pwned 2k3:RETRIBUTION tourno SIGNUP

D

deygos

location...

goa need a totally flat area to build the arena on

since cam is so damn hilly only ludlow or vestuta abbey seems best..looked for something closer to CS but nothing suitable

ideally its got to be on a horse route & obviously as close to CS as possible

D

doneagle

i suggest to take away the stealth in infiltrators duel. Could take a LONG time trying to find eachother and who PA's wins, ...

just my 2c

S

Sneakyshad

My m8 would like to enter:
Ownage
Scout
RR4L2

And shadowsneak is RR4L5 now :)

T

Tilda

Originally posted by deygos
location...

goa need a totally flat area to build the arena on

since cam is so damn hilly only ludlow or vestuta abbey seems best..looked for something closer to CS but nothing suitable

ideally its got to be on a horse route & obviously as close to CS as possible

will it be in like an arena, say with a solid fence around it, so the classes cannot leave that area?
that would be cool ;)

also,

Tildai is RR4 now, hope to be RR5 soon ish :D

Tilda

K

Kagato.

RR4.9 now, only 11k short of RR5 so might as well stick me in with the pro's (im gonna regret this im sure.)

D

deygos

Tilda.........will it be in like an arena, say with a solid fence around it, so the classes cannot leave that area?

yup ofc! - goa people will use the same arena shape as seen on the hib tourney...check my sig for pictures :D...its a long and narrow shape (about 2500 units long)....however they couldn't make it solid......and i asked for a wall..not a damn fence & some coconuts :D

they told me they cant make it solid....hmmm

doneagle......i suggest to take away the stealth in infiltrators duel. Could take a LONG time trying to find eachother and who PA's wins, ...

at the moment there aint enough infils as it is but in practice in the NS duels on hib there was an arena so no chance of people running off stealthed and hiding (as people stood all around the fencing)...besides who the hell is gonna do that style of dueling with people watching?!?

also no ns's managed to land p.a...but if enough infils complain about stealth it can be taken out

R

rayzor_e_w

ill gotta withdraw too, :(
rl guild meet also.

gl with it thou, it sounds fun :)

P

Puppetmistress

Long time, but I am now RR5+ (RR5L1 atm) and in The Brethren, so might wanna change that :)

Theurgist

T

Tilda

also im in First Cohort, but you didnt have me with a guild last time i looked.

Tilda

/edit: If i ding RR5, will i be stuck on my own because to my knolege me adn Andriel are the 2 highest reavers on alb excal, say i dinged RR5 could i be bunged in with the sub-RR5 reavers?

/edit2 are Sorc's allowed to bring pets from anywhere? ie, telemon, templar, ellyll's ?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tilda

/edit2 are Sorc's allowed to bring pets from anywhere? ie, telemon, templar, ellyll's ?

Yeah, and let the Minstrels bring a Cailleach guard up aswell :p

D

deygos

ill gotta withdraw too,

its the 17th now,not the 10th if that helps..

are Sorc's allowed to bring pets from anywhere? ie, telemon, templar, ellyll's

yup lol if u can get the pet down to ludlow then fine - i would pay to see sorc's dueling with big ass pets

will be funny tho if the other sorc aint got one...

still need more sorcs...UNLESS both the ams/pros are happy to all meet

If i ding RR5 etc...

um problem is we aint got enough reavers as it is....minimum 4 ..so 2 more needed!!!

Yeah, and let the Minstrels bring a Cailleach guard up aswell

yeah wot the hell y not? :D

maybe sorcs + pets v minstrels + pets...

T

Tilda

Please add Whyp, (pin) to reavers, i want to duel him even if he dosnt want to come :D

also im RR4L5 now

ill try and find another reaver :)

D

deygos

date is set for may 17th, starting 1pm GMT saturday and running through sunday (IF NECESSARY) also so make sure you will be around sun...

the order of the tourneys is the schedule, so clerics will open the tourney & friars will end it and as a rough guide should go like this
(all times GMT)

any overspill moves to sunday 1pm. i'll pm you on your MAIN/ENTERED charachter about 30mins before you're due to give you time to get to the location. if you're not logged in at the time i pm'ed you do a /join cg skilzched to let me know you are around

if you're late and miss the times...you will be disqualified & your opponent will go through automatically . there won't be any replacements or delayed duels unless there are special circumstances

any tourno with LESS THAN FOUR ENTRANTS will be cancelled so check the pic and see which tourneys are in danger

prize money details are here but have not been calculated for tourney's with less than 4 people.

last date to signup is may12th

ENTRANTS.JPG

K

Kagato.

Was about to say im RR5 now, but you already beat me to it heheh.

K

kirennia

might i suggest it better if the duels started at a close range? otherwise its a case of whoever casts first wins for all casterrs.

K

K0nah

any chance of the Champions section being "fully buffed rvr ready" ? ;)

cos like, self buffers get a huge advantage in duels but it isnt a fair indication of rvr "real world" efficacy imo...

D

deygos

might i suggest it better if the duels started at a close range? otherwise its a case of whoever casts first wins for all casterrs.

we started caster duels out of range on hib to avoid this & it'll be the same on alb. starting the casters up close in still doesn't change the fact that whoever casts first, wins.

any chance of the Champions section being "fully buffed rvr ready" ?

yeah don't see why not, make things more interesting - any thoughts on this?

maybe for a twist allow each class champion to have only one buffer of their choice.

D

deygos

ok re: unfilled tourneys

ok re: unfilled tourneys

this is the last weekend to sign up, signup will end on monday at 8pm GMT

for the tourney's that aint filled up properly they can either be merged or they will be cancelled

the tourneys at risk are:

clerics am & pro (only needs 1 more)

theurg am needs 3 more. pro needs 1.

scouts am - one more.

reavers am needs 2 more - pro needs...err...4

minstrels am needs 3 - pro needs 2.

infils am & pro needs one more each

sorcs need 2 each

mercs am needs 1, mercs pro needs 2

now i'll merge these all where possible if people are happy to do that. altho in some cases some people won't be - example : merging am infils with rr9 remi..if remi wasn't in it then you can see the other infils are all pretty close to each other in rr's

sorcs looks good for merging also, as does scouts , theurgs & clerics

anyway by monday 12th around 10pm the draw will be up. the plan is to stagger the schedule to reduce waiting around for 30min ra's...ie. when the clerics get to the semi final stage the theurgists round 1 will begin while the clerics wait for their ra's to come back up

i will post rough estimates as to when each tourney might start so you can know when to log onto your MAIN/ENTERED char. but this will be tough to get right as all sorts of shit can go wrong on the day (mostly to do with people chickening out and just not turning up)

basically if you're in the top half of the schedule try to be online from 1pm sat , if you're in the bottom half - say from armsmen onwards then try to be around from 5pm....there will be no postponed duels.

also those of you in the bottom half of the schedule should prepare for dueling on sunday if there is overspill.

i will pm u 30mins before you are due to duel to give you plenty time to get to the location etc. there's no reason for your ra's not be up when u arrive. if you arent at the arena inside the 30mins you're out.

if you are not online when i pm you or you log in late you should do a /join cg skilzched and explain yourself... :) & i'll see wot i can do

T

Tigerius

Of course being self-buffed is a huge advantage but on the other side of the coin being a class with self-buffs that you spec hugely for and get nothing of is a huge disadvantage.

The main case of interest is Friars of course, not really Clerics, and we all know the self-buffs make them monsters in 1on1s but take them away and you have what? An acolyte class with mediocre melee spec using around 50% of his specpoints in a line he gets a single haste out of, some points in a heal line he gets a low end reg out of. Compare that to a Tank that gets 0.5 specpoints more, improved hp tables, improved dmg tables and puts 100% of his specpoints towards melee lines and parry/shield. It just doesn't add up that you can freely remove an entire specline, THE monumental specline, from a class with lower specpoints, in the name of fairness.

I agree that as a novelty it is fun to see who would perform best on the RvR battlefield, fully buffed using charges and any appliable tactic, but then do so as novelty not in the name of having fair fights. An idea I guess could be to allow everyone baseline buffs and the classes which spec for selfbuffs get what they spec for, but then you've still lost the idea of "RvR" duels of course.

Y

-yoda-

i may as well enter my theurg also

Elendala rr3L3

F

froler-mid

Re: ok re: unfilled tourneys

Originally posted by deygos

now i'll merge these all where possible if people are happy to do that. altho in some cases some people won't be - example : merging am infils with rr9 remi..if remi wasn't in it then you can see the other infils are all pretty close to each other in rr's

just merge em, infil duels are kinda boring anyway, first one too land DF wins. :D

K

kirennia

if you allow people to use buffbots then it's just a case of whoever has the most money for a buffbot which isnt exactly what a duel tourney should be about. Using whatever you have avaliable within your own class should be what it's about otherwise, why not use theurg pbt or mincer pwrsong or whatever, it's the same difference.....its meant to be 1 vs. 1 not 2 vs. 1 so i think :)

D

deygos

WHUZZ ok i realise you ain't level 50 yet...so you're entering at ur own risk m8 lol

will set the bar at minimum lvl 45 if anyone else wants to pull a stunt like this :)

just merge em, infil duels are kinda boring anyway,

aye i wanted to merge all of the melee/tank based duels together friars,mercs,arms etc. come monday if the tourneys are still not filled up i will merge to keep'em alive

if you allow people to use buffbots then it's just a case of whoever has the most money for a buffbot which isnt exactly what a duel tourney should be about. Using whatever you have avaliable within your own class should be what it's about otherwise, why not use theurg pbt or mincer pwrsong or whatever, it's the same difference.....its meant to be 1 vs. 1 not 2 vs. 1 so i think

the idea behind the buffbot thing was for the champions tourney, but also coz some people wanna give themselves a chance against friars :)

anyone considered what would happen tho if a theurg or a sorc made it into the champions tourney? since all duel's will start from out of range...hmm - i did say the champions tourney would be unbalanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom