Privacy settings

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Where are they?!

I don't mind forums which show users who is browing in each section, but showing users browsing each thread is over the top. So where are the privacy options to go anon on the forums?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
No invisible mode option, probably because its been set to off for non-subscribers.

Can we have it back? Some of us like some privacy. :p

Attachments

• privacy.png
    privacy.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 27

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There won't be much privacy with a stupidly long sig like that anyway :D

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I level up far too many characters. :( Nearly got my 7th level 50 character, will have to move them out of the sig soon as its getting a bit too long. :p

But I still dislike being tracked to each individual thread anyway!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
GReaper said:

*peers over Ouro's shoulder*

:p

Ello old chap :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Has been disabled for users but not admins or mods.

Will

/bin/su
The invisible setting keeps resetting itself. I've had to reselect it twice so far today.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Deebs said:
Has been disabled for users but not admins or mods.

Any chance of enabling it? I'd rather logout and browse anonymously instead of being watched in every single thread. Only need to login to post.

It helps to protect the privacy of users.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just forum based, but tracking down to "Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread" is over the top.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I didn't think people actually cared, but I like know where you are so I can prepare myself for a stupid sig to appear.

Sar

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
Any chance of enabling it? I'd rather logout and browse anonymously instead of being watched in every single thread. Only need to login to post.

It helps to protect the privacy of users.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just forum based, but tracking down to "Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread" is over the top.
Feck me, slightly paranoid about who sees you or what?

:twak:

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
*joins sar in twakking GReaper*

had enough?

:touch:

thought not

Tom

I am a FH squatter
GReaper said:
I level up far too many characters. :( Nearly got my 7th level 50 character, will have to move them out of the sig soon as its getting a bit too long. :p

Why do you feel the need to put all this crap in your sig? Its totally meaningless. At least put something readable in there.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
What sig ? Oh yeah, I turned them off the moment someone said some DAoC'ers were on their way.

Shadow_Xj5

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Why do you feel the need to put all this crap in your sig? Its totally meaningless. At least put something readable in there.
Have to agree with Tom, there needs to be some rules on length of sigs, not byte length but pysical screen space length. 5/6 lines is more than enough. imho.

mank!

Part of the furniture
There was a function coded in to the old forums by the ever wonderful DBs that limited the number of lines in a sig. I expect it would need to be changed for this forum though.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
I dont doubt that once the forum code is no longer pre-release code Deebs will endow us with toys, including the ability to filter out sigs.
I personally like having the DAOC crowd here, I think they add something overall, but I have to agree, the long sigs that seem to be de rigeur there are tedious outside the daoc context. ooooh BIG words! mummy!
Sigs have a place, but I want to limit them to 3 or 4 lines personally.

The privacy issue is quite interesting. I've always set myself as invisible but thats disabled here as explained by Deebs and I actually think it adds something seeing who's here. Although a "sub-admin" I've left myself visible, just to see how it all works out.

Shadow_Xj5

Fledgling Freddie
The option to disable sigs should be in the user CP, i haven't checked on this board but its there on my VB3Gammer :) I'm not sure if its admin toggable option or not either.

The ability to be invisable should be avalible to everyone as it simply shuts them up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom