Printers - shitemare

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have an epson stylus photo 810, and I am sick and tired of the heads clogging almost every single time I use it.

Therefore, I wish to propell it from the tip of my boot at a high velocity, and replace it with something that works.

I have a Canon scanner, would it be a good idea to buy a Canon printer, or are there others I should consider?

It needs to be cheap, reliable (I don't want to muck around cleaning it, or wait for it to clean itself every time it switches on), and reasonably good quality.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a Canon i320 I use for quick prints. The quality isn't amazing at standard quality but it's cheap enough not to worry. No problems so far with clogging heads.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Currently have an HP deskjet 960c which will almost certainly have been superceded now by newer models, but as an FYI I have been very happy with it's reliability/performance.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Can you give us a little more info, such as a max price? And maybe the kind of stuff you'll be intending to use it to print? (Photos/CDs/glossy roll, etc)

Xav

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
Get one with the print heads built into the cartridges, therefore if you (as I did) don't use it often and the things cloggs up you only have to chuck the cartridge rather than the whole printer.

I've given up on Ink Cartridge printers, I bought a cheap B&W Laser and haven't looked back :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't want to spend more than £60-£70. Mostly used for printing colour invoices, but also the odd photograph (rare).

The most important thing is that when I switch it on, it doesn't spend 1 minute chundering away, and then print something with blank streaky lines all over the page.

Oh, and preferably not too expensive ink cartridges (I don't use refills/compatiable types, as they're always shite).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom