Help Printing to Windows Network from Chromebook

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Another question sorry.

My daughter is just starting GCSE's (!!) and has been given a Chromebook by the school. She has been using her laptop which is part of my home network and prints from my HP server, now running Win 10, which we all print from from various places.

She doesn't really use the laptop any more, but we can't get the chromebook to print. I've read around and know that it will print using Cloud Print, and that is set up on the server as I have sometimes used it from my phone and tablet (though it's a bit flaky). The Chromebook doesn't seem to see this though, is there another step I need to take? Can I associate her Google account with Cloud Print without losing mine?

Many thanks

RB

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Printing from a Chromebook seems to be a common cause of people pulling their hair out, unfortunately.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Whoever the printer is "owned" by in google print can send her permissions.

If the chromebook is "given" and she doesn't have to give it back, I'd recommend installing mint on it.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I think it'll have to go back, but as she is very likely to stay on to do A levels it'll be 4 years and worth fuck all by then. They still wouldn't be happy with her changing the OS though.

How do I send her permissions?

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Brilliant, thanks ECA. I've set it up and we'll see if she can print tomorrow.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Another question sorry.

My daughter is just starting GCSE's (!!)

What the fuck @Rubber Bullets !!! She is only 5 isn't she? How the fuck has that happened?

Anyway, probably something I shouldn't do but download this and put it on the chromebook and open it with a file manager (OI file manager, File Commander etc, all on Play Store if one isn't already on the CB) and job done, if you want an alternative to ECA's solution that is :) (PrinterShare App, it's on my Google Drive)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4_i9xhN2pwUU2JEWVRqVkk4OGM/view?usp=sharing

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I know Trem, she's 14 already! Taller than Sharon and very grown up. She's a good kid though :)

If the share thing doesn't work I'll give that a go, thank you.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
careful guys. if that be dodgy stuff and all, I may have to admonish you. well, @Trem at least, but he likes it the dirty fucker. I'll think nasty corrective thoughts in your direction, just to make sure, RB :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I'm the maverick mod, always living on the edge but I get results so you never ask for my badge and gun.

It's all above board in a FIFA type way @TdC my hunky sex love muffin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom