Film Prometheus

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Unbelievable. "This video contains content from Comcast Entertainment Group, was has blocked it on copyright grounds".

Someone, probably several someone's, have fucked up bigtime.
If SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/etc get through, get used to more than just Youtube getting censored all the time.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/etc get through, get used to more than just Youtube getting censored all the time.

That's all kind of irrelevant in this case; its an official Prometheus viral, which means 20th Century Fox released it, but Comcast (a partner of Fox) got it blocked because something in it infringed their copyright, which means the marketing monkey responsible for rights clearance at Fox fucked up, and/or someone at Comcast is being monumentally boneheaded.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
judging by the trailers this should prolly show more of the space jockeys. i first found out about these from the epic alinen laser disc set they released in the 90s. and after the films out i bet the shit that happned after mass effect 3 got released will be nothing compared to peeps whinging about ridley scott fucking some thing up about the jockeys

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Have the jockets featured in the movies beyond the first? All i remember is one dead in a chair at the start of Alien when they're exploring the ship.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
nope but the materials with alien ld set had info on it, and dir commentray about em and hr grieger discussed it at some point as ridley scott. just one of those things thats discussed alot within the fan base. theres is hardley anything on it unlike say blade runner which had a few kewl missing scenes. in alien as the budget was very tight alot of stuff was never shot or was dropped in the planning stages.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So any wild guesses on the precentage of this being one of the biggest disappointments in past years?

The hype and expectation train is certainly on board :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have to disagree, everyone makes mistakes. With a healthy dose of "your taste" thrown in ofcourse.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It's not my taste im worried about.

Regardless im happy out as i have been a fan of this franchise since i was five years old hopefully it will bring it to a whole new generation. Horror aren't about gore or one liners they are about suspense and timing and making people use their imaginations.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Interesting though, i've never seen alien(s) as horror. Anyhoo, not the point really, i'm just more interested to see if this really is the biggest thing since blue monkeys tentacling horses, or if it's more towards Predators ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
when's the fucker out? Thinking some waterloo imax might be required...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Feck going to the opening night. It'll be a wet tuesday dinnertime or something, for me. No chavs or stupid people whispering "what's he doing?"

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Feck going to the opening night. It'll be a wet tuesday dinnertime or something, for me. No chavs or stupid people whispering "what's he doing?"

Do you often get people looking at you whispering "What's he doing?" to each other? Because that might be a sign of peculiar behaviour on your part.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
When I do something peculiar nobody is left in any doubt as to what it is!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Interesting though, i've never seen alien(s) as horror. Anyhoo, not the point really, i'm just more interested to see if this really is the biggest thing since blue monkeys tentacling horses, or if it's more towards Predators ;)

It was definitely pitched as horror at the time it was released (first "X" rated film I ever got in to see, I was 14 at the time).

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It was definitely pitched as horror at the time it was released (first "X" rated film I ever got in to see, I was 14 at the time).
Film certification has changed to keep pace with society. I sat my 12yr old down to watch Alien a couple of months ago.
She now thinks it's the best horror/thriller EVER. I've seen Alien often enough to know where the "bad" bits are and it's in your head for the most part.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just watched the international trailer. Don't feel the need to see the film any more tbfh - I think I've got enough of the story to have it all figured out already anyway. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Feel like going postal when that shit happens, people are downtright fucking rude at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom