[NEWS] Prices changes from Magnusk

Bahumat

FH is my second home
We are pleased to confirm that the subscription prices in the UK have been lowered significantly. This effectively place WAR in a highly competitive position on the UK MMO market.

Our new subscription prices are as follow:
£8.99 per month
£25.17 for 3 months
£46.14 for 6 months

Our previous prices were:
£10.31 per month
£28.55 for three months
£52.34 for six months

Cheers,
-Magnus

Only-WAR.com • View topic - UK Prices cut

These are VAT Inclusive from what I heard. (scroll down to see his answer on below url)
Only-WAR.com • View topic - UK Prices cut

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Good lord the prices were that high before? £8.99 is the standard monthly price I would've expected it to be.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
While good news - I can't help but wonder why it had to take so long time to get it confirmed, seeing as how long ago it was we saw this mentioned first.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Student loan to pay for booze, mmos, and food. What else is there?

taB

Part of the furniture
not for another schoolyear

Sell lemonade!

tyler.jpg

peo

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still waiting on a reply from Magnus on this....
Fact, prices are ~20% lower in the UK than the rest of Europe.
Why?
That is utter BS imo and should be rectified.
It definately means my opinion of GoA is lowered even further as not only are europeans treated worse than the US customers they also divide europe up and treat people in the UK better then the rest giving them a ~20% lower price than the rest.

At the very least they should allow us to pay in whatever currency we wish, I doubt that will be so though and I will be forced to pay ~20% more than the UK, ~50% more than the US and suffer the insecurity of currency fluctuations.

Bah. I guess I'll get a warning for it but nonetheless it annoys me greatly that my position as a customer is seen as crap and that the level of service compared to the money I pay will be about as good as thing comming out the wrong end of pigs.

But congratulations to people from the uk i guess, it is always fun being subsidized by others.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Student loan to pay for booze, mmos, and food. What else is there?

trip to hooters? that falls under student loan criteria also Amsterdam :flame:

OT: more good news from Goa ehh... less bashing now plz, sick of the QQ before they can even launch! (also amen to not having to rely on open transit this time round ;))

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Peo: Check currency transfer rates and prices of every other MMO in the UK.

OOC: Ahhh, hooters. BOOOBS.

rynnor

Rockhound
Peo: Check currency transfer rates and prices of every other MMO in the UK.

To be honest it must be extremely difficult setting international prices at the moment the way the currencies are fluctuating - in April this year a pound bought you 2.05 dollars - its now dropped by over 25 cents in 4 months!

Which is a pain as I wanted to go to Florida next summer...

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Why?
It definately means my opinion of GoA is lowered even further as not only are europeans treated worse than the US customers they also divide europe up and treat people in the UK better then the rest giving them a ~20% lower price than the rest.

At the very least they should allow us to pay in whatever currency we wish, I doubt that will be so though and I will be forced to pay ~20% more than the UK, ~50% more than the US and suffer the insecurity of currency fluctuations.

Bah. I guess I'll get a warning for it but nonetheless it annoys me greatly that my position as a customer is seen as crap and that the level of service compared to the money I pay will be about as good as thing comming out the wrong end of pigs.

But congratulations to people from the uk i guess, it is always fun being subsidized by others.

To be honest, the rest of Europe does generally get things a fair bit cheaper than the UK, what with our taxes and all, so it's about damn time us brits got something cheaper for a change XD

As for subsidies, may I just mention the EU? Britain subsidises more or less all of Europe through that and look where it's got us x.x

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest, the rest of Europe does generally get things a fair bit cheaper than the UK, what with our taxes and all, so it's about damn time us brits got something cheaper for a change XD

As for subsidies, may I just mention the EU? Britain subsidises more or less all of Europe through that and look where it's got us x.x

Actually, almost everything is cheaper in the UK than in the Nordic countries, m8.

And our taxes dwarfs your taxes... not complaining through, our wages are higher too, so no biggie :)

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest it must be extremely difficult setting international prices at the moment the way the currencies are fluctuating - in April this year a pound bought you 2.05 dollars - its now dropped by over 25 cents in 4 months!

Which is a pain as I wanted to go to Florida next summer...

When the markets start correcting themselves, America's inflation rate will sky rocket. Expect $3 / £1! When the US treasury's coffers start running low, they just print more money. Good short-term, very bad long-term (for them).

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Why?

So we're actually getting something cheaper in the UK?

More recession please! Gordon Brown, four more years! :clap:

peo

Fledgling Freddie
I've NEVER! seen anything more expensive in the UK considering 17% vat compared to 25% here and a ~50% taxrate here compared to ~40% in the UK.
I did check the currency exchangerates and considering that the pound is falling it will be even cheeper compared to here. So why in hell should I subsidize the UK players?

As for the EU, Maxx I'll mention this once since it is political and has nothing to do with the game.
1. Order of net payers per capita: 1.Netherlands, 2.Germany, 3.Sweden
2. Before you spout garbage about things you haven't researched check the official sources, that is take a look at Eurostat for example and look up the table regarding net payment to the budget.
The UK has never been the largest net contributor per capita ever.

Tilda

peo chill out a bit.
The GOA guys won't give you a warning for posting criticism because they dont generally get involved in modding.
Also, how do you know the UK price should be £10? As I understood things, there was a mistake in the currency conversion. Its a well known fact that prices globally are unequal, have you ever bought a car in the UK?
Your not subsidising the UK, its just its marketed here cheaper because thats presumably what the UK market can support - at the end of the day, GOA are a business.
If you dont like that, move to the UK.

peo

Fledgling Freddie
peo chill out a bit.
The GOA guys won't give you a warning for posting criticism because they dont generally get involved in modding.
Also, how do you know the UK price should be £10? As I understood things, there was a mistake in the currency conversion. Its a well known fact that prices globally are unequal, have you ever bought a car in the UK?
Your not subsidising the UK, its just its marketed here cheaper because thats presumably what the UK market can support - at the end of the day, GOA are a business.
If you dont like that, move to the UK.

Always easy when you are treated better to say "chill out" "relax" or whatever.
I will basically be treated as a 4th rate customer. (1st is the US, 2nd the UK, 3rd eurozone, 4th the rest of europe) I personally don't like paying more for the same service as it doesn't cost squat more for a online service run from Ireland with servers in France to "sell" in Sweden compared to the UK.
Quite simply I'm not arguing that the UK should have higher prices per se just that prices should be the same. That others have gotten away with giving the UK a rebate doesn't mean I have to accept it or bend over and take it.
It just means I'm more inclined to bypass goa all together.

As for prices globally, yes they are unequal. Know why?
Purchase power parity. Which usually works out in the UK's favour due to lower taxes and higher wages (in general). So prices should be higher and not lower... Odd that they are lower in this case.
Also with a falling pound the disparity between what I will pay and people with the "stuck on a island discount" pays grows larger and larger.
So in what way doesn't my higher cost/service subsidize the service for the UK?
The same service, the same server, the same company but a higher price for me.

I'm quite aware that I will never get a proper response with a proper argument why I should subsidize the UK players but that doesn't mean I have to be silent about it or like it one bit.

rynnor

Rockhound
Also with a falling pound the disparity between what I will pay and people with the "stuck on a island discount" pays grows larger and larger.

Hang on - a pound is still a pound so how will a falling pound help folk in the uk - it wont make it any cheaper for them.

Tbh the only people who have a grievance in this case is GOA - every time the pound weakens they are going to lose revenue.

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
make a fake adress in the UK? :p and pay with visa in pounds? :s

Vae

Resident Freddy
It would seem to me that the prices they have set in the UK are to directly compete with WoW as they mirror the WoW prices. It would seem to be a sensible strategy to remove price from teh equation of whether to play War or WoW.

I'm not sure how the Euro WoW prices compare to the Euro War prices but I would suspect they'll be competetive for the same reason. If so then complain at Blizzard for the prices it set and complain at governments for allowing exchange rate fluctuations :p

taB

Part of the furniture
Hi peo,

Maybe you should campaign for your country to join the European Union? You have solid issues on which to lobby.

Or maybe there are a lot of other benefits to be had from being outside such a group that outweighs your country's need to provide competative MMO subscriptions for its citizens.

Anyway, thanks for your subsidy even if it only exists in your head.

peo

Fledgling Freddie
It would seem to me that the prices they have set in the UK are to directly compete with WoW as they mirror the WoW prices. It would seem to be a sensible strategy to remove price from teh equation of whether to play War or WoW.

I'm not sure how the Euro WoW prices compare to the Euro War prices but I would suspect they'll be competetive for the same reason. If so then complain at Blizzard for the prices it set and complain at governments for allowing exchange rate fluctuations :p

Why? Blizzard isn't GoA? So why on earth should I complain to them about GoAs pricing strategy?
I don't mind exchange rate fluctuations, I mind being considered a 4th rate customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom