Printer cartridges more expensive than printer

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I bought a new printer today because is was cheaper than buying two new ink cartridges, which I think is totally nuts.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
What you wearing?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
The North Face red fleece, Next jeans, generic black socks, Nike Air trainers and Hoya gas permiable contact lenses...

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Well that article is three years old, nothing has changed. I think it's promoting a very wasteful society if it's cheaper to buy a new printer every month than to buy the ink cartidges for it. I saved nearly a tenner doing this, that's £120 a year if I keep doing it. The only advantage in buying new cartridges is you don't have to keep carrying a whole printer home from the shops instead, it's bloody stupid.

In fact I may as well buy the printer, remove the cartridges and ask the shopkeeper to put the printer in the bin for me. :)

taB

Part of the furniture
That '85 Dom P would taste nicer too :)

Be wary though Maljonic, in my experience new printers tend to ship without full ink cartridges, so you'll have to refill them sooner. End up spending as much!

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
They'd have to do some pretty underhand stuff to make them less than full, what with the chip inside and the program that comes with the printer that tells you how much ink is left.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
The chip and program lie. They don't actually measure ink level, they just "estimate" how much ink is left, and by "estimate" I mean they say it's empty when it's half-full. :p

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I know, but they don't say it's full when it's half empty.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Maljonic said:
I know, but they don't say it's full when it's half empty.

Oh I think you'll find they do. They put "starter" cartridges in new printers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom