Punkbuster?

• Thread starter old.HellPenguin
  • Start date
N

nak

Originally posted by old.HellPenguin

I would, but he's illiterate.

Would you mind naming the said liason, as I think you have the wrong person.

Misconfigured PunkBuster.
Poor map selection.
Broken stopwatch rotation.

Whats misconfigured about PB?
I'm not aware of their being any more maps for Wolf. Whats on the servers is whats been released by Nerve.
Tell us why it's broken and we'll fix it.

In short, you seem to be in a minority. Deal with it.

B

Bazerka

Originally posted by old.HellPenguin

Misconfigured PunkBuster.
Poor map selection.
Broken stopwatch rotation.

For a start, Punkbuster is configured just fine - just because we arent running the same config set as other ISPs, doesnt mean there's anything wrong with it.

Poor map selection? Then best you get off your arse and start liaising with the liaison. The BW Server Team arent mind readers, and we don't play all the mods we actually support, so how the hell are we supposed to know what the community wants, when certain portions of that community can't be bothered to get off their arse and actually speak with the liaison?

As for the broken stopwatch rotation - what is actually broken with it?

Jase.

N

nocte

I R LIASON.

I R KNOT ILITERAT.

on another note. if u want something done email me, and i will get in touch with the bw server guys. quite simple ... even for an illiterate person.

H

herrfoth

Originally posted by sykbob
you barrysworld people are a joke.
punkbuster is on the servers but not enabled properly.

i have joined the servers
twice
1st i joined setting my picmip to blueyonder punkbuster of 2

and the 2nd time i set it to 10

if this is changed to 10 on blueyonder i am kicked straight away.

look at the screenys from barrysworld the differences the picmip makes.

i DID NOT get kicked from barrysworld punkbuster enabled server with the setting at 10.

look at these screenys

http://bobbeh.4t.com/1-picmip2.html
http://bobbeh.4t.com/2-picmip10.html
http://bobbeh.4t.com/3-picmip10.html

not only are the trees removed look at the frame rate difference from the screeny with picmip 2 and the one with picmip 10 quite a difference there.

i rest my case barrysworld are cheating bastards
and worse of all they cant even admit it.
screw u all

LAMERS

Apologies about the above - its most definitely not the way to go about making a point.
1)Barrysworld servers arent a joke they are one of three (jolt/BY) that i play on regularly.
2)PB is on the servers but it doesnt do any CVAR checks which basically makes it pointless - i take on board that you want to let any amount of people use it but it is probably worth putting CVAR on along the following lines.

picmips 5 - intensity 2/2.5 - mapoverbrightbits 5 and whatever the other main ones are - (cant remember off the top of my head - gamma and something?)

This way everyone should be able to play - except those that are going a bit mad with their configs. Everyone agrees (i think) that playing without branches on trees is taking it too far - and probably counter productive anyway - so it might be nice to put on some CVARS but at a more relaxed level that other servers.

(Majority of Bobs post relates to changing picmip which has been explained by the admins/other users of the servers) - sticking on some CVARS would be a good idea though.

4) Since barrysworld isnt actually any one person it not very logical to call them cheats. As the admins/other users have explained - punkbuster CVAR's were disabled to allow as many people as possible to join with whatever graphic settings they wish. Also im not even sure if all the admins play RTCW so unless the point is raised sensibly and stating what the actual problem is and a possible solution then its not really worth people coming on and shouting their mouth (or arses) off about.

5) Also i dont know what the problem with the stop watch rotation is (and slagging off the maps isnt very good either - that should be directed at Nerve - if anyone). As far as i remember the SW seems to be working but if not i can send out server SW config over to anyone to have a look at which i have spent much blood sweat and tears getting to work the way i wanted.

What should be a simple thread has turned into a farce - from people who should know better posting abuse for the sake of it.

The real message should have been -

1) Your punkbuster doesnt do any cvar checks - how come? and can you change this?

2) Your map rotate on stopwatch doesnt work because for xyz reason
ie - the warmup time for the first round should be 45 seconds to allow more people to connect as this can give the first attacking team an unfair advantage if they load before the defending side. Thats just an example - as i said i dont know what the problem is supposed to be with the SW script.

3) The map selection includes xyz map which is generally not well liked (tram for instance). One way to get round this would be setting the time at 10 mins instead of the defaut 20 mins. This means that the map is still kept in the rotate but its only played for a max of 10 mins per round.

Those 3 points were all that needed to be posted and a single admin reply would have dealt with it instead of 20 odd replies because a few people have been either non descriptive or abusive.

Fothy Wothy

Users who are viewing this thread