QQ prydwen dying

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
After 60 server delay spikes and lots of LD'ing.. the server is dying :< :E

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
my lag just disapeared like 1 min ago.. was getting delays of about 20 seconds though :eek:

all of us doing ML1 was getting 60s lag and then we all LD'ed :E

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
i blame you guys for my lag then! >.<

=< personly I blame the muppet that installed GoA's Server and didnt put the cables in right lol

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Been on Pryd all last night from about 5pm to 6am and again today from about noon to a few minutes ago and had zero lag running around in frontiers/ToA/Camelot city and classic zones. Whatever lag you're getting isn't server side.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
Been on Pryd all last night from about 5pm to 6am and again today from about noon to a few minutes ago and had zero lag running around in frontiers/ToA/Camelot city and classic zones. Whatever lag you're getting isn't server side.

yeah ofc.. teh 2 FG's that Ld'ed becuase of it in TOA.. yeah its our pc ofc.. and the fact that the server droped in population by over 100 ppl.. get a clue and it was only TOA that was effected.. and after we all Ld'ed it was gone :p

Gamah

Banned
UndyingAngel said:
yeah ofc.. teh 2 FG's that Ld'ed becuase of it in TOA.. yeah its our pc ofc.. and the fact that the server droped in population by over 100 ppl.. get a clue and it was only TOA that was effected.. and after we all Ld'ed it was gone :p

Spelling rocks your world :(

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Lag isn't really different to my usual computer lag, so I don't really notice it, and/or care ;)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
Right because of course all lag is caused either by your computer or the servers and nothing else in the whole internet has anything to do with it.... :rolleyes:
Sounds to me like a routing problem to be honest.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
Right because of course all lag is caused either by your computer or the servers and nothing else in the whole internet has anything to do with it.... :rolleyes:
Sounds to me like a routing problem to be honest.

no it really wasnt.. when the lag started I ran Ping pottler, do you want the fucking graph.. some of .. work with networks, and IP routing for a job.. you however sound like a fucking jobless twat, who just copy and pastes shit from other parts of the forum. so come back again.. with somthing constuructive, it wasnt just me as I pointed out in my last post everyone that was in my guild had the same problem in TOA and they are from all over europe.. its was a server probelm .. and that is the end of the matter tbfh.,

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
no it really wasnt.. when the lag started I ran Ping pottler, do you want the fucking graph.. some of .. work with networks, and IP routing for a job.. you however sound like a fucking jobless twat, who just copy and pastes shit from other parts of the forum. so come back again.. with somthing constuructive, it wasnt just me as I pointed out in my last post everyone that was in my guild had the same problem in TOA and they are from all over europe.. its was a server probelm .. and that is the end of the matter tbfh.,
Right so it's a server problem that magically only affects people in your guild? I was in pretty much every zone of the server over the last night and this afternoon and as I said I experienced zero lag.

If you did work with IP routing and networks you'd know that there's a high chance that people from all over Europe will be routed through the same hubs even though they are coming from differnt ISPs in different areas. If one of those hubs has a problem then loads of people will have a problem. I don't route through any international hubs to get to the servers so I'm thinking that's why I didn't encounter the problem that you did. But then like every other clueless whinger you're an internet professional so you knew that right?

Mey

Part of the furniture
UndyingAngel said:
no it really wasnt.. when the lag started I ran Ping pottler, do you want the fucking graph.. some of .. work with networks, and IP routing for a job..

Get beaten down in an argument claim you’re an expert in the field, o how the internet is a wonderful place.

P.s the comment about Chretien was out of order in my opinion

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Send your Ping Plots and your problem will be recognized as a problem in 5 months and will be fixed in 10, np. Been there, done that.
And don´t you forget: It´s not GoA´s problem, Servers are running fine, the problem must be somewhere between you and GoA, so not much you (or anyone) can do really.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Right so it's a server problem that magically only affects people in your guild? I was in pretty much every zone of the server over the last night and this afternoon and as I said I experienced zero lag.

If you did work with IP routing and networks you'd know that there's a high chance that people from all over Europe will be routed through the same hubs even though they are coming from differnt ISPs in different areas. If one of those hubs has a problem then loads of people will have a problem. I don't route through any international hubs to get to the servers so I'm thinking that's why I didn't encounter the problem that you did. But then like every other clueless whinger you're an internet professional so you knew that right?

Undyingangel got pwned hard imo

Have to agree with chret played all weekend and didn't have a spot of lag... that wasn't caused by me running into a zerg at mach 6 that is :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
This message is hidden because Shanaia is on your ignore list.

Jup... and almost as relyable as the lag are the GoA fanboys who´re popping up in threads like this like the bunch of assassins around a solo caster at Beno bridge. I guess there´s no lag inside GoA´s @ss.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Jup... and almost as relyable as the lag are the GoA fanboys who´re popping up in threads like this like the bunch of assassins around a solo caster at Beno bridge. I guess there´s no lag inside GoA´s @ss.
So I'm not getting lag because I'm a Goa fanboy? Explain that one to me please? Milkybar said he was getting lag from the servers. I said that I'd not had any lag over the period that he mentioned and that therefore it's wasn't likely to be server lag. Server lag = everyone gets it not just random people. Unlike the original poster I know a bit about how the internet works and I know that there is no way you can have a lag free service unless Goa run their own cables to your house from their servers. I very rarely get any lag that isn't down to either shit routing, my dying graphics card or massive zergs. A handful of people going LD while everyone else plays happily is not server lag.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I wasn´t refering to you or your post... that´s why I didn´t quote you, did I?

Instead, I was refering to the time it took them to even recognize the last period of lag as a problem (despite Servers are running fine etc.) and the fact that people are being turned down by a bunch of half-wits like the one I quoted whenever they dare to start a thread that´s even marginally criticizing GoA and its Services. If you´re bringing clean, good arguments about the issue, then there´s nothing wrong with that. However, threads like this one are important to the community, be it to just ventilate some frustration, or just be it to find out if anyone else is having problems. And mindless, naive defending (and dissing people who´re just excercising their customer rights... regardless whether it´s correct or not) is counter-productive. *That´s* what´s pissing me off and that´s what made me write the above reply, not your comments.

And back to topic: you know that Server lag is NOT = all people are lagging. It´s perfectly possible to lag in one zone and play happily in another zone.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
I'm so pwoud, I'm on someone's ignore list!

:cheers:

Has nothing to do with being a fanboi ... there is plenty of times I critisize goa but since I have them on my MSN I do it directly rather then screaming d000m d0000m every time someone has lag because their isp is having a shit day.

It is so easy to jump to conclusions ... easy and childish though ... takes a bit of brain to sit back and see the big picture.

Woot scrounging bastard AND on someone's ignore list in the same week woohoo!

edit after actually reading Thor's post: ... rofl @ saying that defending GOA = counterproductive ... I mean... hahaha

Permaflaming and constantly asking the same questions ... that is counterproductive.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
LawBringer said:
I caused the lag - there you go now you got something tangible to blame :)

ffs LawBringer sucks, always lagging everything :(

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I blame Fat b0i Marc tbh ... combination of Dyes and his play syle .. twisting the way he does has to make something lagg ;P

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Re-reading my posts, I`d like to say that I had a pretty bad day yesterday and overreacted a bit. So, Shanaia, I´d like to apologize for the harsh tone I used against you.

However, my POV still stands, it *is* counterproductive, *especially* when you sit back and take a look at the big picture. But nevermind, that´s not the topic we´re discussing here. This meta-discussion would be worth discussing in a separate thread, but I don´t have the time and patience at the moment.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
apology accepted and I have to say that I do see your point :)

Mindlessly jumping in to defend something/someone is just as bad as the forumtrolls that mindlessly jump in to attack that same something/someone on every occasion ... I just hope that I bring more then mindlessly jumping in... the thing is if nobody contradicts the trolls, if nobody is the voice of reason people might start believing the trolls ... and I think that wouldn't be good for all of us.

But ya lets have this discussion some other time ... if ever.

fortunefish

Banned
Because im God i say

Lag was very stlong yesterday atleast 5 LD's and some over 10s leg spikes pefore returning to find my pet has run into pygmy gobo house and as i ` my screen around i see the rest of grp luying on the floor half of em ld the rest swearing at me. i wasnt happy.

Anyway

Im and adicit...I know it

Hugs all round

FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom