PS3 Renders

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Danya said:
So you can draw a static head and move a camera about? Could do that on a ps2 already (albiet not with the resolution of those shots).

2 TFlops on the cpus is great, if you can actually use it all (PS2 syndrome again if they aren't careful). Also, if the CPUs are actually that fast, why have a graphics chip (which they are), you'd be able to software render faster.

You have often asked the question why we are bigging up a console that doesn't exist yet. I have a question for you. Why are you basically slating a console that doesn't exist yet?

Nos = right

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
babs said:
I said the workstations have that performance, those will be rackmount multi-cpu, multi-core, unlike the console.
Fair enough then, that makes sense. At least you managed to put it in a coherent fashion, rather than just going wild eyed and screaming because someone dared to slag off the almighty sony.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
I'm actually an xbox bigot, I was just pointing out the obvious.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
babs said:
I said the workstations have that performance, those will be rackmount multi-cpu, multi-core, unlike the console.

The PS3 will most likely be a Multi CPU though - as was always talked about being a 2 Cell system, with a potential 4 Cell system for a 'Upgraded version'. But there where comments ~6 months ago that due to potential problems with supply they were thinking of moving it down to 1 cell. Even so its all rumours in the case of the PS3, only near enough hard facts is what the cell is capable of it terms of its specifications.

Thing i love about Cell is its potential to offer a true distributed environment i.e. true power load sharing across all systems within a companies landscape e.g. desktops, servers and mainframes. That could revolutionise the way companies utilise their computing resource rather than have most of it sitting near enough idle doing desktop processing, etc. Although will take 5/10 years to come about but still potional changes that cell allows are amazing long term.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, well those workstations will probably work out at 8-cpu each, I believe it was said that each cell will do 256 GFLOPS, so that would make sense. I know originally PS3 was going to be 1TFLOP, but I suppose until Sony say something for sure, we're just guessing.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Nos said:
I'm actually an xbox bigot, I was just pointing out the obvious.
Sure...
you don't understand, so I'm a dick. Makes sense. :p

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
KevinUK said:
They look like a real person to me apart from the 2nd pic and the ear - lacks depth?

Exactly what i picked up on, still looks good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom