Programming!

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Aha, the programming forum! So what's everyone up to? Writing some games ... scripts ... apps? :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well atm I'm scripting. got a nice thing that will automagically scan my solaris servers for hard and software changes, and when detected will automatically update our configurationmanagement database with the latest info, and I'm starting on a script that will do capacity stuff for said servers and send the results to a mainframe for processing (or something like that heh).

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
In my attempts to learn C, I've created some pretty stupid command line app thingers that say, "Hello world!", add up some numbers, or test you on your times tables.

Master programmer at work :p

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Currently writing a dynamic site for my college JCR (what would, at a lesser University, be a students' union). Pretty simple stuff really, but I'm kinda rusty.

Daf

Fledgling Freddie
Currently writing:
  • my major project for uni, which is a turn-based game library and a game (Axis And Allies)
  • various AI exercises for uni
  • old skool 2d game framework for stuff like platformers, shoot 'em ups etc.
  • basic open gl framework, so i can learn open gl properly

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
im a pascal g33k.
what im trying to write atm is:
Sub-OS for DOS (kernel only, by saying Sub-OS i mean a program, after which is launched, take over dos... like Cygwin (linux emu for dos))

Database for the OS (which holds all system settings)

Programs for the OS (which will use the same database type)

Some nice graphics for the OS

:rolleyes:

Daf

Fledgling Freddie
get your sub-os to support Java and you can have the games ;)

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
SheepCow said:
ew pascal.

I spent my formative years programming pascal (and modula-2). It's a nice language. :)

C's better but I always found pascal easy. Dunno why.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I write games, woot :D

BTW all you pascal heathens, go learn C or C++, live in the now damnit! :p

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Spent 20 years writing COBOL. Now I'm doing C, C++, Java etc.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
You wouldn't - my point is that C can be very nasty, low-level and hackish.

Thankfully, in C++, you can also be high-level and object-oriented. I'm just not hugely keen on the munginess of (say) pointers.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
C++ is heavily based on pointers though, at least as much so as C, if not more.

Jazz

Fledgling Freddie
Dull...

Windows (2K) frontends to SQL Server backends, for work... all very dull, but .NET at least makes the programming a pleasure.

One day, I'll get started on all those projects I want to do at home. One day. :[

breal

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been programming for a few years now, mainly C,C++,C# and Java. Currently im doing my final year honours project, which is an autonomous control and vision system for a Mars Rover Robot. Done a bit of openGL before too, but I don't think I would have the patience to do game programming :p

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Currently using 4th Dimension (no, nobody else has heard of it either) for a tiny software house in Stockport.

Nice and easy though.

CertifiedBomb

Fledgling Freddie
i heard of 4th dimension, i even got a version of its compiler and IDE around somewhere, i never used it though i am a c++ man at the moment for any of my programing needs.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Anastasia said:
Currently using 4th Dimension (no, nobody else has heard of it either) for a tiny software house in Stockport.

Nice and easy though.

Got any jobs going? I'm kinda desperate for a programming job. :(

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Slowly moving away from programming, but still do a bit of C++ at the moment, mainly for low level control of mailing systems (yes it makes me yawn too).

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
SheepCow said:
Aha, the programming forum! So what's everyone up to? Writing some games ... scripts ... apps? :)
At the moment I'm doing fuck all, dont have any major projects at work what with my job terminating soon. Hopefully get the chance to go and do some hobby stuff like the good old days soon though. Maybe resurrect Neville (PHP CMS) or something along those lines. It's nice to do nothing for now tho, yay \o/

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
Trebz said:
At the moment I'm doing fuck all, dont have any major projects at work what with my job terminating soon. Hopefully get the chance to go and do some hobby stuff like the good old days soon though. Maybe resurrect Neville (PHP CMS) or something along those lines. It's nice to do nothing for now tho, yay \o/
go neville! from what i remember, it was pretty darn funky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom