Problem with rvr atm is

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
it's possible to solo.. just have a couple of extra keyboards on standby :)

some nights I've been lucky.. yesterday was pure shit

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Fenderon said:
it's possible to solo.. just have a couple of extra keyboards on standby :)

some nights I've been lucky.. yesterday was pure shit

it was worse than pure shit

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Well I still enjoy myself in this iRvR, of course i couldnt play for all weekend, so playing a lot monday tuesday.

Tried some grouping yesterday, was fun, then returned for some soloing, was fun. Guess it was fun then, even when blown to smithereens, but hey thats a the loot of a keen.

And locks are getting higher on my fan list. Makes my day a little brighter when I get to kill one, and is actually fun to see how quite a lot purposely switch from one target to a lock when one comes into view. Almost feel sorry for them, ..., almost :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe when the next IRvR zone gets setup, Midgard takes the keep which the furthest of the 3 that makes up the IRvR keeps for that zone. Though this is very unfair on those which have no speed, ungrouped etc (Within Midgard).

Though I would like a bit of IRvR in midgard. I do miss my snowy landscape and I have to be honest, its been a very long time since it was in Midgard.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im happy whit irvr atm, getting alot of solo fights on my ranger. but we have to get rid of it soon, couse emain is getting OLD again :D

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Dont really think that would work...

pip said:
Nah think its peeps that like 8v8 that moan about this but imo I bet 75% of peeps love irvr :) Bring back O/f but bring the hibs closer to action + leave nf to them that like it, just have portal to O/f for them that want it:D

Dont really think that would work...will probably only become another argamond where fgs roam until they get ganked to many times then go farm the serg i nf iRvR. (The big reason argamond is empty is basically that there just isnt enough rps/fights there for the high realmrank gankgroups. They need lowrealmranks to steamroll to fill out the time inbtween the long even fights). When some groups start moving to iRvR for abit of easier rps, then the high realmrank gankers follow...and all are back in NF iRvR again.

/Charmangle

ps. Not that I mind OF beeing implemented again, I just dont think it will do anything else than give us another empty argamond. ds

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Imo iRvR is brilliant for fg fights (even with adds its possiple to survive at a certain Realm Rank), but for soloers its bloody hard. I've retired my Infil untill iRvR is gone, cus all I get its fights vs 2-3 people are RR8-9s :)

pip

Banned
charmangle said:
Dont really think that would work...will probably only become another argamond where fgs roam until they get ganked to many times then go farm the serg i nf iRvR. (The big reason argamond is empty is basically that there just isnt enough rps/fights there for the high realmrank gankgroups. They need lowrealmranks to steamroll to fill out the time inbtween the long even fights). When some groups start moving to iRvR for abit of easier rps, then the high realmrank gankers follow...and all are back in NF iRvR again.

/Charmangle

ps. Not that I mind OF beeing implemented again, I just dont think it will do anything else than give us another empty argamond. ds
O/F for stealthers to get lots of solo fights leave nf for zergers/8v8:)

Jjuraa

Banned
ebenezer said:
Just coming up with something as stupid as adder in a game where fullscale warfare is possible is beyond belief imo:p
And especially whining about it to the people that plays it^^
Try implement it in another game ...like battle field two that have about same construction in warfare(lots of people in small area trying to kill eachother) and see what happend...wonder if people would tolerate you as long as we do here:p
over and out...

While im sure there are plenty of actual comparisons you could make to adding in DAOC, saying "nobody cares about adding in BF2/CS/TFC" or whatever just isnt one of them, and its getting tedious listening to people always trying to field that excuse.

Games like CS/BF2 are team games, you are in a team, equal sides, working together. The exact same is true for 8vs8 in DAOC, team, equal sides, working together. When a FG adds on another FGvsFG fight, its not equal numbers, it becomes 16vs8. If youre going to compare something like CS to adding in DAOC, then it would be along the lines of: middle of a practice clan war, another clan suddenly joins the server, piles onto CT and starts slaughtering the T's. Not fun.

pip

Banned
Nate said:
maybe alb/mid should swap keeps :eek: for a little change!
lol do albs a favour hahahahahahahahahah never in a billion years:twak:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
While im sure there are plenty of actual comparisons you could make to adding in DAOC, saying "nobody cares about adding in BF2/CS/TFC" or whatever just isnt one of them, and its getting tedious listening to people always trying to field that excuse.

Games like CS/BF2 are team games, you are in a team, equal sides, working together. The exact same is true for 8vs8 in DAOC, team, equal sides, working together. When a FG adds on another FGvsFG fight, its not equal numbers, it becomes 16vs8. If youre going to compare something like CS to adding in DAOC, then it would be along the lines of: middle of a practice clan war, another clan suddenly joins the server, piles onto CT and starts slaughtering the T's. Not fun.

erhm....first of all bf2/vietnamn etc arent cs...i hate cs and only thing thats similar is that it is set in our time and have guns in it:)
Second of all ur wrong with teams being equal. In lots of situasions like in daoc you happened to be outnumbered in a village or whatever and your actually thankfull for people coming to ur aid..instead of wanting to show off ur epeen and killem all by urself:p
Also daoc was setout to be a team game with the realms against eachother no matter how hard you or anyone is trying to deny that:)
So..its a pretty good comparison, if the comparison feels strange...well....thats how far off this whole discussion have come. cause bottomline it could easely be someone saying same thing in a game like that, but there it just wouldnt be tolerated.
And for the record...hearing the whine is getting very very tedious as well:p

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Kraben said:
Has there even been a era ever where mid were less represented in fg rvr than the other 2 realms?

"Grapple era" :p

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
i disagree zagg, can get all of those and faster then without instarvr. the problem is that theres a big chance its spoilt, too many people in a too small place. :p

The place being to small is the whole problem!

Usually we have certain areas for certain purposes: Agramon for op'ted groups, various tower sieges for gimped groups, the occasional keeptake for zergs and plenty of action around the 3 island keeps... and many borderzones/travelzones around those hotspots for solo/duo ppl to find some fights.

I don't know about you guys, but the possibility to choose between different hotspots, using your brain to read the warmap and pick the environment for you (or your group) to fight in, is part of the fun in this game... isn't it?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Zagg said:
The place being to small is the whole problem!

Usually we have certain areas for certain purposes: Agramon for op'ted groups, various tower sieges for gimped groups, the occasional keeptake for zergs and plenty of action around the 3 island keeps... and many borderzones/travelzones around those hotspots for solo/duo ppl to find some fights.

I don't know about you guys, but the possibility to choose between different hotspots, using your brain to read the warmap and pick the environment for you (or your group) to fight in, is part of the fun in this game... isn't it?
one would think so yes:p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
This thread shows us how we have a mystery of Miss Marple-esque proportions.

The first question is that if there wasn't iRvR where would the fg's go (seeing as they don't go to Agramon as they say it's empty)?

The next question to ask is, if they know where the zerg is and still insist on going there, where would they go if they didn't know where the zerg is?

The final question is that if they only want fair fg fights (meights), why do they go to the place where they know their fights will be interrupted...and then complain when the inevitable happens? With the little supplementary question of where could they go to enjoy "un-added" fights?

Take the answer to these questions and ponder for a moment why they don't go somewhere else.

As Miss Marple would say "The answer to this mystery is very simple. It's because their penuses are too small."

:eek6:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Bracken said:

The first question is that if there wasn't iRvR where would the fg's go (seeing as they don't go to Agramon as they say it's empty)?

The next question to ask is, if they know where the zerg is and still insist on going there, where would they go if they didn't know where the zerg is?

The final question is that if they only want fair fg fights (meights), why do they go to the place where they know their fights will be interrupted...and then complain when the inevitable happens? With the little supplementary question of where could they go to enjoy "un-added" fights?

Take the answer to these questions and ponder for a moment why they don't go somewhere else.

As Miss Marple would say "The answer to this mystery is very simple. It's because their penuses are too small."

Repped for that (even if I'm still curious as to what a penus is. Is it like a hazelnus?).

Amazing how people whine when you help them kill their enemy.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

hehe....aye it is indeed a funny phenomena(not sure of the spelling of that one tbh:p).
I think one of the answers to that is that the fg side consist of many different wills. And they dont really want the same thing, sure they all want the precious fg fights....but seems after that the opinion differs alot.
I think they dont really know how to solve this one. They would like a place to fight...but at same time i think some of the fg people want the whole cookie, namely to be able to rvr everywhere and have whole realms for themselfs and add free:p When they realise they cant have it, its frutrating and they go somewhere in between. Going the zergy areas but little bit in outskirts but still whining if anyone goes near.
mmmmm....still an unsolvable issue this.
But as you say...its hard to understand why they bother to meddle with rest of realm since all they want out of game is clean fg fights, its very easy to solve. So its something thats holding them back or we wouldnt see them at all anymore.
Maybe some of them realise they are part of this game like everyone else and they sometimes do have to interact:)
i dunno:p
over and out..

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
I'm still curious as to what a penus is. Is it like a hazelnus?

Almost...it's more like an elephint's tronk, but slightly shirter, more punk and found on people who can't type priporly :D

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Problem with rvr is: People who has confused the word realm withgroup of 8:twak:

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:

Daoc is not a 8vs8 game. If there are 2 groups fighting and another one jumps in Its not adding its RvR...

All the wanabe l33t boys started to complain and created this new word ADD that contradicts the RVR system this game created in mmorpg to begin with.

DAOC is unique in its PVP system, no other game submerge every player of one realm to work toghether as this one. If you dont like it go play CS.

I will help every realm mate i see fighting in RVR. Because all this game is about is to DEFEND YOUR REALM. not your belly button.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Another wannabe-leet post by Haggus, what else is new?

Fuck you Belomar.

Why do you care what I post on here ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Forfid said:
Daoc is not a 8vs8 game. If there are 2 groups fighting and another one jumps in Its not adding its RvR...

All the wanabe l33t boys started to complain and created this new word ADD that contradicts the RVR system this game created in mmorpg to begin with.

DAOC is unique in its PVP system, no other game submerge every player of one realm to work toghether as this one. If you dont like it go play CS.

I will help every realm mate i see fighting in RVR. Because all this game is about is to DEFEND YOUR REALM. not your belly button.

All this game is about is what u think is fun; if u think that RvR is fun, since u need your counterparts to somehow have fun emselves or u won't have any counterpart, i think u are WRONG big time.

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
this is called Realm versus Realm - not Fg vs Fg - or 1 on 1 ... the goal is to eliminate the opposing realms and u don't die doing so. RvR is about those Relics - If 1 realm could capture them all they would literally own RvR making the 2 other realms weaker and so they have to organize to get their relics back.

Actually the kind of RvR u all 1337 ppl ask for doesn't excist anymore - maybe on Glastonebury, not sure about that. But if ur looking for this kind of RvR I suggest u get DAoC Portal for its fun fg vs fg there everyday - and u get insta lvl 50 characters, what more do u want :p

Seriously , this whining and QQ'ing about adding - IRvR and all that ain't gonna do sh!t about it. U better learn to live with it then build up ur stress levels some more...its here to stay...

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Mandi said:
this is called Realm versus Realm - not Fg vs Fg - or 1 on 1 ... the goal is to eliminate the opposing realms and u don't die doing so. RvR is about those Relics - If 1 realm could capture them all they would literally own RvR making the 2 other realms weaker and so they have to organize to get their relics back.

Actually the kind of RvR u all 1337 ppl ask for doesn't excist anymore - maybe on Glastonebury, not sure about that. But if ur looking for this kind of RvR I suggest u get DAoC Portal for its fun fg vs fg there everyday - and u get insta lvl 50 characters, what more do u want :p

Seriously , this whining and QQ'ing about adding - IRvR and all that ain't gonna do sh!t about it. U better learn to live with it then build up ur stress levels some more...its here to stay...

Play the game the way you want to play it, but take the consequences of it.

Waiting for the first "Oh you're such a hypocrit" post.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Play the game the way you want to play it, but take the consequences of it.

Waiting for the first "Oh you're such a hypocrit" post.

erhm..and consequences being people steamroll you on sight. Nothing new there hehe.....i dont think anyone except any mercy from any other player in the other realms...thats kind of the whole point of their way of thinking with rvr:p
No the only people that have clearly lost since the whine started are the fg people...daoc now devided in two very distinct camp(though lots of people might be in between in reality), plus that it rallied people agianst them for starting the whining and therefor this talk about them being confined to agramon for their clean fights. If people would just have played the game like you normally do in any game without starting to bully, then they everyone would be happy and they would have been able to choose a place of their liking without having other half of realm tired and sick of them^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom