Votes: 45 36.0%
  • XBOX360

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Nintento Wii

Votes: 52 41.6%

• Total voters

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
im waiting with the wii till it gets a few more games :) Im quite happy with my DS atm. There are 3 FF games on the way (FF III this month), a zelda game and lots of other nice games :)

Creativity>GFX. That's why I would pick up a Wii and 360 over PS3 any day. 360 may have lots of eyecandy, but they've also tried to create some new stuff (marketplace etc) which I really like. Sony on the other hand, just copies lots of the stuff . There's not much next-gen and creativity about it really.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Ps3 just because of the Final Fantasy Games. Would take any Console aslong as they release those Games on it!

Give Final Fantasy 10,12,etc for Pc. :E

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Icebreaker said:
Ps3 just because of the Final Fantasy Games. Would take any Console aslong as they release those Games on it!

Give Final Fantasy 10,12,etc for Pc. :E

buy a DS then ^^

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Wii for me.

It definately has the most interesting games coming out for it, it will also feature more games that will only be available for the Wii which is another bonus.

Having said that, I bought a Gamecube and Xbox last time around so who knows which out of the 360 and PS3 I might end up with in addition to the Wii.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Well i own a 360 already. Don't want a Wii as i'm a hardcore gamer and 480P is pathetic imo.

PS3, well... Blu Ray will not be as popular as hddvd imo & Blu ray drive transfer speeds are actually slower than that of a 360 dvd drive = more loading time unless you cache files on the drive. (afaik)

Strictly speaking I should have voted Ps3 as i _Want_ a ps3, however currently I reckon 360 will win the console wars as it is an amazing piece of kit sponsored by a company that will keep throwing money at it until they win.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
360 is just going to shit all over everything! In a good way though
Only if you are into that kind of thing.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Garok said:
With Wii you can download back catalog of old Sega Nintendo plus a few other old systems say hello "Zombies ate my Neighbours", "Secret of Mana", "Golden eye" etc. Saves trying to get hold of em from E-bay.

Trouble with PS is 3rd party developers pump out more shit than Stock Atkin and Waterman. GTA is no longer a sony exclusive and they have stuck no cash in thier own development houses as far as I know so most of the best titles will appear on other formats.

Ah yes, Zombies ate my Neighbours. Now thats nostalgic :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
The WMV link that was posted was proof I'll buy the PS3... =D Can't wait for the next release of FF if ingame graphics are as good as/even better than that

Ezteq

Queen of OT
this is the only gaming wossit (omg i dont even know what theyre called, yay im hip im cool im groo-ovey!!) thats ever actually appealed to me because of the sword fighty thingy the controllers can do, so i can have a fight with bf and go wooooom woooom wooom like in starwars yaaaay!!!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Wii and ONLY because it has the new Zelda Twillight Princess and XBOX360 and PlaystationShit doesn't!

And ofc 2 joy-sticks! Pew pew! :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
In the news today! Every FH OTer bought a PS3 and wen't against every hate thread in the last year!

soze

I am a FH squatter
PS3 Metal Gear Solid will make gears of war look like shite why because Metal Gear Solid always blows other games away :)
GT HD drool
I Can use a PlayStation Control
Free Online

And i could not take my self seriously going into argos and asking for a wii

Although serious points to Microsoft for making the new 360 controlers PC compatable

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
soze said:
Although serious points to Microsoft for making the new 360 controlers PC compatable

i've been trying to find drivers for it but the one of microsoft doesnt seem to work :(

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
already have a 360 and it's great.

don't want a wii (may take another look 12 months after it goes on sale) or a ps3 (don't feel inclined to pay money to a company that installed rootkits on our pcs with their cds, treat europe as 3rd class customers and killed lik sang)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Sparx said:
i've been trying to find drivers for it but the one of microsoft doesnt seem to work :(

I think after a bit more research you have to buy a version 2 wireless control that costs £40 not £20 :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
Score another one to PS3 if you want to download movies on to your consol a 720 movie will need 6gb of space :) so thats yet another upgrade you will need for your 360 if you want more than 3 movies :) And with the 20gb costing £50 its not going to be cheap

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
my 360 controller works like a charm on the pc.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
afaik only wired 360 controllers work on pc?

Someone mentioned wireless ones working, they cant afaik.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i got a wireless but i also have a plug and play charger which makes it wire

Just cant seem to get it working tho wonk do you have the driver?

soze

I am a FH squatter
My Wireless dose not work but stuff Magazine says there is a new £40 wireless controller that works on PC I don't want to buy a new one to try it

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
How can it work on pc though without a receiver?

Microsofts 360 controllers use bespoke wireless tech to communicate with the 360

soze

I am a FH squatter
Naffets said:
How can it work on pc though without a receiver?

Microsofts 360 controllers use bespoke wireless tech to communicate with the 360

All stuff says is its £40 works on your PC and is out in January so prolly it either comes with an adaptor or has bluetooth maybe

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Wheel and PC-adaptor for Xbox360 should be out soonish.
IGN said:
The wireless PC adaptor.

The Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows (release date: fall, price TBD) enables players who use both consoles and PCs to attach wireless accessories to their PC. Using a simple USB port, players can plug this tool into their PC permitting other wireless controllers and accessories to be used with their PC.

Take a look at these in-game images and then check out the additional images in the gallery section.
Old article so they may have changed their plans - getting both wheel and adaptor if they release them.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'm really not sure which to get right now, new PS3 or Xbox 2. Blu Ray troubles me as I think it will be the Betamax of DVD second generation formats.

Will probably end up with a new Xbox at Christmas. Although with 2 PC's and 2 Laptops the Mrs says I don't need one :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom