PS4 PS4age

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wife surprised me with this as a Crimbo present. Have to say very impressed with the unit. Surprised that the DualShock 4 feels so much better than the 3 given the stupid touchpad but it's very nice, though the touchpad is a useless gimmick.

Graphics are nice though my new gaming PC shits all over them (as it should). The UI is much less wank given that it doesn't push the adverts as hard.

Plus requirement is stupid and the DRM is awful, couldn't use Netflix during the recent outage as it couldn't verify the licence for a free application.

Chuck us your PSN names people!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
moriath1. And you will be surprised how the games make use of the touch pad. It's more than a gimmick imo

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
moriath1. And you will be surprised how the games make use of the touch pad. It's more than a gimmick imo
Ones I've got so far just make use of it as a select / start replacement or just want you to flick through stuff with it which you could do with the d pad

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Wife surprised me with this as a Crimbo present. Have to say very impressed with the unit. Surprised that the DualShock 4 feels so much better than the 3 given the stupid touchpad but it's very nice, though the touchpad is a useless gimmick.

Graphics are nice though my new gaming PC shits all over them (as it should). The UI is much less wank given that it doesn't push the adverts as hard.

Plus requirement is stupid and the DRM is awful, couldn't use Netflix during the recent outage as it couldn't verify the licence for a free application.

Chuck us your PSN names people!
Awesome Christmas present dude. :p p.s. who did you find to marry you!?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Seems i missed all the best deals :( 399 with for games at GAME worth it?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Check the value of the games elsewhere fella. When I was looking 4 game bundles were the best value.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
can't remember mine, will give it the next time i'm on it :p

miri

One of Freddy's beloved

Got mine for £370 from ShopTo with FIFA, Destiny, GTA 5 and Last of Us. From the shopping around I did ShopTo consistently had the best bundles price wise and variety wise.

leggy

Probably Scottish
With the four games (assuming they are not shit) I still think 399 is better than Amazon's price.

Edit: Just

ECA

I am a FH squatter
With the four games (assuming they are not shit) I still think 399 is better than Amazon's price.

Edit: Just

Really?

Infamous Second son £25
Watch Dogs £20
Last of us £25
Driveclub £24

I don't see a 4 game bundle that's more cost efficient then amazon £279+ games separately.

I mean I'm not even gonna think about buying a ps4 until bloodborne is out and whether the feedback from players after a while justifies the hype :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Can get Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster on PS4 now as well, tis a good year for the PS4/Console gaming in general.

Final Fantasy 15
Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Bloodborne
Batman: Arkham Knight
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the first Sin (basically a HD remake with super revamped graphics for ps4/xbox one/PC)
Disgaea 5 (I loves me some Disgaea)

+ bunch of other stuff

Cannot wait for Bloodborne and Metal Gear in particular, both look so damn good.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Can get Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster on PS4 now as well, tis a good year for the PS4/Console gaming in general.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the first Sin (basically a HD remake with super revamped graphics for ps4/xbox one/PC)

PC for all of those :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
PC for all of those :p

i'd agree PC for some of them, ones with multiplayer functionality i'd rather have on console though, way too many cheaters on PC when it comes to things like Dark Souls etc, also, Bloodborne won't be on PC :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
Really?

Infamous Second son £25
Watch Dogs £20
Last of us £25
Driveclub £24

I don't see a 4 game bundle that's more cost efficient then amazon £279+ games separately.

I mean I'm not even gonna think about buying a ps4 until bloodborne is out and whether the feedback from players after a while justifies the hype :p

I didn't realise you could get the games so cheap now. But you've only mentioned ONE game worth buying. So I guess Amazon + Last of Us (at 25 clams) is a pretty good deal.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Argos have the same price in store as Amazon. game actually do a bundle with cod, destiny, watch dogs, last of us, drive club and a blu ray which i might plump for.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye, I was looking at that deal, pretty damn good.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I didn't realise you could get the games so cheap now. But you've only mentioned ONE game worth buying. So I guess Amazon + Last of Us (at 25 clams) is a pretty good deal.
Infamous second son is a good game

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Argos have the same price in store as Amazon. game actually do a bundle with cod, destiny, watch dogs, last of us, drive club and a blu ray which i might plump for.
Get it online if you do fella, game stores are useless. Just went into one for PS4 stand and Watchdogs, wanted £5 more for stand than on their site and wouldn't price match and had nothing but pre-owned games.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Infamous second son is a good game

It is aye, has replay value too because you can go through the game as a good guy or a bad guy/different endings i would assume, i haven't got around to playing through it as a bad guy yet but i've done the good guy playthrough.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It is aye, has replay value too because you can go through the game as a good guy or a bad guy/different endings i would assume, i haven't got around to playing through it as a bad guy yet but i've done the good guy playthrough.
Get infamous first light free with ps plus this month too

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved

Final Fantasy 15
Bloodborne
Disgaea 5 (I loves me some Disgaea)

+ bunch of other stuff

Cannot wait for Bloodborne and Metal Gear in particular, both look so damn good.
bought Disgaea 3 + 4 for Vita today.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So I just bought a second Dual Shock and it didn't come with a USB cable, wtf?!?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
So I just bought a second Dual Shock and it didn't come with a USB cable, wtf?!?
yeah, was suprised by that aswell..

but then again.. get a docking station for the controllers:) cleans up nice and allways full battery

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom