News PS3 Movie Store Live

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Finally got round to the downloaded content last night.

Really enjoyed the sixth sense, started off being a bit dull but the twist at the end made it very enjoyable. In terms of quality, 720p was very good indeed; compression artifacting wasn't present nor was mosquito noise and this was on a 75" screen so it would be tip top for Joe Public on large sized LCDs and plasmas. The only criticism of the quality I would have is that the colour saturation was a bit low, but that may have been the way it was filmed.

Also streamed The Beach on SD which worked very well, 2 GB done in about an hour which worked out to be a sustained 580 kbytes or so per second. The quality was the same as DVD quality, slight compression artifacting here and there and in line with what I'd expect from upscaled DVD content on my screen.

I think the dreadful download speeds I saw with the sixth sense were probably down to my wireless connection. I've swapped the wireless for a wired connection to the PS3 and the speed from the movie store was using up three quarters of my bandwidth.

Absolutely no replacement for blu-ray, but a very good experience all in.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
can you not play it half way through and it catch up while downloading? before you could stream on live you could start downloading then play it before it finishedso it was downloading the rest as you were watching

old.user4556

can you not play it half way through and it catch up while downloading?

Yes you can, in future i'll give HD content 30-60 minutes to cache and then start watching it. The Beach was a 60 minute download, but the film was two hours long so I could start watching it immediately.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah thats handy that, saves you downloading and waiting for ages

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Really enjoyed the sixth sense, started off being a bit dull but the twist at the end made it very enjoyable.

I cannot believe you've gone all these years without ever finding out the twist!

old.user4556

Interesting you say that Nath, because the missus was gobsmacked I hadn't heard it either - she said "how could you not know this?! it's been talked about for years!".

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's like the twist at the end of Se7en.
I know people who still go "WTF?" :)

Sorry i didnt see that post

yeah i dont have a 70 inch telly and i use headphones so it does me just fine
What kind of godless creature are you to watch a huge screen with HEADPHONES?!?!?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Urm, re-read that Zenith - he said he *doesn't* have a 70 inch telly :).

Yaka

Part of the furniture
that force setup was posted in avf yonks ago, me must defo be some kinda nutty neat freak, no way in hell could built somat or keep somat that clean.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
w00psies, no idea wot thread i was looking at last night

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
If its been mentioned already i appologise, but how lontlg do you get to watch a rental .off the ps store?

old.user4556

You get it for 14 days, but it expires 48 hours after you start watching it.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
ahh cool, so if i partially watch a film tonight, i then get 2days to finish it before it goes etc?

does it give me a time indicator somewhere?

old.user4556

Yes, you get two days to finish watching it. Unsure of a time indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom