• XBOX360

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Nintento Wii

Votes: 52 41.6%

• Total voters

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Hawkwind said:
I'm really not sure which to get right now, new PS3 or Xbox 2. Blu Ray troubles me as I think it will be the Betamax of DVD second generation formats.

Will probably end up with a new Xbox at Christmas. Although with 2 PC's and 2 Laptops the Mrs says I don't need one :(
if you want a media pc aswell as a console i would get the ps3, at the end of the day it still plays dvd's :) and im sure it will eventually get a addon drive if Blu-Ray flops

soze

I am a FH squatter
Hawkwind said:
I'm really not sure which to get right now, new PS3 or Xbox 2. Blu Ray troubles me as I think it will be the Betamax of DVD second generation formats.

Will probably end up with a new Xbox at Christmas. Although with 2 PC's and 2 Laptops the Mrs says I don't need one :(

Looks like it will be lot closer than VHS and Betamax as alot of companys are taking both on.

And like has been said if you want to play online the ps3 is £36 cheaper over a year if you buy xbox gold 12 month the expensive ps3 comes with wifi 60gb harddisk blueray built in they are all upgrades you would have to buy if you wanted them.

The way i am talking myself into the expensive ps3 in my head is this

360 premium £279
hd dvd £110
Harddisk upgrade 20gb is £65 so i will say £100
Wifi £55
And 3 years of gold xbox live £100

So a xbox to last 3 years is £544
So a PS3 is really cheaper muhahaha

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
wifi can be less than £55 if you know what you are doing.

I picked up a compatable adaptor for £35 or so.

The HD-DVD drive isnt a requirement, unlike the expensive blu ray drive in the ps3.

The HD-DVD drive works on a windows PC (And almost on MAC) The blu ray drive does not.

360 > ps3 imo

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:

You are using WLAN-station through RJ-45 or found USB-adaptor (if so, which?)?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Naffets said:

The HD-DVD drive isnt a requirement, unlike the expensive blu ray drive in the ps3.

The HD-DVD drive works on a windows PC (And almost on MAC) The blu ray drive does not.

360 > ps3 imo

Yes all true and if you think microsoft will not start shiping games on HD Dvd to get more data then you have more faith than me.

And i know any wireless bridge will work yet another plug socket and box sitting by your TV to get you 360 working.

I know im in the minority with thinking the ps3 is cheap for everything it can do dut atleast it should last 7 years. And also the ps3 looks better than the 360 any day of the week add the massive charger and all the add ons for your xbox to try and getting doing the same and you have one ugly consol. And looks > all :)

I use one of these to get my 360 talking http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/112497/rb/23052790987

And not being able to watch blueray on my pc could not bother me less my hdtv is where i want to be watching films and it will be years untill games ect start shipping on blu ray its only just really changed to dvds for most games

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Naffets said:

360 > ps3 imo
gotta disagree with you there tbh,
imo the price tag is justified by the fact that it doubles up as a media pc (which includes things like web browsing, instant messenger, server browsing etc etc), which a xbox 360 is very crap at out of experience

Your argument holds no water as you are comparing the cost of making a 360 rival the ps3, if it needs it or not (it will eventually need the HD-DVD drive when the newer gen games come out)
your argument of using a compatible adaptor is also irrelevant because the majority of the userbase will buy the stuff from Microsoft in bundles/seperately but it will come from microsoft.

Regarding the drive being usable on a pc, this is exactly the problem for me everything on the console is outside the box, the power supply, the wifi, hd-drive (have you seen the size of the beast, its like a VCR).
It cant sit happlily under my tv in plain sight because of all the crap that comes with it.

If you are ignoring everything else and comparing the consoles the ps3 is leaps and bounds ahead of the xbox 360 making your statement xbox>360 very wrong (when comparing the consoles)

Its downfall is that the Xbox seems to have a marginally better selection of games from what i read, not to mention Halo 3 \o>
Also bear in mind that it can play movies streamed from your PC, and is the cheapest blu-ray player on the market.
If HD-DVD does with the battle of the formats, at the end of the day you can just stream HD-DVD from your pc to your ps3 as it doesnt discriminate like the Xbox

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
soze said:
Looks like it will be lot closer than VHS and Betamax as alot of companys are taking both on.

And like has been said if you want to play online the ps3 is £36 cheaper over a year if you buy xbox gold 12 month the expensive ps3 comes with wifi 60gb harddisk blueray built in they are all upgrades you would have to buy if you wanted them.

The way i am talking myself into the expensive ps3 in my head is this

360 premium £279
hd dvd £110
Wifi £55

the HD is included.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Wonk said:
the HD is included.
Thats 20gb ps3 has a 60 so for a like for like price i assume you will have to upgrade to get 60gb. Deffo will if you want to use it as a pvr

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
soze said:
Thats 20gb ps3 has a 60 so for a like for like price i assume you will have to upgrade to get 60gb. Deffo will if you want to use it as a pvr

aye, but you cant do that yet afaik, so a price shouldn't be listed already. There has been romours about a bigger HD though. Check out this picture from some random press conference :) (cant remember what it was called)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Wonk said:
aye, but you cant do that yet afaik, so a price shouldn't be listed already. There has been romours about a bigger HD though. Check out this picture from some random press conference :) (cant remember what it was called)

Yeah i saw all the rumors if its true that recording 2 hours of tv to your xbox / ps3 will need 6gb they had to release a new HD :) But thats something else i like about the ps3 you can use any laptop hardisk just unsrew the access plug in the new one and format :) Voids your warrenty though. I wonder if you can change the disk in the xbox one if not it will only be a matter of time till theres a adaptor.

And about the PC coment if you have a pc you buy the cheap one and give it access to a disk on your PC if you don't you buy the expensive one and it is a media centre replacing a pc

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
who gives a fuck about a large HD tbh.

stream MP3s from your PC and play films off a DVD.

soze said:
360 premium £279
hd dvd £110
Wifi £55

wtf tbh, if the HDD is 65 why would you say its a 100? that makes no sense at all.

chronic, dude, how small is the gap under your tv? is the bottom of it on the floor or something?

soze

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
who gives a fuck about a large HD tbh.

stream MP3s from your PC and play films off a DVD.

wtf tbh, if the HDD is 65 why would you say its a 100? that makes no sense at all.

chronic, dude, how small is the gap under your tv? is the bottom of it on the floor or something?

I was comparing the price of the premium ps3 to the premium 360 everyone says the ps3 is expensive so i was showing building a similar 360 would cost more. Seeing as the ps3 has 60gb so to make similar would cost more if they let you. Simple really the PS3 costs more but the 360 can cost just as much to get the same spec.

And yes like i already said share a folder if you have one then you can buy the basic ps3 but if you don't have a PC then the 60gb worth of media could be handy.

And its about looks you buy a nice tv and then it looks shit with a 360 massive power adaptor hd drive external wifi all the extra shit hanging off the side or you could have one small dvd player sized box again simple.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
tris- said:
Its got the digibox
pace2600.gif

vcr
sony-slvse840gs.gif

Media pc
FS-071-SH_400.jpg

in the cabinet underneath which is glass so you can see all the adaptors for the xbox 360

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
Also bear in mind that it can play movies streamed from your PC, and is the cheapest blu-ray player on the market.
If HD-DVD does with the battle of the formats, at the end of the day you can just stream HD-DVD from your pc to your ps3 as it doesnt discriminate like the Xbox
Also bear in mind that movies can be streamed to Xbox360 from PC and Xbox360 is the cheapest HD-DVD on the market.
Chronictank said:
in the cabinet underneath which is glass so you can see all the adaptors for the xbox 360
HD-DVD is the size of Wii so you can fit it nicely next to digibox, the wire between Xbox360 and its PSU is 1m so you can hide it easily and Wifi adaptor is tiny.

I'm following the easiest solution to win this console war and buying all three :cool: Already got Xbox360, getting Wii next (cheap) and buying PS3 once it has games worth playing.

soze

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
oh sorry, i forgot we all lived on the set of desperate house wives :eek:
Thats ok

The way im going to look at it is Sony is cheaper for a same spec machine is better for using media all reports say its gaming is faster and looks better, i doubt it will take them nearly a year to release there first uber game (Gears of War for 360).

I think alot of people are hating sony for the same reason they hate microsoft, everyone hates the guy in first place. And i will laugh at these people when in 2 or 3 years they are buying the new xbox or wii that finally rivals the PS3, and the PS3 is still making leaps because sony invested in making it a consol that will take years to tap.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fek choosing, i'm buying all :)

A Wiistation 360, just like the surroundings of my toilet show.

Helme

Resident Freddy
360 without a doubt, while Playstation might be technically superior and Wii might be more innovative in design. 360 offers the best games for me.

Keitan

Banned
Nintendo wii safety guide!!

test :
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQN7V-6g6j4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQN7V-6g6j4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><br><a href="http://www.thevideosense.com/user/hahavid/">How To Share Videos With Your Friends And Get Paid! Click Here.</a>

watch

Tilda

If your hands get moist, stop and wipe theM!

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Got X360 and Wii already. Getting PS3 as soon as its released :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom