Public Enemy

G

Groborthir

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
The endless discussion about who is stronger then what...

In a game with 3 different 'sides', its never fair and balanced unless they tested it 1 year with over 10.000 players with devs watching what the players do realtime (so no shitty TL reports followed by 5 minutes of coding then going on their next 8 week holiday).
its the same in every game, and no suprise really, its quite impossible to do that with the number of classes and options this game has...

just look at every game, when both sides have different abilities etc. one is always better, and when your tactics/groups are based on that 'strong point' in the game it will increase your chance to win significantly, especially if the only 'skill' required in the game is a bit of coordianation, since speed and reflexes are not really required...

Word! :/

K

Kahland

Originally posted by old.XanateA
Cuz u loose every fight? k

i dont know about what fights youre talking about

but the grps i've been in i think i've lost to your grp maybe 5-10 times where we've beaten you countless times ~~

K

king_kettil

hehe nowonder im rarly at this forum i write a salute post and people make into some kind of "the best group" post.

i simply admire PE because they don't just follow the zerg.

again /salute

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by faderullan
When and where did i say alb mage group was easy?

Nowhere, but an Alb-magegroup is as easy/hard as a Hib mage-group.

You cant really say that about Alb versus Hib melee-groups when you got BOF + SOS + uninterruptable end-regen.

A

Ardrias_Mid

I think zerging is cool. And I'm making both a savage and BD alt because they're 2 of Mids more underpowered classes. Hi der!

G

Groborthir

Originally posted by Kahland
i dont know about what fights youre talking about

but the grps i've been in i think i've lost to your grp maybe 5-10 times where we've beaten you countless times ~~

You're not really helping your buddy Faderullan in his pilgrimage to preach that alb is hard mode and hib/mid is easy mode, mate :)

F

faderullan

Puppet: Alb melee group is easier then hib melee group. Or at least it really seems so on this server. We dont have any hardcore hib melee guilds though on prydwen. Hib debuff pbae have an advantage vs alb melee though. That is in my experience. I might be wrong as always.

J

Jenna.

According to Fadeh hib and mid is easymode and alb is like uberhardr0xx0rb0xx0r2k and since his team kills quite much he must be like uber1337irlsk1llz0rh4xx0r himself.

F

faderullan

Originally posted by Groborthir
You're not really helping your buddy Faderullan in his pilgrimage to preach that alb is hard mode and hib/mid is easy mode, mate :)

He wasn't around when NP made their worst debuff pbae groups. Which i tbh couldnt find a way of beating. Any hints on that would be appreciated.

S

Scunner

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Nowhere, but an Alb-magegroup is as easy/hard as a Hib mage-group.

You cant really say that about Alb versus Hib melee-groups when you got BOF + SOS + uninterruptable end-regen.

apart from boad.

F

faderullan

Just to clear out. Hibernia have it real hard time if they lack a void eldritch in group.

Jenna: And i never said albion was uberhard. Because if it was i would had given up years ago. And about me being "uber1337irlsk1llz0rh4xx0r", im definately not. Im just one lucky noob(I even press on qb with mouse) who plays with good people around me.

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by Jenna.
According to Fadeh hib and mid is easymode and alb is like uberhardr0xx0rb0xx0r2k and since his team kills quite much he must be like uber1337irlsk1llz0rh4xx0r himself.

What is the different between uberhardr0xx0rb0xx0r2k and uber1337irlsk1llz0rh4xx0r ?????

O

old.mattshanes

The only way you can beat them is:

Getting a jump and hoping they do not have group purge available....

Running through casters with tanks assisting hitting their debuffer out first..... hoping they do not res...

If they res him/her take him/her back down again xD

Though running through caster and hitting tactic works pretty good(all alb tanks should do it...wouldn't die to pbaoe so often then)

If it doesn't work then the group have used their best RA's or tanks in group haven't done their best, i find hib pbaoe groups much easier than mid though...

There really is no exact tactic to kill them, just have to think and react at the time hoping your group do the right things like you do which is very hard.

P

Puppetmistress

Puppet: Alb melee group is easier then hib melee group. Or at least it really seems so on this server.

No, is basically everywhere the same. Because of BOF+SOS + endregen on paladin vs. bard. Not much you can do about that except accept that.

We dont have any hardcore hib melee guilds though on prydwen. Hib debuff pbae have an advantage vs alb melee though. That is in my experience. I might be wrong as always.

I am saying you can make basically the same Alb-group layout. Only advantage I see is that Albion has a castable amnesia where Hib has insta. Both has his advantage, but against PBAoE-groups the castable has a big bonus because you can basically negate a MOC PB-box entirely where a bard cannot do the same back.

In practice nowadays it's Dark age of Tankalot because casters meet insane resists (negated by debuffs) and the nature of DAOC how it goes about ' interrupts on casters'. I remember fighting your guild once in such a setup and yes we got you down but got zerged down by the 2fg adding (I guess we would have won the fg vs. fg encounter, just too bad we met close to ATK). However dont forget you depent EXTREMELY heavy on RA's in such a group (Grouppurge to avoid CC on the PB-box, MOC to avoid interrupts on the PB'ers) where an Alb-tankgroup can do better then a Hib-tankgroup already without RA's (end-regen is just better on Alb then on Hib, nothing you can do about it) but you're close to unbeatable for a tank-group from Hib if you got those RA's up (you ripping up support during SOS so no way to get away from your tanks while our tanks cant dint anything because of BOF).

However, I think in the end a tank-group is WAY easier then a caster group just because of the way RvR is atm in DAOC (resists, interrupts, insta's, 500AF, shit hp etc etc).

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Scunner
apart from boad.

I fail to see how BAOD (not boad) is as good as BOF to be honest. If you look at RvR for a moment you will notice you meet alot more 'tankheavy-groups' then 'casterheavy-groups' nowadays.

I would exchange BAOD immediatly for BOF when I play my Hibernia character (notice: I play both Alb and Hib) simply because it negates way more in nowadays-RvR (tankheavy) then BAOD.

Only time when BAOD > BOF is when 2 PBAoE-groups meet. And then Hibbies prolly win even without BAOD, because GP is then uber (to cancel out any initial-CC where Alb group has to use Purge for all members and dont have purge for, by example, left for shieldslam)

// EDIT: Also the more utility on Hibernian-casters (PBAoE) isbigger then on Alb- PBAoE-casters. We got heat-debuff, pet, stun (heat), AoE-disease, str/con debuff, nearsight all available on the PBAoE-chars (sometimes 2nd specline) where ice-wiz is well... basically nothing but PBAoE (the snare nuke is nice, but the heat-debuff + baseline nuke from chanter >> all)

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by zapzap
What is the different between uberhardr0xx0rb0xx0r2k and uber1337irlsk1llz0rh4xx0r ?????

hardr0xx0rb0xx0r2k and 1337irlsk1llz0rh4xx0r is the difference

K

klavrynd

i thought it was "amagadruxxurbuxxurramboinguildwtfpwnra4tehwin" ?

B

Big-G-

Originally posted by mid_Efour
hi i talk about RvR :bore:

looolololooloololol

they talk about RvR on the discovery channel at 3am

S

Scunner

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

Only time when BAOD > BOF is when 2 PBAoE-groups meet. And then Hibbies prolly win even without BAOD, because GP is then uber (to cancel out any initial-CC where Alb group has to use Purge for all members and dont have purge for, by example, left for shieldslam)

// EDIT: Also the more utility on Hibernian-casters (PBAoE) isbigger then on Alb- PBAoE-casters. We got heat-debuff, pet, stun (heat), AoE-disease, str/con debuff, nearsight all available on the PBAoE-chars (sometimes 2nd specline) where ice-wiz is well... basically nothing but PBAoE (the snare nuke is nice, but the heat-debuff + baseline nuke from chanter >> all)

Hence why u will not see alb casters groups as they are pathetic vs hib ones.

O

old.Morchaoron

The problem is we CANT see which one is stronger, unlike other games, where you can just switch team when you like to, you cant do this here (you can but it will take you weeks to get at max str, and to get decent RA's)

its quite impossible to see which realm/group/tactic is best because we dont have the option to play every realm vs the same enemies etc

but there is a strongest & weakest, cuz all realms dont have the same classes and i know mythic are a bunch of lazy shits making the next expansion for even more $$$$ before fixing the original game...

O

old.Morchaoron

maybe if for once the devs would actually play their own fucking game and try different groups with different ra's and specs then perhaps they would gain some insight, but they've even admitted they dont even know what abilities some classes have!!!!!11

G

Gamah

Originally posted by Big-G-
looolololooloololol

they talk about RvR on the discovery channel at 3am

Why are you watching the discovery channel at 3am? I would be located at the far end of the channel spectrem at that time ;)...just me a I guess

G

Gamah

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
maybe if for once the devs would actually play their own fucking game and try different groups with different ra's and specs then perhaps they would gain some insight, but they've even admitted they dont even know what abilities some classes have!!!!!11

are you replying to you own post or? :p

X

Xeanor

np on exc rox
np on pryd sux

if they did really good, more NPs would play on pryd ^^ instead of the 1 group a month

C

chiefbootknocka

only had 12 active ppl in guild cuz prydwen is a bit fu emain.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Xeanor
np on exc rox
np on pryd sux

if they did really good, more NPs would play on pryd ^^ instead of the 1 group a month

He wasn't around when NP made their worst debuff pbae groups. Which i tbh couldnt find a way of beating. Any hints on that would be appreciated.

this group is the one we always intended to play but irl, wrong specs, and forces of nature has made it very hard to get it running and now droods acc is gone, me and xana go to school and bla bla so it just wont happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom