Q2 Losers

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
For the #freddyshouse IRC bods :-

Comparing q2 to QW is like comparing wanking to sex, both are fun but I know what I'd rather do.

Discuss ....

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Does that include wanking into some tart's face ? 'Cos I luv that.

I

ivo

qw takes about as much skill as cycling a bike.. "funny" the way people who slag games are ALWAYS shite at them..

Sar

Part of the furniture
I began playing online with my first clan in Q2 in '97.

Although I've been playing online since the days of DN3d and Q1 (and this was prior to QW being released afaik).

That'll be 8 years or so next May or so I think.

Still remember the advice given to me by a guy in BT (where I was working at the time) when I first looked into going online in early '96:

"Don't bother, it's not worth the trouble. It'll all die down in a few months".

Slightly wrong then.

:D

Embattle

FH is my second home
Q2 > QW - To this day I still haven't played QW, it was for no other reason than I hated the poo pallet used to colour Q1 :(

Clown

Part of the furniture
I can't be arsed to discuss, but if this was a vote, I would have to vote for Q2. I ain't played QW anyway, BUT AT LEAST IM STILL PLAY Q2 NOW! It must rock :)

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Q1 was my first online game. Q2 was an ok game, but I uninstalled it after a month or so and carried on playing qw until Q3 came out cos it was much better imo. I always felt qw was the proper gamers fps, while Q2 was 'bells and whistles' and reminded me of UT ;)

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
ivo said:
qw takes about as much skill as cycling a bike.. "funny" the way people who slag games are ALWAYS shite at them..
I expect all the olympic standard cyclists are really poor sportsmen!

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
Look theyre both very good games in their own respect :)

I used to play Q2 a lot, enjoyed it, fun game, has its quirks and features that make it fun.

Only started playing QW recently, Thats fun too, a lot faster paced than Q2, a lot more scope to "get good" and a bigger potential gap between newbies and the elite.

soulthief

Fledgling Freddie
This is all heresy, the best online game ever was Duke Nukem 3D - the shrinker gun (where you'd run after your victim trying to stamp on him), the freeze gun, the pipe bombs, the trip bombs.

Certainly the most fun online FPS I ever played.

SUCK IT DOWN!!

U

UThikoloshe

q2 was the best. havent found something i like as much as that. All the double jumping and circle straffe and stuff. unrealistic, but fun.

*sigh*

Embattle

FH is my second home
I and a few others mainly play on the Jolt Aq2 sponsored by Cute & Cuddly server.

ghoulert

Fledgling Freddie
Action Quake 2, is, and forever will be the best mod for any of the quake games :) in my oppinion atleast :mad:

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
well obviously youre a chump cos rocket arena was clearly the best mod for any of the quake games :p

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
RA2 was the first ever Q2 mod I played, and the first ever online game of any sort I played, I think. (I got the internet late.) And I loved it at the time, but the time I spent playing it was miniscule compared to the time I spent playing AQ2. AQ2 was awesome.

It's too bad CS (Crap Shit) came along and killed the community by stealing everyone away. Fuckers.

dfu_ker

Fledgling Freddie
All I can say is:-

Does any other game have q2dm1?

Cheap imatations were tried but in the end there is only one perfect level for all time. All wars and disputes should be decided over a deathmatch on q2dm1!!!

pixel

Fledgling Freddie
differant games, differant styles of play, differant eras, differant interests to differant people.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
*Different. Wouldn't have been so bad except you used it five times :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
dfu_ker said:
All I can say is:-

Does any other game have q2dm1?

Cheap imatations were tried but in the end there is only one perfect level for all time. All wars and disputes should be decided over a deathmatch on q2dm1!!!

Yes. QW has it. Wanna copy ?

L

lostchain

information on quake 2

i've been playing on these quake 2 servers that allow different type of weapons and such, but i cant seem to figure out how i can use these same weapons in the the regular game or even start a server that has the same weapons, please help.

ypagan@ureach.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom