOC related posts can be fun and an interesting diversion from the main game discussion, random crap, insults, flames, mod baiting and alot of the other crap to be found here deserves to be closed in light of the code of conduct.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, and actually, yesterdays thread by Adari was quite light hearted to begin with until a ---(dare I say it)--- "non-regular" came along and stuck their nose in and got everyone in defensive mode. Then the abuse started and it just got silly.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
[QUOTE='Shy]Yes, and actually, yesterdays thread by Adari was quite light hearted to begin with until a ---(dare I say it)--- "non-regular" came along and stuck their nose in and got everyone in defensive mode. Then the abuse started and it just got silly.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday's thread by Adari had my stomach turning at the first post, Shy. I know that Adari has previously been 'educated' in the nature of the terms used and frankly found it appalling the way people jumped on the bandwagon.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
At the first post??? All he was doing was making funs of his classmates who couldn't access the internet cos he was on the only pc that worked. It was the others afterwards that took the words too literally.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Yea, you're being ridiculous Jupitus.

Your analysing every word I type to see if there might be some sort of backward way to blame me for insulting an armless, legless, goatless and parentless boy in Bolshevakaligooshen who failed his last maths test and won't be given a golden tooth by the government.

Just, back off, please, and let us post.

eOT was more of a community than a forum. We enjoyed posting on eOT only and we do not bother with other OT forums. You can't compare it with general OT or prydwen OT, they will say the same, they have their own regular users. If you want everything to be the same then why the hell bother making 3 OT forums.

The eOT feeling and our community has been completely ripped apart and destroyed now anyway.

Thanks.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
And also, my last thread was NOT constant mod baiting at all. It was a thread about what to discuss today. And it started to turn into a discussion about FFXI. Now I shall have to make a new one because you closed that one :(

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]And also, my last thread was NOT constant mod baiting at all. It was a thread about what to discuss today. And it started to turn into a discussion about FFXI. Now I shall have to make a new one because you closed that one :([/QUOTE]

2 posts about ffxi and your latest wasnt related to ffxi, also the mods seem to like to have threads start with a subject instead of let a thread hopefully evolve one on its own.

and adari allthough your post wasnt actually wrong, the thread turned into a flame fest so enough reason to lock it.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
[QUOTE='Shy]And also, my last thread was NOT constant mod baiting at all. It was a thread about what to discuss today. And it started to turn into a discussion about FFXI. Now I shall have to make a new one because you closed that one :([/QUOTE]

Then thank Vodka Fairy, and you responded in kind so you have yourself to blame too.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Go and take a look at the main DAOC OT area. Read some of the threads. See how many threads have been locked there. Next, take a look at the threads in eOT, look at some of the locked ones and try to grasp the concept that an Off Topic forum is still bound by the same rules of the forum as a whole and, whilst non-DAOC related posts can be fun and an interesting diversion from the main game discussion, random crap, insults, flames, mod baiting and alot of the other crap to be found here deserves to be closed in light of the code of conduct.
I tend to stay out off these silly battles but this is taking the mickey.

OT
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7583
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=6582
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7018
eOT
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7770
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7521
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7634 (actualy not sure who locked it, tho pretty sure its not shy )

those 3 OT threads are pure spam and imho not much diffrent from the eOT threads. (I could even argue that some of the eOT posts are less spammy then the OT listed threads)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
sibanac said:

OT
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=6582
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7018
eOT
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7770
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7521
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=7634 (actualy not sure who locked it, tho pretty sure its not shy )

those 3 OT threads are pure spam and imho not much diffrent from the eOT threads. (I could even argue that some of the eOT posts are less spammy then the OT listed threads)

ot thread #1 was actually a tribute to old OT allthough you would have to be a real oldie to know the forumites (atleast I have only heard of them :p). It could be compared to dills bored thread which is still open.

#2 is sort of similar to Adari's thread which got closed (not cause of spam, but due to being a flame fest).

#3 is a thread that indeed would be closed on eOT

now eOT #1 isnt the same as OT #1 as there is no discussion and it differs slightly from OT #2 as it doesnt state anything.

eOT#2 was closed because it was a pm, this happens on every board.

and #3 the question was answered, but it could have stayed open imo.

Also eOT needs stricter moderation as when you give OT a finger they wont take the whole arm, but eOT has a tendency to do just that.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
sibanac said:

OT

Thread has content discussing the whereabout of some of the old forumites. Perfectly legit off topic thread.

Not much content, probably could be closed, not offensive in any way though.

Again, not alot of content, no offensive stuff *shrug* probably could be closed but has died it's own death. Contrary to popular hearsay, mods don't live and breathe purely to close threads and ban people, and if a thread dies of it's own free will then we often leave it at that. This is already about 15 threads down the page and above are mostly decent off topic threads.

eOT
VF's 'I bet this gets closed' comments are aimed at the mods and trying to provoke is getting on my tits, as per my explanation given.

Ziva explains that a PM should have been used instead.

I don't know who locked it, but it was borderline to being pm material in the first place as Shy admits.

Having 2 spammy threads out of 15 is not a big deal, and hence they either go unnoticed or we let them go as they're not offensive. The bulk of the closed threads in eOT recently have stemmed from people mod-baiting or provoking, abusive behaviour and flaming.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
You mods are blatantly growing personal grudges against us in eOT.
The amount of locked threads is RIDICULOUS. Example: Shy makes a thread asking where sibnac is, it gets locked. Someone else makes a thread asking where old forumites are, what's the difference ?

I make a thread talking about Sissy Sig, that thread could of tuned out into a nice convo between us in eOT, but you close it. Someone in OT makes a thread with one word, the word pie, you let it carry on and leave it ? one frigging word and you leave it open? YEAH WAS A GREAT THREAD!

In the other thread Shy made asking what everyone was doing today you decided to lock too, why? Mod baiting? do you even know WHY everyone mod baits so much? Because my friend you lock so many threads that people are going to start to take the piss.

Your only defence seems to be that in these threads you didn't lock no-one was abusive, please show me in one instance of the threads i did mention that someone was abusive?
I LOVED posting on BW, back when we had an entire different set of mods that knew what they were doing, the only kind of thread that got locked was the abusive ones which is fair enough. Leave the damn threads open, that's why it's called OFF TOPIC, we should be able to post anyhing thats none abusive.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
VF's 'I bet this gets closed' comments are aimed at the mods and trying to provoke is getting on my tits, as per my explanation given.

If you actually mean that you're really taking the piss, LOL. People ask for an explanation why mods are being so extremely strict for no reason at all, and instead of getting one, the thread is locked. And when I asume you will continue this trend of not telling anything but just locking, it gets on your tits? Guess what, it gets on my tits we get fuck all info for this insane mod behaviour.

But hey, we should be happy you host everything, right? Some host you are if nobody can be arsed to post here ;)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Vodkafairy said:
People ask for an explanation why mods are being so extremely strict for no reason at all, and instead of getting one, the thread is locked.

I have tried to offer more explanation of how stuff gets modded in this thread, but in Shy's thread what I was seeing was sarcastic 'let's see how quick a mod closes this thread' spam which I considered baiting so I closed it.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
They're past any kind of humour, obviously :eek:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
I have tried to offer more explanation of how stuff gets modded in this thread, but in Shy's thread what I was seeing was sarcastic 'let's see how quick a mod closes this thread' spam which I considered baiting so I closed it.

HAHAHA this can't be real. I turn your ridiculess modding into a tiny semi funny joke and it gets locked for mod baiting. Where is your sense of houmour and tolerance of other people's humour? :D

Because you don't share the same sense of humour and interest you just asume it's all crap and needs to be locked? Funny :p

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
FoxeH said:
They're past any kind of humour, obviously :eek:

FoxeH said:
THIS IS A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE TALK
who are you to close a thread? i prefer forumscuz u dont have to talk to the person on msn and they can be on at any time etc. so stop closing threads, it's unsociable, idiots
give up and get a life, does it matter if you close the thread? does it matter at the end ofn the day when u goto bed you say to your self OMG I CLOSED 50 THREADS TODAY MY NAME IS SHARMA I AM FEARED. NO YOUR A TWAT

TWATS

Is it suprising that I'm inclined to think people are mod-baiting?

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
That's not mod baiting, is it?
It's stating facts

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Is it suprising that I'm inclined to think people are mod-baiting?

Is it surprising I think you see little stars flying around your head with "mod-baiting" written on them?

Oops, I did it again.

Seriously though, I'm not even going to explain why it's ridiculess, it just is. Relax a bit ffs :p Mod baiting isn't the end of the world fyi, it's fun. It's like either the crap teachers who either act like nazi's and punish you for joking and the cool ones that join in until you cross the line.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
FoxeH said:
You mods are blatantly growing personal grudges against us in eOT.
The amount of locked threads is RIDICULOUS. Example: Shy makes a thread asking where sibnac is, it gets locked. Someone else makes a thread asking where old forumites are, what's the difference ?

shhy made a thread asking Sibanac why he wasnt playing FFXI, people made a thread remembering the old forumites/asking to everyone where they were as they didnt know if they were on the forum/what their nicks would be. Difference being that shy knew who to approach and the forumites didnt.

I make a thread talking about Sissy Sig, that thread could of tuned out into a nice convo between us in eOT, but you close it. Someone in OT makes a thread with one word, the word pie, you let it carry on and leave it ? one frigging word and you leave it open? YEAH WAS A GREAT THREAD!
but allowing this on daoc OT still doesnt mean that there are 20 threads start every day, but if they did allow this on eOT then there would be 40 every day (and yes this has happened).

and it has been said that FH isnt exactly BW at the start several times, there wont be as much spam allowed as earlier (threads talking about how everyone is this morning is chit chat and classed as spam on these boards). Off course if a forum can have decent threads with the occasional spam thread or is so inactive that there are only 30 spam posts a day then that is different from having some decent threads and mostly spam threads.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
shhy made a thread asking Sibanac why he wasnt playing FFXI, people made a thread remembering the old forumites/asking to everyone where they were as they didnt know if they were on the forum/what their nicks would be. Difference being that shy knew who to approach and the forumites didnt.
It doesn't matter, does it? As she said, other people might be wondering where the guy was so she didn't make it a PM, this IMO is grounds to keep a thread open. It's exactly the same as the other thread really, asking who/where people are.

Driwen said:
but allowing this on daoc OT still doesnt mean that there are 20 threads start every day, but if they did allow this on eOT then there would be 40 every day (and yes this has happened).
Slight exaggeration, maybe? A hell of alot more people use OT than eOT, I think yuo got this wrong somewhere.

Driwen said:
(threads talking about how everyone is this morning is chit chat and classed as spam on these boards). Off course if a forum can have decent threads with the occasional spam thread or is so inactive that there are only 30 spam posts a day then that is different from having some decent threads and mostly spam threads.
What and a thread asking how everyones day was is grounds for a lock and the thread with one word, pie, stays open? Doesn't make sense mate.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:

I think all you do is lock posts and say "You can't do this", tbh.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:

the forumite thread start contains no text, at the end of the first page Sharma post the first post containing some text at the end of the first page. if the same post was made in eOT it would be locked before the 5th post.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
sibanac said:
the forumite thread start contains no text, at the end of the first page Sharma post the first post containing some text at the end of the first page. if the same post was made in eOT it would be locked before the 5th post.

In fact that thread didn't even start off like it actually meant anything. It was just a picture of a "twactor!!11".

:m00:

Adari

Part of the furniture
And I'd like you to explain how you find my thread about college so wrong, rather than posting about it without even telling me.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Hm, nm, I see, people taking the word "mong" too serius ~rolls eyes~

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Adari said:
Hm, nm, I see, people taking the word "mong" too serius ~rolls eyes~

Lol mong, adari you mong. lol irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom