PvP: initial opinions?

S

Sigurd

can I remind everyone that... the gorre characters are getting deleted so there is no point levelling past 10, not really any point levelling past 5.

F

Flimgoblin

other than to maybe test things out? or to play the game perhaps?

Your char will be deleted soon, sure :) but still fun to kill things in the meantime.

F

Fafnir

Well tried a kobbie warrior he rocked. Got jumped by a lurichanter atleast 5 lvls higher well he nuked me, i released ran back, slapped him silly. And he started to yell at me in french didt understand anything. But 10 min later i had about a fg of high cons chasing me. So i think i stay away from the pvp.

C

Cuthervaen

Well got tired at being ganked by every llama and his sister with my "Lawful Good" not PKing healer, so I created a SB to blow off some steam.

Was fun, in one day I could fill a full A4 page with various insults, death threats and abuse in like 5 different languages :p. Wish I'd speak more german, for best results answer in whatever language the guy isn't using then switch to his own for a final taunt :D. Managed to get a guy totally mad by answering in made up polish for some time... "Zloyt smirnlaff zubroisko llamaski!!"

Got a bit of grouping with a skald makes a nice chanter killing team, mezz pet and any red/low purp pet caster gets it.

Besides the foolign around fun, it's a real llama farm. People will 90% of time take only lower cons (that's silly, red yummie mages hmmmm), people will 90% of time give no xp cause they been chainganking/ganked in <random bindstone>, so it sorts of beats the point of Mythic saying you could level on players (apart from kill them while they xp, then they get xp death and it's silly all loose situation), and people will 90% of time add on a fight on the winning side (orange fight a blue, I BET that green lamer will add on the orange side, ffs stupid add on the blue side at least there is something to gain, and with some luck you can even finish that blue after :p).

Well the good thing is that it reminds us of why RvR was invented by Mythic and why it remains the greatest PvP implementation so far. Most PvP, PK, red server of all MMORPG have not gone ever beyond the "camp portals/bindstones" and "just get the numbers and you can't loose" phase. RvR sorts a LOT of these issue if not completely then much better than anything seen yet. Tele keep campers usually regret it, zergued emain still leaves the option to go take keeps, DF, try and make people freak over possible relic attempt. It's no wonder AC2 went on to "invent" KvK and duefully copied Mythic's idea (not very convincingly yet, most ridiculous thing is you can change sides with minimal penalty so on their PvP beta server everyone was going "order", and behaving certainly none better than "Shadow", to be on the winning side, llamas go in herds too).

So I like the fact you can finally visit all the 3 realms, I like the fact PvP can happen anywhere anywhen, but getting a good 8 people group together and making it perform smoothly yields infinitely better satisfaction than owning people cause u're 10 level higher or cause you outnumber them 10 to 1. So far I've seen more skill in one FG vs FG fight in Emain (a GOOD one, full CF meets full NP or full LA meets full FC :p) than in several days on Gorre.

And for fast solo RvR fun, levelling to 24 and going Thidranki is nice too.

A

Arnor

/agree with cuth

suicidal as I am, I made a scout, was fun when teaming with Xarr(minstrel)
But solo it was hell, not fun being chain-ganked by greens :(

Well, I got my revenge on Fetto atleast :>

Me and some rl mates gonna make a streamlined 8-man group for xp'ing, hope thats gonna work out :)

O

old.Zoltar

Originally posted by noob_pride
I think alot of people like myself could care less about lvling on the TEST server.. Whats the point? Wait untill the real deal starts then lets see whats up!

Couldnt agree more.

Using the test server as basis for what you think will happen on the real PvP server is....well, what can I say....strange :D

O

old.Zoltar

Originally posted by Reverant Mezz
fun :)

got to lvl 7 and was havin some nice fights and lvl 8 off ppl then i got 3/4 of an hour of shit off someone cos i killed him on a horse

/ignore will be a nice thing on this server.

Not because you are offended at all of what the freshly killed kids say to you, but simply because of the spam factor.
Information is everything on this server, and you simply dont have time to read /send's from angry immature kids.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom