qq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
And I'd like you to explain how you find my thread about college so wrong, rather than posting about it without even telling me.

jupitus didnt close it, but he took the word mong literally. However the thread didnt get closed for that, it got closed because sissy/ala/tris were having a flamefest in the thread.

and foxeh you are really trying to ignore some of my points? If you let daoc OT unmodded it runs reasonably fine, if you let eOT unmodded there will be alot of spam threads around that is atleast one reason why eOT is modded harder than almost any other board. Also eOT has probably the same amount of people using it as daoc OT except that eOT might be more active.
However the thing is that if the 10 replies made in a forum a day are for 90% spammy it isnt so bad, but if the 1000 replies made in a forum a day are for 70% than it is worth modding away the 70%, as the spam leads to other thread that are wanted cant be actually read(besides the 700 replies does actually cost serverload/bandwith while 9 replies isnt something they would worry about).

If you would all stop whining about how unfair the mods are treating this board and actually didnt make 5 threads when 3 people got banned and 5 threads when a mod closes a series of thread than maybe they would actually be less hard in their modding...

And the tractor thread did have meaning, except it was hidden the tractor refered to uncle sick and allthough it might have been closed. If you explained to mods what it actually meant to the community of that forum, it would possibly be re opened (yes closed threads even on eOT have been reopened).

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
sigh @ you driwen

The only reason I made a new thread is cus I havn't seen a decent response from any of the mods of why all these posts are being closed, and I still have yet to see one with an argument I can understand.

Waiting for the "its our forum & you can fo"-like comment because its obviously coming, like last time.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
And the tractor thread did have meaning, except it was hidden the tractor refered to uncle sick and allthough it might have been closed. If you explained to mods what it actually meant to the community of that forum, it would possibly be re opened (yes closed threads even on eOT have been reopened).

Is there a hidden meaning to the pie thread? :)

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
and foxeh you are really trying to ignore some of my points?
Errr, wha?

Why are you trying to single us out? I don't really understand what you mean, ANY board that is unmodded will turn into chaos. Off-topic means what it says, not DAoC related, soo, I really don't know how you can call anything in an Off-Topic section spam, unless, like the pie thread.

I don't know what your trying to prove with all these numbers you've cherned out, but they show no relevence to anything that's going on.

No, they wouldn't go easier on their modding, why would they start now? They've done it from the start and will continue to. Half the locked threads on this board were un-needed and done out of spite.

The tractor thread might of had meaning, but seriously how many people would actually get it, a hidden meaning? Right... I could say the same about the pie thread, couldn't I? Our point is that if it had been created in eOT by one of us then it would of been locked a few minutes later. Don't go on about BS, threads don't get re-opened, infact, it's never even happened, once a mod has his mind made up, what's the point? It's their forum, remember?

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Having 2 spammy threads out of 15 is not a big deal, and hence they either go unnoticed or we let them go as they're not offensive. The bulk of the closed threads in eOT recently have stemmed from people mod-baiting or provoking, abusive behaviour and flaming.
a) the tractor thread started as a pure spam thread only by page 2 there was actualy any content
b) about the mod baiting, the mod baiting starts every after 'ironfist modding', still it shouldnt happen but it is an indicator of an existing problem
And why do the mods keep biting, everytime you close a bait thread you give them what they realy want, ignore it and most will just get some silly spam and die a quick death

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
FoxeH said:
Errr, wha?

Why are you trying to single us out? I don't really understand what you mean, ANY board that is unmodded will turn into chaos. Off-topic means what it says, not DAoC related, soo, I really don't know how you can call anything in an Off-Topic section spam, unless, like the pie thread.

I don't know what your trying to prove with all these numbers you've cherned out, but they show no relevence to anything that's going on.

0 threads locked on daoc OT on page 1 and no real problem with it getting badly spammed, while enough people read it and knowing that eOT has had times were all threads on page 1 were off the same day and almost only created/bumped by spam. There is a difference between eOT, general and daoc OT I am not singling eOT out, I am merely pointing out that eOT has had a history of being spammy and that unless its modded strictly it will get out of hand. Thats why pie thread on daoc OT is allowed and not here, because on daoc OT there will be 1 and on eOT there will be 10, 1 is ok 10 isnt.

No, they wouldn't go easier on their modding, why would they start now? They've done it from the start and will continue to. Half the locked threads on this board were un-needed and done out of spite.

ah yes off course but arent those threads who are locked mostly made out of spite in the first place (except the ones who could were in fact pm's or just spam)?

Don't go on about BS, threads don't get re-opened, infact, it's never even happened, once a mod has his mind made up, what's the point? It's their forum, remember?

BUULLSHIT

thread have been reopened on excal ot on BW and on FH. It doesnt happen often, but it does happen and did happen (cba searching for it, but trust me it did).

And they will lessen the modding they have done it earlier on FH and then strengthened and lessened again and strengthened again. I cant be bothered to check how strict they were at start compared to now, but there have been lapses in the modding.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
Thats why pie thread on daoc OT is allowed and not here, because on daoc OT there will be 1 and on eOT there will be 10, 1 is ok 10 isnt.
Well, tbh, if you don't call that singling people out I don't know what the hell is. So your saying that if i made a thread on OT just saying pie, it would be fine, but if I made one of eOT it would be locked....
WTF?

Driwen said:
ah yes off course but arent those threads who are locked mostly made out of spite in the first place (except the ones who could were in fact pm's or just spam)?
If you read what I said earlier I wrote that i agreed to locking threads that abusive to anyone. Lol, you even said it yourself that it is spite. "Thats why pie thread on daoc OT is allowed and not here" Your own words tbh, disgraceful
Driwen said:
thread have been reopened on excal ot on BW and on FH. It doesnt happen often, but it does happen and did happen (cba searching for it, but trust me it did).
Find 1 plz

Driwen said:
And they will lessen the modding they have done it earlier on FH and then strengthened and lessened again and strengthened again. I cant be bothered to check how strict they were at start compared to now, but there have been lapses in the modding.
Yea we can all say BS with no proof

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
eOT brings tears to my eyes these days. It used to be such a warm friendly place but now it seems more like some oppressed 3rd world nation where outspoken people are carted off and never heard from again.

Okay, mebbe 'warm' and 'friendly' are a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea...

And Driwen? Tris- soooooo started it by being a moron! Not my fault he is too stupid to read between the lines...or even the lines themselves. :mad:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I hate tris- coz of the things he said about me in my sig

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I think it was a really weak attempt at irony.

Doesn't make him any less of a bell end though. :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
VF, when are you going to stop going against the mods?

You aren't smart enough to win.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
VF, when are you going to stop going against the mods?

You aren't smart enough to win.

I usually don't go against the mods unless it becomes extreme like this, and I don't want to win anything fyi, just wondering what their problem is... But they don't respond with any decent arguments to explain this strict modding... <shrug>

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
they dont need to reply

they dont mod any more harsh than they need to, people act like retards = ban

making new threads about fuck all = closed

simple

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I swear I wasn't flaming tris (much), I was trying to ascertain wether or not he had ever laughed at anyone 'less fortunate' than himself cos he was acting so righteous dude! I just thought I was helping him...relax. I'm shocked that anyone would think I truly flame anyone here :( I love everyone here....EVERYONE I TELL YOU!!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Ala, your desperate attempts to make a post with content that is at least MILDLY funny are failing.

Just stop, please :(

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
shh st.. ala has supposedly posted at least 100 times that we are on ignore, yes we missed that part but ok.

HI ALA
:D

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
If you have such a problem with this place, fuck off and start your own forums.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
GekuL said:
If you have such a problem with this place, fuck off and start your own forums.
I knew it :p

VodkaFairy said:
Waiting for the "its our forum & you can fo"-like comment because its obviously coming, like last time.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
fuck off to general
I used to play DaoC, and I thought the majority of players were cocks then. My opinion hasn't changed.

Vodkafairy said:
I knew it :p

It's not my forum, I haven't even paid subs. Truth is, it's the FH lads doing you the favour here.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah bunch of cocks, especially those twats that kept leveling bg alt after bg alt, just so that they could kill people who didnt know what they were doing... :p

fuck off to general

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lifespan expiration for this thread as per so many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom