Public Service Annoucement

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToKE

******** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ********

It has come to our attention that the lowbie dungeon Mythra has been infested with cockroaches!

Due to this infestation I regret to inform you that Mythra will be closed for Exp hunting from 9pm (GMT) Sunday 2nd March 2003 until further notice.

This is due to the essential fumigation service being carried out by the Chaos Theory. We hope to have this work carried out as quickly and effortlessly as possible so that normal hunting service may resume ASAP.

On behalf of the Chaos Theory, I would like to appologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Ukkc.
Chaotic Realm Warrior
Chaos Theory

R

Repent Reloaded

I saw you ass holes in DF killin those merchants, u guyz need to get some hair on ur little nuts.

/dump :sleeping:

K

Karnage

hmm.. guess at least ehy're telling people they're gonna be doing it this time....

still, shouldn't be doing it at all

THINK OF ALL THE LITTLE PEOPLE!

V

Vorcyn

I suppose its good that we hunt in Mithra then.

:sleeping:

C

[CT]Erroll

Its worse than we thought...

Good people of albion...

The infestation of Mithra is worse than we first feared...

There seems to be an exceptional amount of winging school kids that have crawled out of the gutter in an attempt to try and overthrow us poor citizens...

We could be some time on this one....

"There were rats, rats, big as fucking cats, in Mithra's tomb, in Mithra's tomb..."

T

Trinilim

oh yay, now they're kill stealing the lowbies..

And Albs wonder why albion is dying?

T

Tranquil-

Killstealing can still be reported.

If they touch any of the mobs you are beating, Rightnow them.

Killstealing ruins gameplay which GOA can and will do something about, can result in deletion of characters and banning of the account.

P

[PS]Venom

Like bollocks you're roleplaying, chaos theory. You're just another set of immature griefers.

Argue all you like. You know it. We know it. Everyone knows it.

T

ToKE

Job Done

*********** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT *************

I am proud to announce that the fumigation of Mithra has now been completed successfully, normal service will now resume.

I would like to thank you all for your co-operation in this much needed task, we will keep an eye on the cockroach levels in the meantime and if nessesary scedule a further fumigation in 6 months.

Again I would personally like to thank everyone for their co-operation in this matter.

Have a nice day

Ukkc,
Chaotic Realm Warrior
Chaos Theory

R

rayzor_e_w

Re: Job Done

Originally posted by ToKE
*********** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT *************

I am proud to announce that the fumigation of Mithra has now been completed successfully, normal service will now resume.

I would like to thank you all for your co-operation in this much needed task, we will keep an eye on the cockroach levels in the meantime and if nessesary scedule a further fumigation in 6 months.

Again I would personally like to thank everyone for their co-operation in this matter.

Have a nice day

Ukkc,
Chaotic Realm Warrior
Chaos Theory

k, so how did the fumigation of mYthra go? :p

C

[CT]Clone1

Initial Findings....

We would just like to say that the intial phase one fumigation of Mithra has been in part successful.

The problem we are now discovering has been with the relocation of these vermin to other dark, damp areas. We have had recent reports from certain Filidh within the Campacorentin Forest area that there have been an indigenous amount of 'ants' found within their local gambling club.

We are currently formulated a strategy to best tackle this probelm, but we do expect to have to mobolise our fumigation team to this area in the near future.

We will do our best to inform you of the times / dates so as not to inconvenience you good people of camelot in any way.

On behalf of Chaos Theory we would like to thank you for your time and patience in this matter.

K

Karnage

bah, forgot to go there with my alt and purposefully try and get them to killsteal from me!...

dang! :p

C

[CT] Clone

further rumours

i have been in contact with the spy nymph veviel and it seems that the evil horde of rats and cockroaches has moved on..they are now to be found in the dungeon of keltoi

also rumours of a shadow in the east...

maybe thats just bagdad burning...

R

Repent Reloaded

I got a feeling that CT are trying to be known as a type of funny Karam style guild, unlike CT, Karam has a style most people found amusing or funny, but this ... its kinda pathetic. its people like CT that made my friend move from albion to mid, bless the poor chap.
Im gonna enjoy killin u guys in RvR, if ur even high enough to go that is :p

in some respect I aint high enough too but I will be in a few weeks.

A

Aule Valar

pathetic that they feel the need to kill still from lowbies, and as for their forum, don't think i've ever seen a more idiot populated place

F

- Fedaykin -

guys go look at http://www.darkwolves.org << these guys r uber griefers i laughed so much i cried

whereas these lamers are just wannabees

Oh no i cant hunt in mithra!!! guess i'll go get a life

S

Shagrat

Jesus Christ,

Listen to some of you people. Tired of the levelling, our guild has decided to go on a bit of a quest every weekend and flush out the vermin from every dungeon and some of you lot bitch like little girls.

We didnt steal anyone's kills, we didn't insult or swear at anyone and we let people know what was happening. whats your problem.

I've only recently joined CT and I did because they like to have a bit of a laugh, no-one takes the game too seriously and with the way levelling in this game is you need that or it sends you batty.

We never set out to deliberatly annoy people, that was not our aim last night and it wont be in the future. Stuff like this used to happen all the time in Midgard and I can never remember seeing anyone bitching like a bunch of old women on the forums there.

This is just a bit of light relief for us so please stop all this grow up shit it really doesnt do you any favours in the IQ stakes, and before the insults start flying my way I am not 14 years old. I am a 31 year old, married with 2 kids and degree educated and I could see no problem with what we did last night.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match on BW with all of you so this is my last comment on the matter.

A

Apathy

Primary school swimming proficiency certificate isn't a "degree" and isn't about time you returned those children to their parents?

If you don't like the level treadmill, then don't play DAoC. That's what the game is about. Killing little things for experience so you can go play in RvR at a high level.

Chaos Theory is like a retarded child telling the same Knock Knock joke over and over and over whilst wetting itself - nobody knows exactly what the fuck is going on and anyone laughing is laughing for the wrong reason.

MASSIVE SIG TIME!

a.

O

old.Ramas

While the original post does read as "sort of like DarkWolves but not funny"; did anyone actually get their kills stolen?

Is this just a really crap joke?

Or can anyone report any actual below par behaviour from CT in Mithra?

Was anyone in Mithra last night who isn't from CT and so can comment?

C

[CT]Clone1

Kill Stealing....

Well, the only 'kill stealing' that occured in mithra last night was from a guy called Andrew from The Corporation guild.

We had rounded up many of the mobs in mithra within the Throne room and we're happily keeping them at bay in there. Andrew (a lvl 50 cleric by the way) persistantly used his smite to kill the mobs we had rounded up. He was asked very nicely not to do it, but he didn't refrain at all - all of which is chat logged by the whole guild - so if ANYONE should be reported - it's him.

There was also a guy called 'Puffta' or something like that from the same guild who then used abusive language at me in a private message which is also logged. Both things are against the CoC.

In total, the 'fumigation' of Mithra lasted around 20-30 minutes. Mithra is a low level dungeon and there are AMPLE spots around the area which can provide sufficient levelling for characters around this level bracket.

It was a laugh, and amused us no end. Even if we were the only people to laugh at it - so be it. We had fun, and would have had fun even if Mithra was completely empty at the time.

Just live with it. We are not griefers - we just sometimes like to have a laugh.

A

Aule Valar

ah i see the idea, they basically rounded up every mob in the dungeon and got it beating on em so that noone else there had any mobs to kill, sounds like griefing to me

sounds like andrew was trying to do all the low levels a favour, three cheers for him

S

Shrye

Re: Kill Stealing....

Originally posted by [CT]Clone1 Well, the only 'kill stealing' that occured in mithra last night was from a guy called Andrew from The Corporation guild.

We had rounded up many of the mobs in mithra within the Throne room and we're happily keeping them at bay in there. Andrew (a lvl 50 cleric by the way) persistantly used his smite to kill the mobs we had rounded up. He was asked very nicely not to do it, but he didn't refrain at all - all of which is chat logged by the whole guild - so if ANYONE should be reported - it's him.

There was also a guy called 'Puffta' or something like that from the same guild who then used abusive language at me in a private message which is also logged. Both things are against the CoC.

In total, the 'fumigation' of Mithra lasted around 20-30 minutes. Mithra is a low level dungeon and there are AMPLE spots around the area which can provide sufficient levelling for characters around this level bracket.

It was a laugh, and amused us no end. Even if we were the only people to laugh at it - so be it. We had fun, and would have had fun even if Mithra was completely empty at the time.

Just live with it. We are not griefers - we just sometimes like to have a laugh.

So, rounding up most of the mobs in the Throne room, preventing respawn for other people to continue xping... sigh can only say I'm glad, that I don't play on Albion. Oh, btw - even if you weren't technically kill-stealing, you guys were still in violation of the rules...

Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks made with the aim of hurting another person will not be tolerated.

... don't tell me that you're showing any degree of respect for others, when preventing them to xp in the first place. Heh.

S

starblade

Re: Kill Stealing....

Originally posted by [CT]Clone1
Even if we were the only people to laugh at it - so be it.

No matter what you do .... this is a serious attitude problem. After all, this is a MM meaning that you need some basic form of respect for other players. You don't have to agree with their opinions, playstyles or anything like that ... it's just a matter of realising why other players are at the location of your 'event' and trying not to disturb them (too much).

T

ToKE

kids man

jeez u kids never cease to amaise me... NONE of you were there so NONE of you know what actually happened, I made a point about posting on BW 6 hours before we did anything, i had macros set up in Camelot and was letting everyone know that we planned to do it. then we sat just inside mythra and yelled for ages letting everyone who came in know that we were going to do it, in fact i got several Pm's from people saying they thought it was funny. Only the people with high level alts who take the game far too seriously had anything to yay about! The newbies found it funny! which indeed it was.

Also we made a distict point about not stealing anyones mobs, if we ran past someone and they were fighting we left them to it, if someone died, we rezzed them.

And TBH the more people whinge about how much they own the game - the more we're going to be there to piss you off.
we pay our subscription fees just like everyone else so we are entitled to have fun whichever way we please.
much like the power levelling Necros we see - wheres the "sportsmanship" in powerleveling someone to 50 in a week?
I think that sucks, but i'm not going to dedicate a whole thread to flaming you, after all it's your game you play it how you wish; but then - the same goes for us

Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks made with the aim of hurting another person will not be tolerated.

So giving people 6 hours notice that we planned to do it for half an hour isn't showing a level of respect to other people? if people actually ran about like we did, instead of sitting in the forgotten room sulking. they would of found there was LOTS of mobs we didn't have. rezzing people when they got killed isn't showing respect for other people either is it?
if you want me to post my chat logs you will find that we didn't insult anyone directly.

insults or remarks made with the aim of hurting another person will not be tolerated
So that would put 90% of the people who reguarly use BW to spam flames in breach would it? After all, when we have an event like this the insults are directed at us, never by us

maybe if you got up off your finger and opened the curtains you would find theres a whole wide world out there.
after all... it's only a game!

http://www.angelmultimedia.co.uk/chaos/cgi/album/albums/funny_images/sshot098.jpg

A

Aule Valar

after your first 'guild roleplaying event' its hardly likely people are ever going to respect chaos theory, and the most stupid thing ct ever did was post a link to their forums so everyone can see what idiots they really are

T

ToKE

hoo hummm

On with the flames..

shame we don't really care about your oppinion of our site - it's our site we do what we like

H

hercules-df

hehe u ppl take the game too seriously
one off mad zergs in dungeons aint gonna hurt any1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread