Qizmo Help!!

O

old.jekyll

Hello All,

Can you help out a new Qizmo user? You see i've been away from QW for some time, but now im back! and i finally took the plunge to use a proxy. I was told that Qizmo was the best so ive downloaded the latest version and got it running. Thing is, i dont know how to use its lag improvement features. I found a link to a guide at Barrysworld but the page is no longer there! Can anyone help? Also when i come out of Qizmo and go back in, all my server settings are reset to default??? (ie filters, servers etc) Any help there?
Cheers you lot and see you in hte killing fields!!

H

HangTime

in order to use qizmo compression u need to connect to a public qizmo (usually barrysworld). type
".con archroy.barrysworld.com" or
".con archroy.barrysworld.com:27501".
once connected to the public proxy, type "ezcomp" to enable compression, it should say "s2c/cs2 compression enabled" if u do this correctly. then to connect to an actual game server, use ",con <ip>".

all commands prefixed with . will be executed by the first qizmo in the chain, and those by , will be done by the second. a common mistake for qizmo newbies to make is to use .con to connect to a server, which connects from their local qizmo, and not the public one thus severing the link and losing the benefits of compression.

in order for your settings to be there next time u load qw/qizmo u need to save your config, under config manager in the menu. it will save it based on your name, so if u reconnect to it at a later date u will need to change name back and reload it. if however u are not an aliasing c$%t0r then your config should load automatically on connection if u save it.

there are some guides to qizmo @ http://www.challenge-world.com/3ac/qizmo and http://hosted.barrysworld.com/cenobite/proxy.htm , altho these dont really describe a lot of the features u can use. make sure you have a good look thru the qizmo readme, there is some useful stuff buried in there :)

O

old.jekyll

Qizmo

Thanks a lot Hang Time :) Thats a great help.
Hope to see you on the BW Duel servers sometime so i can thank you in person, and you'll prolly kick me butt too :p

Users who are viewing this thread