Q2 Losers

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Zarjazz, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Sarcasm. Only one of the services offered.

For the #freddyshouse IRC bods :-

Discuss ....

2. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Does that include wanking into some tart's face ? 'Cos I luv that.

3. tRoG

tRoG Fledgling Freddie

QW > Q2

Need I say more?

4. throdgrain

throdgrain FH is my second home

They're both older than the hills, forget them both ;)

5. Meatballs

Meatballs Loyal Freddie

I agree zarjazz, q2 is much easier to get into :)

6. mank!

mank! Part of the furniture

Q2 doesn't fuck you about.

7. ivo

ivo Guest

qw takes about as much skill as cycling a bike.. "funny" the way people who slag games are ALWAYS shite at them..

8. Sar

Sar Part of the furniture

I began playing online with my first clan in Q2 in '97.

Although I've been playing online since the days of DN3d and Q1 (and this was prior to QW being released afaik).

That'll be 8 years or so next May or so I think.

Still remember the advice given to me by a guy in BT (where I was working at the time) when I first looked into going online in early '96:

"Don't bother, it's not worth the trouble. It'll all die down in a few months".

Slightly wrong then.

:D

9. Embattle

Embattle Resident Freddy

Q2 > QW - To this day I still haven't played QW, it was for no other reason than I hated the poo pallet used to colour Q1 :(

10. Clown

Clown Part of the furniture

I can't be arsed to discuss, but if this was a vote, I would have to vote for Q2. I ain't played QW anyway, BUT AT LEAST IM STILL PLAY Q2 NOW! It must rock :)

11. Embattle

Embattle Resident Freddy

12. Chameleon

Chameleon Fledgling Freddie

Q1 was my first online game. Q2 was an ok game, but I uninstalled it after a month or so and carried on playing qw until Q3 came out cos it was much better imo. I always felt qw was the proper gamers fps, while Q2 was 'bells and whistles' and reminded me of UT ;)

13. Meatballs

Meatballs Loyal Freddie

I expect all the olympic standard cyclists are really poor sportsmen!

14. Deady

Deady Fledgling Freddie

Look theyre both very good games in their own respect :)

I used to play Q2 a lot, enjoyed it, fun game, has its quirks and features that make it fun.

Only started playing QW recently, Thats fun too, a lot faster paced than Q2, a lot more scope to "get good" and a bigger potential gap between newbies and the elite.

15. soulthief

soulthief Fledgling Freddie

This is all heresy, the best online game ever was Duke Nukem 3D - the shrinker gun (where you'd run after your victim trying to stamp on him), the freeze gun, the pipe bombs, the trip bombs.

Certainly the most fun online FPS I ever played.

SUCK IT DOWN!!

16. UThikoloshe

UThikoloshe Guest

q2 was the best. havent found something i like as much as that. All the double jumping and circle straffe and stuff. unrealistic, but fun.

*sigh*

17. Jis

Jis Regular Freddie

This was the don, the maps, the guns and the way you could launch yourself across the maps with ease ;)

I might even dig out my Q2 disc again just to play it.

18. Embattle

Embattle Resident Freddy

I and a few others mainly play on the Jolt Aq2 sponsored by Cute & Cuddly server.

19. ghoulert

ghoulert Fledgling Freddie

Action Quake 2, is, and forever will be the best mod for any of the quake games :) in my oppinion atleast :mad:

20. jaba

jaba Fledgling Freddie

well obviously youre a chump cos rocket arena was clearly the best mod for any of the quake games :p

21. Clown

Pft. Loser.

Hello ghoulert :)

22. jaba

jaba Fledgling Freddie

pft. youre the loser, loser. ;)

23. Louster

Louster One of Freddy's beloved

RA2 was the first ever Q2 mod I played, and the first ever online game of any sort I played, I think. (I got the internet late.) And I loved it at the time, but the time I spent playing it was miniscule compared to the time I spent playing AQ2. AQ2 was awesome.

It's too bad CS (Crap Shit) came along and killed the community by stealing everyone away. Fuckers.

24. WPKenny

WPKenny Part of the furniture

25. Clown

RIP Embattle :rolleyes: :bbc:

26. dfu_ker

dfu_ker Fledgling Freddie

All I can say is:-

Does any other game have q2dm1?

Cheap imatations were tried but in the end there is only one perfect level for all time. All wars and disputes should be decided over a deathmatch on q2dm1!!!

27. pixel

pixel Fledgling Freddie

differant games, differant styles of play, differant eras, differant interests to differant people.

28. nath

nath Fledgling Freddie

*Different. Wouldn't have been so bad except you used it five times :)

29. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Yes. QW has it. Wanna copy ?

30. lostchain

lostchain Guest

information on quake 2

i've been playing on these quake 2 servers that allow different type of weapons and such, but i cant seem to figure out how i can use these same weapons in the the regular game or even start a server that has the same weapons, please help.

ypagan@ureach.com